R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-13-2011, 03:49 AM   #16
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I'll tell you what I have learned after 13 years running nitro:
There are issues, problems, or annoyances with every vehicle ever made by every company.... Find one you can deal with and makes you happy and fast and just enjoy yourself and your racing buddies.

+2 It would be nice if everyone would sit back and take a minute to realise that very simple fact, and take that very simple action, instead of all the 'brand bashing' that occurs. Take your pick based on your preferences, do your research, and just go out and HAVE FUN.
McWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:07 AM   #17
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,644
Default

This is a funny thread.
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Horizon - TLR 8ight 4.0 - TLR 8ight-T 4.0 - TLR 22 4.0 - Orion
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #18
Tech Master
 
offr0aden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: An Offroad track near you!!
Posts: 1,097
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I think everyone would agree that every brand has had some weak point or another. And, because of this it open a market for part replacement. This is not limited to only the manufacture of your choice of RC. As a result of parts weak and or strong, it opens the door for us (Humans) to have choice...

Some elect to buy aftermarket and some elect to by stock (Replacement parts)

That's one of the greatest things about this hobby!!! "Choice"

I personally enjoy the building and modding aspect with a stock vehicle. Am I sold that a 50 dollar diff housing is going to make me faster... no .. but for some a 50 dollar diff housing gives them that piece of mind - and with that alone helps "Them" be faster.. Its really just ones opinion verse an others.

Bottom line - if you enjoy your aspect of the hobby it doesn't matter if you run duct tape and tooth picks for your suspension... As long as your are enjoying it!!!

__________________
- Team -
"High Speed and Clean"
offr0aden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:47 PM   #19
Tech Adept
 
Mark_Australia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 142
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I agree that every single buggy has a weak point.

The O.P identifies the MBX6 as perfect - I would say it is not due to chassis flex issues.

I'd rather have stronger than lighter until I get really good.
Mark_Australia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:22 AM   #20
Tech Regular
 
Lilja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Australia View Post
I agree that every single buggy has a weak point.

The O.P identifies the MBX6 as perfect - I would say it is not due to chassis flex issues.

I'd rather have stronger than lighter until I get really good.
True, even with aluminium braces Ive seen a few Mugens with warped chassis.
__________________
Serpent S811 Novarossi Plus-4 BTT Futaba BLS451/452
Serpent S811T OS 25XZ Futaba BLS351/352
Serpent 966 Futaba 9451x2
TLR 22 Toro 9.0kv Futaba BLS451
Futaba 4PK
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:45 AM   #21
Tech Regular
 
Trugsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: sunshine coast australia
Posts: 468
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Trugsta
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by offr0aden View Post
I think everyone would agree that every brand has had some weak point or another. And, because of this it open a market for part replacement. This is not limited to only the manufacture of your choice of RC. As a result of parts weak and or strong, it opens the door for us (Humans) to have choice...

Some elect to buy aftermarket and some elect to by stock (Replacement parts)

That's one of the greatest things about this hobby!!! "Choice"

I personally enjoy the building and modding aspect with a stock vehicle. Am I sold that a 50 dollar diff housing is going to make me faster... no .. but for some a 50 dollar diff housing gives them that piece of mind - and with that alone helps "Them" be faster.. Its really just ones opinion verse an others.

Bottom line - if you enjoy your aspect of the hobby it doesn't matter if you run duct tape and tooth picks for your suspension... As long as your are enjoying it!!!

Words of wisdom right there^^^^^.
although ive never seen toothpicks make it to an A-main that aint the point its all about FUN ..
but if you race you can Be competitive and still have the most fun with your pants on,,..
__________________
Proud Member of S.C.O.R.C.
Losi 8T2- Novarossi P5/Novarossi and GRP pipes.
spektrum DX3S. SAVOX servos. "Race till it MHZ"
A huge thanks to.
www.motorsaver.com (the absolute best filters and savers on the plannet).
Trugsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #22
Tech Master
 
offr0aden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: An Offroad track near you!!
Posts: 1,097
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trugsta View Post
Words of wisdom right there^^^^^.
although ive never seen toothpicks make it to an A-main that aint the point its all about FUN ..
but if you race you can Be competitive and still have the most fun with your pants on,,..
Or OFF!!!
__________________
- Team -
"High Speed and Clean"
offr0aden is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sorry but i have to get this off my chest.... Flying Monkey Georgia Racing 120 05-30-2008 12:02 AM
I have a theory genesisG4 Nitro On-Road 54 04-23-2008 10:27 AM
Bad news guys I have to get out LOSIMANJRXS Kansas/Missouri Racing 36 06-19-2006 06:36 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:51 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net