Wiki Posts
Search

check this out

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

Default check this out

http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=4072

I have one and it works great. I glued up 24 tires and they all look factory glued, and I did it in half the time.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

sounds good specially for someone who really sucks at gluing tires, my last attempt ended when i splashed CA into my eye

how does it work??
Old 12-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Addict

There is a top plate and a bottom plate. You sandwich the tire between them and then fold out the cams and it pulls the tire away from the rim just enough to get the glue in there.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

It works by pulling the full 360 degrees of tire bead back at once. Allowing you to glue the entire bead at once. There are many adjustments on it to fit any combination of tire and wheel manufacturers(because they are all slightly different). It works really well. I watched my brother glue up 24 tires in under an hour(prep to finish). As a note, this model only works on 1/8 buggy tires. Model for other tires are soon to be released.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

thanks for the info,

just a question, do you guys dremel the tire/wheel before gluing??

also when using this gluing device, you still have to use rubber bands or not??

cheers

Ali
Old 12-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
thanks for the info,

just a question, do you guys dremel the tire/wheel before gluing??

also when using this gluing device, you still have to use rubber bands or not??

cheers

Ali
Yes I still dremel the tire and rim. I still use the bands but I put them on after I glue the tire and pull it from the fixture. What I do is apply the glue to the tire and then slowly release the cams. Be careful no to get glue on the top plate when you slide it out. Then I pop the tire (glue side down) on a paper towel just to get the excess glue off. Then I put the tire band on and let that side dry before I glue the other side.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default Love mine

I am really happy with mine not only is it much easier to glue tires it also makes a better bond. I don't have to keep regluing tires after every race.
I still use the rubber bands to press the tire to the rim while the glue dries, but no more pulling the tire back and gluing an inch at a time not to mention gluing my finger to the tire.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

great info, thanks alot guys
Old 12-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
sounds good specially for someone who really sucks at gluing tires, my last attempt ended when i splashed CA into my eye

how does it work??

Haaaahaha. The vapors alone make my eyes water a lot. How did your eye turn out?
Old 12-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

This RWD unit has been around for a couple of years. I know a few shops including "The Speed Shop" use it.

http://www.russwernimont.com/RC-Racing-Parts_c_9.html
Old 12-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Default Help me please on this one..

guys please give me some help here..i always have problems when i glue my tires..they always come off from the first minute and i use high performance glues such as AKA and all my tyres and wheels are AKA and proline.

someone told me about the dremel think but i am not sure how to do it..

can someone give me the steps so that i wont have my tire getting unglued..

btw are these two systems available in europe? or can they get shipped in to europe?

help will be appreciated.

Thanks!!
Old 12-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jammin32j
http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=4072

I have one and it works great. I glued up 24 tires and they all look factory glued, and I did it in half the time.
Ive had one of these for awhile now and it works great!
Old 12-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by didrace
guys please give me some help here..i always have problems when i glue my tires..they always come off from the first minute and i use high performance glues such as AKA and all my tyres and wheels are AKA and proline.

btw are these two systems available in europe? or can they get shipped in to europe?

Thanks!!
Im sure you can get one shipped to you if not let me know and I will get you one and ship it at your expense..(I race with them alot)

I dont dremel my rim I use Alcohol to clean it(Tire&Rim) and cut any odd rubber off the tire.

I also use Loctite Professional Super Glue-- I get it from my Hardware store in town(WORKS GREAT)
http://www.amazon.com/Loctite-Produc.../dp/B004E2QBWG
Old 12-30-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BoysMakingNosie
Im sure you can get one shipped to you if not let me know and I will get you one and ship it at your expense..(I race with them alot)

I dont dremel my rim I use Alcohol to clean it(Tire&Rim) and cut any odd rubber off the tire.

I also use Loctite Professional Super Glue-- I get it from my Hardware store in town(WORKS GREAT)
http://www.amazon.com/Loctite-Produc.../dp/B004E2QBWG
i don't dremmel either but i do use some really really fine sand paper on the rim as i find a slightly dull edge adheres to the glue/tire better.

then it clean thoroughly and glue.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by didrace

Thanks!!
Fresh glue: We spend enough on tires, is it really worth it to ruin a brand new set (or 2 or 3) using old glue? Just spend the extra few bucks and get a new bottle.

Also, make sure your hands are clean before gluing. grease from that burger and fries will probably weaken a glue bond.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.