Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies vs Serpent

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 11:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hot Bodies vs Serpent

i am currently torn between these 2 brands, and will be buying both a truggy and buggy. Just wanted some input on which would be the "better" vehicle for an intermediate racer without budget in mind. I know this will open a can of worms, but i'm really struggling on which of these 2 brands I want to invest in as it will be my last major purchase for a few years
Old 07-19-2011, 02:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ive raced both and while the hb is great value You cant go past the quality durability and awesome handling of the serpent imo
Old 07-19-2011, 02:26 AM
Tech Regular

I cant give you a comparison I can only tell you what I think about the Serpent. Its basicly the only car that does all 3 things you want from a car really well. Its extremely light and agile, its easy to drive and its a tank when it comes to hard hits.

Im normally a brand switcher, I switch brands all the time cause Ive never seemed to be able to find something that really fits me but ever since I got my first 811 Ive never looked back.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:47 AM
Tech Regular

both are good choices. HB is getting ready to come out with a new buggy though. I switched from losi to HB, and have been very happy. HB will be a little more friendly on the wallet, but you said you have no budget.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lilja
I cant give you a comparison I can only tell you what I think about the Serpent. Its basicly the only car that does all 3 things you want from a car really well. Its extremely light and agile, its easy to drive and its a tank when it comes to hard hits.

Im normally a brand switcher, I switch brands all the time cause Ive never seemed to be able to find something that really fits me but ever since I got my first 811 Ive never looked back.

+ 1. Couldent have said it better.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

The serpent is a very decent car but it is not budget friendly. So it will be perfect for you. I have rolled through a few brands recently and I am happy with the serpent.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

I started out with a D8 and D8T, went to an MBX6, then a DNX408, and now have the Serpent 811...

...the 811T...

...and will sell my MBX6ECO as soon as the 811Be arrives.

The D8 is a good car from beginner to intermediate. Actually, you would have to be an intermediate racer to bulletproof the car enough to get through mains with less anxiety (mugen/hobao captured hinge pins to replace the stock D8 pins will go a looooooong way in preserving those diff cases). There are also lots of option parts to get your D8 to be lighter an more competitive (lightened chassis, differentials, etc).

But that's just it: there's a whole lot you have to do to a D8 to get it where it will be competitive.

Whereas with the Serpent, pretty much out of the box the only things I would consider necessary upgrades would be the aluminum front shock tower, aluminum chassis braces, and option springs to tune your suspension.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

my D8 is box stock and very competitive. I bought a used hara off ebay, and find out I am faster with the older D8. I agree with the hinge pins need to be changed, but other stuff is just prefenence.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

If you purchase a Hot Bodies get a D8 Hara Edition. I've got about 15 races on mine (qualifiers and mains included) with no breakage. I can't speak on the Serpent but from what I've seen it's a solid platform. Any car out there will break if driven bad or improperly maintained so keep that in mind.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Originally Posted by Torian4000
If you purchase a Hot Bodies get a D8 Hara Edition. I've got about 15 races on mine (qualifiers and mains included) with no breakage. I can't speak on the Serpent but from what I've seen it's a solid platform. Any car out there will break if driven bad or improperly maintained so keep that in mind.
ive felt the same way bout the hara
Old 07-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

thank you gentlemen. I've been leaning towards the serpent more and more as of late. And your comments just made me 100% decide on serpent. It almost comes down to you get what you pay for, and i would rather spend a little more up front to get a great buggy/truggy then spend bucketload on uprgades just to make it equal
Old 07-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nitroharry
thank you gentlemen. I've been leaning towards the serpent more and more as of late. And your comments just made me 100% decide on serpent. It almost comes down to you get what you pay for, and i would rather spend a little more up front to get a great buggy/truggy then spend bucketload on uprgades just to make it equal
I think you will enjoy your choice...
Old 07-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

nitro i been thought ever car you can think of and am never happy but i am very happy with my serpent cars the truggy is hands down like cheating i promise you that.

and the buggy is super easy to drive and set up so feel like a truggy even my cars are both dialed
Old 07-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroharry
Well said.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i've been looking around too, running an old D8 with some hara upgrades. Deciding on if I should go with a serpent or wait for the CR8 to be released...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.