Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Down Fall Period Common?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
That's a bit difficult for many where BigJay and I live...it is rather expensive to travel from Hawaii to the big races. Fortunately I have been able to do it a few times now and love going...but not everyone is fortunate enough to do so.

Well in that case, screw RC. I'd give up racing and everything else I own to live in Hawaii. I've been there once and think about going back daily, I fell in love with those islands and the culture.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the RC hobby in general is my "prozac"....even if i'm not racing for over half the year i love going and helping out where ever and when ever i can...i know it used to puzzle my ex-wife why, if i wasn't able to make a race, i'd just lock myself in the garage with my RC stuff and tinker from the time i woke up till the time i fell asleep.....it really only happend maybe 2 times out of the racing year tho....we had a 3 track series with 2 colorado tracks and 1 kansas track and it never failed that i could never make it out to RATT raceway in dever for the series... LOL!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ive been feeling less and less like racing this year also. Usually a few weeks off or some new equipment is all I need to get going again.

Im sure you have some friends you only see at the races. Go to hang out with them and make racing secondary. I bet that once you get racing again you get that feeling again. Also it might be advisable to run just one class or whatever you can think of to ease the load. Just try and go out and have fun.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
Ive been feeling less and less like racing this year also. Usually a few weeks off or some new equipment is all I need to get going again.

Im sure you have some friends you only see at the races. Go to hang out with them and make racing secondary. I bet that once you get racing again you get that feeling again. Also it might be advisable to run just one class or whatever you can think of to ease the load. Just try and go out and have fun.

+1 thats why i only run one class but man when a track has a large turnout it sucks to have to wait and not run a other class.

hey come check out the mushroom bowl offroad track on saturday its real nice man good for 1/8 truggy and 1/8 buggy.

its in kennett square pa.

i got some hut guys coming with me .
Old 07-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

After 17 years in this hobby, mainly on-road, and only this being my first full year of off road nitro buggy. I was always the joker/talker on the driver stand, it was relaxing and kind of fun. Now that I run buggy, it is head down, very little talking while racing. Once my heat race or main is done, I am back to nice guy and cracking jokes with fellow racers. I too have had my moments of wanting to hang up the controller for good, but I keep coming back due the social aspect of the hobby.

What helped out a lot was buying an already set up buggy that runs great. Even when I have a bad day at the track, I know the buggy is good and I am getting better and better every race day. Yeah, it is a disappointment to not have a great finish when you know you are a contender, but that is part of the fun, there is always next week.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 071crazy
Only if you can't tune.

A lot of us like the challenge of a changing buggy/truggy during a long main. It makes racing a lot more realistic.

well your looking at a person who is not to good at tuning
i just got tried of the hassle with it really .

and needed to improve my driving without worry about that.

give 1/8 electric a try you will see
Old 07-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickle311
Well in that case, screw RC. I'd give up racing and everything else I own to live in Hawaii. I've been there once and think about going back daily, I fell in love with those islands and the culture.
Lol...I quickly grew tired of that place. At the end of the day, as beautiful as it is, it is just a big rock in the middle of the ocean that you are stuck on. I would much rather be in Key West to dive and flat-boat fly fish all day.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I agree with whoever it was above say go hang out with the friends at the track and racing the secondary. As much racing and Race directing ive been doing lately, I keep wondering myself when im going to get burned out but having friends that make evrything fun is important. This hobby is all about having fun
Old 07-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I myself love racing but it just can get to expensive these days. Tires are way to expensive and they burn up fairly quickly. But my biggest complaint is the closest track to me is like 65 miles away. But I dont race there much but all of the other tracks we race at are atleast two and half hours one way, some are 4 hours. So the traveling part of it is my biggest issue. Just sucks waking up at 4am to go racing and no getting home till almost midnight. Thats why I only race on saturdays for the most part now
Old 07-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

I thanks for all the input we race all year its Hawaii the cost factor isnt really a issue for me just lost the racing feeling. Maybe its becuase Im running two classes "Nitro" maybe Im tried of tuning and cleaning. After each race I break down pretty much everything for inspection and proper cleaning got it down pretty quickly thou.

I dont know maybe I should just run one class and take a break.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im really new to racing but bashed for years.. I met my friend Jason one time when I went out to check out our local track and he's the one that got me into racing.. Im not burnt out yet but its only because I just started..However, my buddy Jason has been racing for years and told me that before I came along he was about to hang it up. But that being around my enthusiasm totally made him get back into racing again bigtime!

Moral of the story, maybe find a partner/friend that is totally stoked to practice and race!
Old 07-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Try on road. Are they still running at Sandy's and the Airport? They just opened a electric on road track in Kunia by Wall Mart before I left.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
I thanks for all the input we race all year its Hawaii the cost factor isnt really a issue for me just lost the racing feeling. Maybe its becuase Im running two classes "Nitro" maybe Im tried of tuning and cleaning. After each race I break down pretty much everything for inspection and proper cleaning got it down pretty quickly thou.

I dont know maybe I should just run one class and take a break.
Try converting one of your 1/8's to electric? I know it gave me a real shot in the arm, I really am enjoying learning the electric and love the less hassle it is! Just a thought .
Old 07-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Alderman
Try converting one of your 1/8's to electric? I know it gave me a real shot in the arm, I really am enjoying learning the electric and love the less hassle it is! Just a thought .
bite your tongue! lol.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Burnout happens. Just take some time to relax, go fishing, organize your sock drawer or something. Step away from the hard core racing and wrenching and let yourself relax. Soon enough you'll get the urge again and be back to it.

The secret is to pace yourself. Instead of racing every weekend try only going once or twice a month. Don't race the same car every time, or the same class. Deliberately schedule other non-RC events to occur when you'd otherwise be racing. There are lots of ways you can help avoid burnout.

BTDT on too many hobbies to name. I guess I can be a bit...obsessive at times.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.