Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC Pro Insurance Play on Words

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

liabiltiy insurance is only to make sure that YOU (the insured) can not personaly be sued for the damages encured durring the accident...so going after the driver would be worthless....going after the track would cause hate and discontent with the track and possibly end the tracks existance...so what's a person to do when there's a REAL injury???? here's a story of what happend to me once.....i was out marshalling at the end of a long straight when a 1/8 buggy jumped the pipe at the begining of the straight, and instead of letting himself be marshalled like any SOBER person would've....he stayed on the trigger ALL the way down until he met my ankle with his buggy (fracturing my ankle)....at the moment i looked at him, he looked at me, i picked up his buggy, AND HUCKED IT 30+ FEET OFF THE TRACK!!!!! upon the buggy landing 2 shock shafts bent and 1 upper arm snapped.....needless to say he got in my face about it....i won't go into any more detail, but lets just say i limped away to race another day, AND my renters insurance covered it under some sort of clause that is to long for me to remember....!!!!!

it SUCKS that R/C PRO would make the racer pay for the specator's insurance...i believe that the person PAYING for the insurance should be covered JUST AS MUCH AS THOSE WHO DON'T!!!!!!! R/C PRO, PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS AND DO THE RIGHT THING!!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 07:08 PM
dam
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghost68
The way I always looked at it was like this: If you hit me hard enough to send me to the doctor while I am marshaling I'm keeping whatever you hit me with until you pay my medical bills. But your kit is collateral til they are paid off...

There is never a good reason to hit a marshal but its part of racing and we all know the risks.
WOW, that's scary! Nobody intentianally hits a marhsal. My daughter played fast pitch softball for 13 yrs. If she got hit by a line drive or a bad hop, the last thing on my mind would be to expect the batter or the grounds keeper , to pay my kids Dr bill for the ball that she missed played or let play her.
RC racing is NO different, when you are marshalling, you are on defense and NEED to pay attention. There is no way a driver can look far enough ahead to see you standing in the middle of the track when you can only see a few feet in front of your car.
If the marshal is too young to understand when it's safe to run after a car, than his parent should be out there for him!
Old 07-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dam
WOW, that's scary! Nobody intentianally hits a marhsal. My daughter played fast pitch softball for 13 yrs. If she got hit by a line drive or a bad hop, the last thing on my mind would be to expect the batter or the grounds keeper , to pay my kids Dr bill for the ball that she missed played or let play her.
RC racing is NO different, when you are marshalling, you are on defense and NEED to pay attention. There is no way a driver can look far enough ahead to see you standing in the middle of the track when you can only see a few feet in front of your car.
If the marshal is too young to understand when it's safe to run after a car, than his parent should be out there for him!
After re-reading that I guess it does sound a little mean... Let me rephrase... I have been whacked a couple times on accident by newbies and its not that big of a deal... Accidents do happen and sometimes injuries happen just because someone was at the wrong place at the wrong time. I can easily think of a few examples where a marshal gets hurt because the driver doesn't care about their safety.

The ones that get my blood boiling the most are when amateur/expert drivers stay on the gas when you are trying to flip them over or just try to drill through a marshal... Is it really that hard to hit the brakes or take the outside lane?

I always try to take marshals and downed cars into consideration when I am driving. I realize that its not my fault that somebody flipped and I may have the right of way but I'm still going to take the lane that allows the marshal to get to the downed car as quickly and safely as possible... Maybe I just expect too much from other drivers...

I see it like this, if you want to drive like a maniac then you deserve to pay for the consequences of driving an 8lb buggy into a human being especially if you have the skills to keep it from happening...