Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Just wondering if using HD center diff outdrives on rear diff will cause issue Losi8 >

Just wondering if using HD center diff outdrives on rear diff will cause issue Losi8

Just wondering if using HD center diff outdrives on rear diff will cause issue Losi8

Old 07-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Just wondering if using HD center diff outdrives on rear diff will cause issue Losi8

I have recently got a Losi 8b 2.0 and it came with some new center diff outdrives but the rear is where I need to replace them so I was wondering if I could use center diff outdrives on rear diff? They look the same except the cup has two flat sides on the center outdrive and the rear don't. I know it's not the normal thing to do but I can't get new rear outdrives until next week so would it hurt to use the new center outdrives on rear diff Losi 8b 2.0 it does have new bearings and alum. inserts? Also any tricks to getting clutch off shaft when stuck tight? Thanks and I know I will catch some flack for asking this question but curious!
Old 07-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

as long as the dimensions are the same yes
Old 07-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The center outdrives also don't have the bevel on the inside edge, which can cause binding issues with the driveshaft(when at an angle) if you run them on the front/rear. I wouldn't recommend it. But if you're in a pinch and need to use them you may be able to get away with it.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Yeah I decided to use some slighlty used rear instead of new center outdrives.

I noticed that the grease groove was in a different spot and they were heavier because I have light. outdrives for F/R so I installed used rear outdrives. Also I have shimmed diff to where it don't have any play between pinion and ring gear but seems a little notchy in one spot. I am using new bearings and new alum. inserts so I left it a little tight and hoping it will smooth out after a couple tanks. It spins easy just feels a little notchy in certain spot does it sound like I have shimmed correctly? Thanks Again for info/help!