Wiki Posts
Search

The way Short Course should be !

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 07:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
And you have to wonder why these people don't like you?? It's nothing to do with engines - it's the obnoxious, incessant trash-talking.
So I cannot even defend myself now ? is it just a coincidence that the guys who always criticize my work are always tied with another modding company ? Anyways let the haters hate , it makes no difference to me whatsoever....All it shows is the faster and more impressive my gear runs, the more the haters are going to hate .....
Old 07-16-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
its a nitro 1/10th short course with a big block .21 ! just how short course should be........why run a BL when you can go faster with a nitro !
A b/l setup will be faster around any off road track then that thing every time. Short course should be an uncontrolable basher?
Old 07-16-2011, 07:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Davidka
A b/l setup will be faster around any off road track then that thing every time. Short course should be an uncontrolable basher?
Short course suck on the track regardless, at least this truck is actually fun and exciting to drive ! If i want to go fast on the track I have plenty of Buggies and Truggies to run...... this truck is built for fun...something a few here seem to know very little about ! And for its intended purpose this rig kicks BL ass all over the place ! 60 MPH top speed and enough torque to pull a wheelie ! Nitro rules !
Old 07-16-2011, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

typical of these forums.......if you can't beat em, hate on em ! every single time I show something good and fast the fanboys of other modders always drop in to try stir things up...........I guess thy are just jealous their engines don't run as hard !
Uh Neal I think he was actually giving you a compliment.. The "make your face ache from smiling", fun factor alone is what makes this project a big success!

And he was refering to a FULL Scale 1:1 hotrodders, not other modders...

BTW very cool project, and I can't believe that Hyper SC10 is still in 1 piece.. My Jammin SCRT10 didn't last with a whimpy SCT system from castle.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ScottyM
Uh Neal I think he was actually giving you a compliment.. The "make your face ache from smiling", fun factor alone is what makes this project a big success!

And he was refering to a FULL Scale 1:1 hotrodders, not other modders...

BTW very cool project, and I can't believe that Hyper SC10 is still in 1 piece.. My Jammin SCRT10 didn't last with a whimpy SCT system from castle.
LOL...I was agreeing with him and adding my own commentary to go with what he was saying !!!!

We are amazed the truck is holding up as well !! I am now going to drop my OS 25 into this rig, gear it up a little and actually spend some time setting it up...right now it is basically a off the shelf RTR with a big engine...Still has grease in the diffs and likely zero shock oil......But that doesn't matter to me, as it sits right now this Nitro powered rig is faster then every single BL rig at our track...How often can us Nitro guys say that ?
Old 07-16-2011, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Short course suck on the track regardless, at least this truck is actually fun and exciting to drive ! If i want to go fast on the track I have plenty of Buggies and Truggies to run...... this truck is built for fun...something a few here seem to know very little about ! And for its intended purpose this rig kicks BL ass all over the place ! 60 MPH top speed and enough torque to pull a wheelie ! Nitro rules !
Neil, don't even bother with the haters! I have been on message forums online since the early 90's! If there is one thing that I have learned its to not waste any time trying to convince the ignorant of the obvious!
Old 07-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by abqNitro
Neil, don't even bother with the haters! I have been on message forums online since the early 90's! If there is one thing that I have learned its to not waste any time trying to convince the ignorant of the obvious!
I am used to it buddy.. !!! it is no bother to me whatsoever ! some people just don't understand the thrill of stuffing a huge engine into a small machine then letting her loose ! to me its all about having fun, and well this nitro powered short course is a whole pile more fun then any of the BL rigs I have driven ! heck we(Clockwork) even have a race prep BL SC truck, and IMO its seriously lame ! sure its easy to drive and manageable, but its about as fun as watching a potato rot, and compared to our Serpent Buggy and Truggy is horrid on the track.... If i was after cutting fast lap times ( as some here are so concerned with obviously ) I wouldn't be running a short course to begin with, as their laptimes suck compared to the Buggies and Truggies.......This nitro short course may not cut fast laps but its a whole pile of fun to drive and watch run ! some people need to loosen their collars !
Old 07-19-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

I have a Jammin SCRT10 with a 4.5t Ballistic 550 motor that screams on the big tracks. I want to convert it to Nitro and was already considering a 0.21 engine. What would you recommend? Is there any issues mounting the engine? It looks like the SCRT10 uses the same parts as the Jammin X1 chassis so I am guessing that the 0.21 is not too much power just need to control the throttle....just like my 4.5t BL.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The link doesnt work for me...
Old 07-20-2011, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Cool vid Neal.

Fellas, I race truggy with a stock 21 engine. If there was a vid of my driving it would probably look much like the one in this thread. Going fast is very addictive, so addictive that it's hard to let off the throttle for corners, jumps, and most any other obstacle. If I place well at a race, it's because someone was behind me, telling me when to let off!!

When it comes to just goofing off or bashing, I fully subscribe to the "Let the Big Dogs Eat" mentality. The OP's vid is doing exactly that. Just imagine the speed and airtime if the track had moisture in it!

Moto
Old 07-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Although I agree that a brushless setup is fast under many circumstances, I can't say that right now it's faster off-road than nitro, at least not at out track. Maybe as technology improves, they may eventually overtake nitro powered vehicles off road, but not right now.

I agree that nitro suits short course much better than electric, because it's more realistic, and isn't that the main appeal of short course, the realism?? That is why I have an SC8 Besides, electric vehicles sound undeniably gay IMO. They're still fun, but sound gay.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo
Although I agree that a brushless setup is fast under many circumstances, I can't say that right now it's faster off-road than nitro, at least not at out track. Maybe as technology improves, they may eventually overtake nitro powered vehicles off road, but not right now.

I agree that nitro suits short course much better than electric, because it's more realistic, and isn't that the main appeal of short course, the realism?? That is why I have an SC8 Besides, electric vehicles sound undeniably gay IMO. They're still fun, but sound gay.
Well I got sick of all the Brushless guys beating their chests over how much better performing the BL is over nitro...Over here at Clockwork we have a different opinion on that one, this particular nitro blows the cornhole off the BL counterparts in performance capabilities, and thats all it needs to do to make me happy......
Old 07-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

IMO, I think electric sc trucks are good for and should only be
allowed to run for two purposes. One being for a year round ten
years old or younger class for the kiddies and for a winter indoors class
for everyone. Honestly guys, the only reason the electric sc trucks
were brought into the rc market was to have a way to get a new
batch of kiddies involved in rc.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo

I don't know about ALL off road. The track in the video is a very fast track. It looks very different from the track I run on. Our track only has one straight that is close to flat. I say close because even it has a very low profile "tabletop" on it that will get the tires off the ground at full throttle. Every other "straight" section has jumps in it. Hell, there is a turn with three jumps IN the turn followed by a PIT you drive down into on the short chute between that section and the next turn.

On that track, a high powered nitro car would never get to stretch it's legs. I'd love to run on the track in the video...it's almost like running on-road it's so flat.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I was just amazed to see the Hyper soar thru the air and attack that jump, snag the wall land upside down and roll away. A 10th scale truck with big horses under the hood and some say this truck breaks easy. Damn it looks uncontrolable, but blisters like crazy I like that. That combo was made for pure ooohhs and awhssss. Cool vid now I have to post it on our OFNAfan.com video links, Nice Maximo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.