Wiki Posts
Search

OS Vspec .21 Motor Vs Everything else for Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default OS Vspec .21 Motor Vs Everything else for Truggy

What is better then the Vspec for a choice for a Truggy Motor.

Thanks for the info...

Last edited by Manshoon; 07-15-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:18 AM
dsl
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For around that price range, I would look at the Novarossi P5. It has smooth powerful torque. Talk to Monty from Houstonsengineservice.com and he mods them to give great all around power. If you can spend a little more, than I would try a Fusion X7.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Werks B5........spend a little more and then a Clocked B5
Old 07-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ive been running a V-Spec/2050 combo in my truggy for 2 years. Sometimes I wish I had just a little more motor but usually its spot on (just enough to clear everything but not so much its hard to handle). I recently purchased the newer version and that should give me the little extra Im looking for. My next engine might be a Ninja or Speed but only if I am not 100% satisfied with the new V-Spec which I feel like I will be from seeing others with them at the track. If you havent noticed yet I am a big fan of OS engines. Ive been running them for years and years and have no plans to switch. I just love the powerband and tunablity. My buddy has tried a bunch of other brands and none have been as good IMO.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I ran a Novarossi P5 in my Truggy for two years and it was awesome! I helped a newbie break in a stock Werks B5 on his Losi 8T 2.0 and once it came alive it hauled as well. I've raced against a few Clocked B5's that Neal touched and they are screaming fast! I also ran a Vspec with good results in truggy for one summer as well but it lost compression fast.

I now run a PR21BS by Precirotate and it out performs my P5 and Vspec in several areas. There are quite a few engines that will do well in a truggy. Just do your research and make an educated purchase.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Torian4000
I ran a Novarossi P5 in my Truggy for two years and it was awesome! I helped a newbie break in a stock Werks B5 on his Losi 8T 2.0 and once it came alive it hauled as well. I've raced against a few Clocked B5's that Neal touched and they are screaming fast! I also ran a Vspec with good results in truggy for one summer as well but it lost compression fast.

I now run a PR21BS by Precirotate and it out performs my P5 and Vspec in several areas. There are quite a few engines that will do well in a truggy. Just do your research and make an educated purchase.
Just goes to show that it is the user that matter more then the engine in many cases...plenty of great engines on the market...
Old 07-15-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

The Arrow GTR .21 is supposed to be based on a VSPEC, but better(not the conrod problems..)

The Argus A52 is supposedly big power for a good price..(I recently got one but haven't run it yet..)

The Werks B5 is supposedly good quality and power for the money.

The Alpha .23 would be great in a truggy(prob my first choice if I were gonna be racing truggy anytime soon.. That or an Argus or a Werks..) As would an OS .25.

There are probably 30+ very excellent choices.

Also, I was impressed by this video of the VSPEC's replacement - the XZ-B:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf5LiUFjNzI

That engine has some balls..(I lllloooove the way it pulls down the back straight..) I always hear mixed things about OS bearings, conrods, etc.. So I'd probably get something else. Would run a Speed though if it cost half as much...
Old 07-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Whats a Brand new OS .21 Vspec worth with a New Jammin J2 Pipe combo.

New unused set ?
Old 07-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Im on my second Clocked B5, and I love it. IMO, the best engine I've owned and I've owned a few. The power is untouchable for a .21, and the mileage( runtime ) is better than anything I've witnessed.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Manshoon
Whats a Brand new OS .21 Vspec worth with a New Jammin J2 Pipe combo.

New unused set ?
OS engines have been very good to me for several years now. The quality of their carb is surpassed by none. I would say somewhere in the 250-300 range for pipe and motor if it has seen no fuel. The vz line of engines does need a front bearing around the 2gal mark and I would defiantly put a speed rod in it due to the oil hole for the crank pin. That oil hole is missing on the blue head vz rod and causes unnecessary crankpin wear. Shop around for a OS XZ engine and the new bearings and rod are in there. As for other engines the P5 will give you excellent bottom and mid. If you are looking for a little more talk to mark at powerhouse. The powerhouse P5 that my buddy has been runnig for the past year is very impressive even compared to a much more expensive speed engine. The nova +4 is also a great mill but it will cost a little more. Nova engines also have decent carbs. IMO these other engines, not mentioned, run well bing their carbs do not hold up. Most will swap an os carb or nova carb to correct the problem.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Well if anyone one is interested in a never ran, new Vspec,JamminJ2Pipe and complete body to mounts,servos receivers ect for Nitro set up for RC8T Ce edition. I got one to off.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...slash-4x4.html
Old 07-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Nova P5 XLT done by Mark at Powerhouse. Best motor i have tried yet for truggy, and I have tried a bunch.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Check out the New Italian .23 from Ascendnacy Racing! This is one awesome engine and the quality is top notch. Getting 10+ every tank and morethan enough power with out paying for a mod job!
Old 07-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by janderson78
Check out the New Italian .23 from Ascendnacy Racing! This is one awesome engine and the quality is top notch. Getting 10+ every tank and morethan enough power with out paying for a mod job!

Like a tummy tuck right
Old 07-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Argus A52 One of the best truggy engine we have used Over 10 minutes easy per tank, loads of bottom end all the way to the top! But really you are just going to have to try an engine and decide for yourself. Everyone will tell you something different.

Lance
RcRenew