R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default chassis question

recently a friend gave me a sportwerks tumoil pro to race for the rest of the season or untill i decide which kit i want to buy. the turmoil is based on the fcg chassis (foward center of gravity). after we swapped in my egine, radio, and servos i hit the track. after two tanks i was already faster than with gallons on my ofna rtr. after a couple weeks im averaging 8 sec/lap faster with this buggy.
So are there any current/new kits that use this fcg chassis design?
Or can you get the feel of this weight placement by getting a extendend length chassis?
Mark
markkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markkris View Post
recently a friend gave me a sportwerks tumoil pro to race for the rest of the season or untill i decide which kit i want to buy. the turmoil is based on the fcg chassis (foward center of gravity). after we swapped in my egine, radio, and servos i hit the track. after two tanks i was already faster than with gallons on my ofna rtr. after a couple weeks im averaging 8 sec/lap faster with this buggy.
So are there any current/new kits that use this fcg chassis design?
Or can you get the feel of this weight placement by getting a extendend length chassis?
Mark
I would say most of the current chassis are currently designed using this theory. hence the reason in the last 5-10 years you start to see alot of space developing between the Engines and the rear gear box on most buggies. There is definitely a fine line the designers are playing with because you want to give a buggy design with a lot of steering hence placing more weight farther forward, but at the same time you want it's jumping characteristics to be nice and level in flight.

I would personally stick with what you have until you either can constantly push the chassis past it's limits, can't get parts any more, or just get bored. But to state what everyone else will say too, is that the Turmoil is an old design, hard to get parts, and you should get buggy XYZ.

Good luck

"A bad race day is still better than a Good work day!"
Goomba_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
Tech Adept

while mr friend has a largr parts stock it is still his and i really dont want to use it for too long. i didnt know that most of the current designs had moved the weight foward. i guess that if everbody has it it doesnt need a name. thanx for the reply....Mark
markkris is offline   Reply With Quote