Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Nitro Down Fall Period Common? >

Nitro Down Fall Period Common?

Nitro Down Fall Period Common?

Old 07-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default Nitro Down Fall Period Common?

Ive been racing RC's for a few years religiously "Hard Core" practicing and buying a ton of crap wrenching every moment possible and tweaking things trying new things.

The last months Ive been really OUT not really interested in wrenching and running normal I would be out the door.

I just put together a new serpent truggy with the best equipment it just sits don't have the urge to racing or run.

The last two races I havnt been concentrating. Ive always been a A-main contender top of the list last two races Ive been in B-Main won the last didn't even wanna bump up.

My question do you guys go through these phases how do you get motivated again?

Last edited by bigjayjay1; 07-07-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Prophet

dont race every weekend thats what i do so i get more pumped up to race.

or could it be your getting tried of messing with nitro

i just race every other weekend at diffrent tracks.

Last edited by tc5 man; 07-06-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I hear ya...kinda getting there myself. This hobby is A LOT of time and money to do right...it gets exhausting to try and race every weekend. I haven't raced in weeks and not really missing it. I'll be back at it soon enough tho i'm sure.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Slow down on the club racing and run more of the big races. Where I'm at, we don't have a 1/8 track anymore so I have to pick and choose when/where I go. That's the plus side.

Down side is I don't get to practice nitro and I have to travel race. Closest track to me is 90 miles. So that keeps me wanting to go.

People get burnt out all the time, it's just part of it. It starts out as a hobby but you push yourself to get better. In order to do so that require more driving time, more maintenance, more tires, more parts. It gets expensive fast and it's a lot of work. For every race I attend, I spend 4 to 6 hours cleaning and going through each car that gets run. That can be 1, 2 or all 3 depending on what classes I feel like running.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Play golf or find another cheaper hobby when you don't feel like racing. Maybe take your race fees and bet on the ponies or something. I took 6 weeks off from racing and didn't miss it one bit then I raced and now I can't stop again.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Take a few months off. It will give you a better perspective. It's nice to take a break now and again.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Prophet

yea there is no way in hell i can take off a mouth or more from racing now in winter time i can take a mouth off from racing.

running 1/8 electric helps a lot no stress no hassle .

in my opinion running nitro can make you get burned out.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I try to limit my RC to 1/8 nitro buggy and to scaler trucks... So much relaxing
Old 07-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I don't race but I've found myself enjoying the building/working/installing parts aspect more than driving the kits lately. Need to get out with some friends to get the driving excitement back, solo drives got boring
Old 07-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
in my opinion running nitro can make you get burned out.
Only if you can't tune.

A lot of us like the challenge of a changing buggy/truggy during a long main. It makes racing a lot more realistic.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

sorry to hear that bro. I do get burned too, especially when things don't work one after another. I had times in on-road when I just wanted to sell everything But after a week or two of completely removing myself from RC, I got the urge to run again. That's why I try not to run every weekend. Maybe after the next race you should take a break? But you have to come back after your vacation
Old 07-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pickle311
For every race I attend, I spend 4 to 6 hours cleaning and going through each car that gets run. That can be 1, 2 or all 3 depending on what classes I feel like running.
after the race, I start off with the intention of just brushing off the buggy. Then I start to unscrew some parts and... the whole car is in pieces. Thus beginning the long maintenance process. I guess it's good since I do find some bad parts every time, but it starts to feel like a part time job.

So now, I limit myself to two hours a night if I have to wrench. If a race is coming up, I get the car ready days ahead so I won't be up at 3 in the morning and racing in 6 hours. Stuff like that adds to the stress you know.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I never get that feeling...But we also have a much shorter nitro season here, as it is winter 6 months of the year...In the summers I cant burn enough nitro !
Old 07-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by pickle311
Slow down on the club racing and run more of the big races. Where I'm at, we don't have a 1/8 track anymore so I have to pick and choose when/where I go. That's the plus side.
That's a bit difficult for many where BigJay and I live...it is rather expensive to travel from Hawaii to the big races. Fortunately I have been able to do it a few times now and love going...but not everyone is fortunate enough to do so.

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Ive been doing racing RC for a few years religiously "Hard Core" practicing and buying a ton of crap wrenching every moment possible and tweaking things trying new things.

The last months Ive been really OUT not really interested in wrenching and running normal I would be out the door.

I just put together a new serpent truggy with the best equipment it just sits don't have the urge to racing or run.

The last two races I have been concentrating. Ive always been a A-main contender top of the list last two races Ive been in B-Main won the last didn't even wanna bump up.

My question do you guys go through these phases how do you get motivated again?
Oh yeah I know the feeling...after having been a race director as well as a racer I've been through a few burn out periods. During those times I just toned down my racing to just a little bit. For awhile all I ran was the F1 series that I directed. I also had to go through a bit of a attitude change...I'm not as good of a driver these days as I have been in the past...so I had to shift my attitude back from trying to be super competitive to just trying to do better than my last outing...competing against myself so to speak and concentrate more on the fun than on the frustration. Sure I still get frustrated that I'm not doing as good as I think I should...but I try to not let it bother me like it used to.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Yes I do. I dont mind the wrenchin and buying, just get tired of hauling all the crap to the track and back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.