Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Team Associated RC8.2 Factory Team Kit is coming

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Reedy already has 1/8 motors. They have for a couple of years.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the new platform looks really good.
maifield was really on the pace this time out unlike at the DNC - pity about the guys being punted so often and by the same person! sadly he is renown for that 'style' of driving.
At one point all three proto's were destined to be in the final - what a result that would have been. I am confident this car is going to be pretty awesome real soon!

I think maifield needs to get those engines sorted because flameouts cost you races.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Somehow I missed it on the website. LOL!
Old 04-23-2014, 07:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

Any pics of Maifields 8.2EP car from the Neo Race?

I currently run Reedy Sonic 1800kv motor....are they working on a new lineup perhaps?
Old 04-23-2014, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
Any pics of Maifields 8.2EP car from the Neo Race?

I currently run Reedy Sonic 1800kv motor....are they working on a new lineup perhaps?
Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to direct all electric powered comments to the RC8.2e thread in the Electric Offroad portion of RC Tech...

Old 04-23-2014, 07:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
Reedy already has 1/8 motors. They have for a couple of years.
I heard it's water resistant...
Old 04-23-2014, 07:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

Hahaha...whats up Mr.Keel!
Old 04-23-2014, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
Hahaha...whats up Mr.Keel!
Trolling like a boss.

TK
Old 04-24-2014, 10:29 AM
CnR
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Im sure this questions has been asked before but just picked up a set of Kyosho shocks. Is there anything special needed ? Will the stock shock mounts work ?
Old 04-26-2014, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABN Hoosier
Porty, I have installed a Kyosho MP9 tank. It is beautiful. Got two off ebay for cheap. I used the rear tank post hole and drilled a front post hole. The tank has a overflow tube on the rear tank post and it is right next to the rear post hole. You can see the large hole that it drains through the chassis in the pic. Great tank, no more tuning issues! I have since routed my fuel lines differently than the pic too.

Werd. I did the D8T tank on my truggy today. Buggy will have it as well. I love how the D8 fuel/exhaust line clips are screwed into the tank. I can take better pics if someone wants.

Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC8.2 Factory Team Kit is coming-image.jpg  
Old 04-28-2014, 05:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

I ran the ebuggy last year, and did very well with. I even managed to score 2nd place at the ROAR region 5 race. This year I'm going to run the nitro car. I've learned a lot more about all the little things over the winter running 2wd indoors.
So my question is... what shock orings and bladders work well and actually last? AE orings have 12-15 grams more resistance than Id call good, too much stiction. Also, the bladders are hard and collapse and stay that way and dont last very long especially with the shock shaft nut hitting them. Kyosho works good but lasts maybe 2 weeks, Serpent webbed are too thick, Tekno are awesome and last forever but are a little too thick. Does the cap absolutely have to screw all the way down? Durango 16mm bladders fit perfect but may be too thin so time will tell on that. I saw some CSI stuff but havent seen or heard from anyone using them. I want to build my shocks so they work well and not just "good enough". I appreciate any help you guys can offer. Search function wont work from my phone.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:17 AM
Tech Addict

I have been running Kyosho Bladders for the last two years. I have not noticed any degradation but you may be more critical than I am. What I have heard is that you probably need to select the one the performs the way you like and then change them as needed to keep them fresh.

I use stock AE o-rings and feel they perform just fine as well.

I am not a Podium finisher at ROAR Regional+ events so take that for granted.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just finishing up my factory team build. I rolled the buggy across the floor to check the brake bias and I noticed a metallic, clacking sound. Checked the gear lash and it was fine, then noticed that the brakes are crashing on the center diff outdrives. It clashes enough to create some rolling resistance. Along with some pretty bad noise. Anyone else experience this? The checklist in the box indicated that this kit was produced exactly one year ago.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cptn Cartwheel
I ran the ebuggy last year, and did very well with. I even managed to score 2nd place at the ROAR region 5 race. This year I'm going to run the nitro car. I've learned a lot more about all the little things over the winter running 2wd indoors.
So my question is... what shock orings and bladders work well and actually last? AE orings have 12-15 grams more resistance than Id call good, too much stiction. Also, the bladders are hard and collapse and stay that way and dont last very long especially with the shock shaft nut hitting them. Kyosho works good but lasts maybe 2 weeks, Serpent webbed are too thick, Tekno are awesome and last forever but are a little too thick. Does the cap absolutely have to screw all the way down? Durango 16mm bladders fit perfect but may be too thin so time will tell on that. I saw some CSI stuff but havent seen or heard from anyone using them. I want to build my shocks so they work well and not just "good enough". I appreciate any help you guys can offer. Search function wont work from my phone.
Just get Kyosho shocks?
Old 04-29-2014, 06:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jordan Anderson
Just get Kyosho shocks?
At those prices? Hell no. Besides, I dont trust their quality anymore. O-rings and bladders only lasting a few race days, egg shaped pistons after a few months, and 2 sets of 2 month old shocks that had all the anodizing wear off the inside of the shock body. These are all on different shocks so one didnt cause the other. I spend too much money already, im not about start wasting it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.