Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My new T-Bone Racing skids!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 05:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Those are absolutely ridiculous! Please tell me you are taking those off and installing a proper set of skids/bumper!

If you need bumpers that big you should probably not be on the track
Old 07-09-2011, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hookem34
Those are absolutely ridiculous! Please tell me you are taking those off and installing a proper set of skids/bumper!

You just hurt my Truggy's feelings with that one man! That was a low blow....
Old 07-09-2011, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

You know now that I think about it, I can't believe those comments came from someone from Texas! I thought everything in Texas was bigger The "T" in T-Bone Racing Bumpers may actually be short for TexasRacing Bumpers!
Old 07-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by abqNitro
You know now that I think about it, I can't believe those comments came from someone from Texas! I thought everything in Texas was bigger The "T" in T-Bone Racing Bumpers may actually be short for TexasRacing Bumpers!
abqNitro = 1
hookem34 = 0
Old 07-09-2011, 12:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Lol! All in good fun

Those bumpers should help clear a path on the track. Best position on the track is right behind you
Old 07-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Lol! All in good fun

Those bumpers should help clear a path on the track. Best position on the track is right behind you
With an Clocked O.S. 25xz thats usually were they all end up anyways At least according to me lol!
Old 07-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

Here are a couple of pics of these new skids after one HARD race day! I really put them to the test too as I slammed into the back side of a big double a couple of times..These held up absolutely awesome, no cracking, no breaking, basically performing and doing exactly what they were designed to do! Here is a couple of pics from todays battle on the track!

Now here are a couple of pics of my DE Racing skids after exactly 1 HARD race day too!

I sure am glad I found a set of skids thats capable of holding up!
Old 07-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Here a little video footage from today's races showing how hard I was on these skids today It starts off with a couple of practice laps then goes directly to the A-Main immediately after... Im the one starting off in 1st I flammed out, got back up, rear diff took a dump so I only had front wheel drive for the last two laps of the race but still ended up finishing 4th!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

You are comparing apples to oranges. Those T-Bone skids are HUGE and more closely resemble something for plowing snow....not racing. They are about 4 times the size and weight so......they should last longer. I guess you have proved your point.....great job!!! I will stick with DE since they actually look like a Skid Plate.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

Here a little video footage from today's races showing how hard I was on these skids today It starts off with a couple of practice laps then goes directly to the A-Main immediately after... Im the one starting off in 1st I flammed out, got back up, rear diff took a dump so I only had front wheel drive for the last two laps of the race but still ended up finishing 4th!
Those skids seem to hold up great. I had to go aluminum to get them to hold up.
So if you think your track is hard on the equipment, take a look at the track I run at... not the smoothest surface you have seen huh?

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

At 0:30 you can see what the whole track is made of....

Originally Posted by revrace
You are comparing apples to oranges. Those T-Bone skids are HUGE and more closely resemble something for plowing snow....not racing. They are about 4 times the size and weight so......they should last longer. I guess you have proved your point.....great job!!! I will stick with DE since they actually look like a Skid Plate.
Oh trying to be the funny guy, hahaha!
The skids are big YES, but what does that have to do with anything? The part of the skid that is in front (or rear) of the car has nothing to do with the ability to withstand wear on the part that sits flat to the chassis.
You could easily cut the excess part of the skid and it would still hold up to the wear.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by revrace
Come on man, Don't Hate BTW, for something that you say resembles something for plowing, I placed pretty decent today with them on... 3rd, 1st, 4th......
Old 07-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Noticed the front left diff case screw is missing.... I have $4 on that hole is now stripped out.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rider313
Noticed the front left diff case screw is missing.... I have $4 on that hole is now stripped out.
You are absolutely correct! Its been stripped out since I pulled the DE stuff off and put the new ones on.....Time for a new front diff case!
Old 07-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Wow you guys are harsh... if you like the bumper and it works for you then enjoy it and who cares what these ppl think.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
That's the main? You guys run buggy and truggy combined there? Interesting....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.