R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
Tech Regular
 
addicted427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 369
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default 8ight 2.0T. Cvd's too short

This has probably been discussed in the previous 842 pages but I don't really have the time to read through it. Lol

I just bought this used truggy and I'm having problems with my rear cvd's poping out of the diff cup. Like if they are too short.

It has new arms and metal rear Losi hubs.

Any solutions?
addicted427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic
 
l3asher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Broussard, Louisiana
Posts: 956
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted427 View Post
This has probably been discussed in the previous 842 pages but I don't really have the time to read through it. Lol

I just bought this used truggy and I'm having problems with my rear cvd's poping out of the diff cup. Like if they are too short.

It has new arms and metal rear Losi hubs.

Any solutions?
Have you checked for a bent hinge pin? There has been a running change to the dog bones to make them 2mm linger.
l3asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #3
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 212
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3asher View Post
Have you checked for a bent hinge pin? There has been a running change to the dog bones to make them 2mm linger.
Shannon,

What exactly is "linger"???? LOL


Walid
walidelagamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic
 
l3asher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Broussard, Louisiana
Posts: 956
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

You get the idea.
l3asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #5
Tech Regular
 
addicted427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 369
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

New hinge pins and braces.

What do you mean running change?
addicted427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:43 PM   #6
Moderator
 
Muggydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,808
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Was this on the buggy too?

I have never had my truggy's rear cvd pop out, but it's happened a few times on big jumps on my buggy.

A running change means they didn't stop production of the vehicle, they just started adding the longer driveshaft to the cars.
Muggydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:58 AM   #7
Tech Fanatic
 
l3asher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Broussard, Louisiana
Posts: 956
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
Was this on the buggy too?

I have never had my truggy's rear cvd pop out, but it's happened a few times on big jumps on my buggy.

A running change means they didn't stop production of the vehicle, they just started adding the longer driveshaft to the cars.
I'm not sure about the buggy since all I run is truggy. I'm talking dog bones, goes from the tire to the diff. CVDs go from the center diff.
l3asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:36 AM   #8
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brandon, MS
Posts: 543
Default

Check to make sure the correct size pin was used to join the parts at the hub end. If one of the smaller diameter pins is used by mistake and the adjustments are just right it will allow the diff end to ride right at the end of the outdrive leading to it popping out.
__________________
__________________________________________
Did you bother to read the fine manual yet? (RTFM)
bentgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:36 AM   #9
Tech Adept
 
Buster661's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Valencia, CA
Posts: 187
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Check the axe length. There was a run of axles that were put in the wrong packages and are about 2 mm shorter. I had this same issue when I went to the 10' Inclined spindles and hubs. Took them back to the LHS and found some were shorter in the same packages.
__________________
Mike Heiman
Mugen MBX7R - MBX7T - MBX7R ECO
Mugen Seiki US | Ninja JX | Flashpoint Fuel | Proline | Hot Rod Hobbies | Upgrade RC | Wraptor Graphics
Buster661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:03 PM   #10
Tech Regular
 
addicted427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 369
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster661 View Post
Check the axe length. There was a run of axles that were put in the wrong packages and are about 2 mm shorter. I had this same issue when I went to the 10' Inclined spindles and hubs. Took them back to the LHS and found some were shorter in the same packages.

very helpfull.. you were right.

the ones on my truggy are 148 mm. the one at my LHS are 150mm
addicted427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:13 PM   #11
Tech Fanatic
 
l3asher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Broussard, Louisiana
Posts: 956
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted427 View Post
very helpfull.. you were right.

the ones on my truggy are 148 mm. the one at my LHS are 150mm
Gee .
l3asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:29 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net