Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Just got into 1/8 scale nitro with Losi 2.0 8B noob questions! >

Just got into 1/8 scale nitro with Losi 2.0 8B noob questions!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just got into 1/8 scale nitro with Losi 2.0 8B noob questions!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Just got into 1/8 scale nitro with Losi 2.0 8B noob questions!

I was wondering about the lower mount shock screws (Losi 2.0 8B)with the small non threaded/ skinny area what is the purpose in these screws? I noticed when I rebuilt shocks on slightly used buggy I bought that the screws were normal not the ones with skinny area on threads will this cause me issues I have ordered some but first race with new buggy tomorrow so I have to run normal screws? It came with a Mugen Ninja .21 on it with about 5 gallons thru it that runs fine now how long should I expect it to last? I am getting Werks Pro5 soon but I want to get the most out of it(Ninja)is there any tips to keep old motor running? Thanks Again!
Old 07-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

If the end of the screws have a small non threaded flat part then they are made to put a set screw on from the top of the arm. Kyosho has used shock mounting screws like this for years with success. Makes removing the shocks faster.

As far as the ninja I've gotten 8 gallons out of one before with only a bearing and rod change. If you start to have ghost flameouts and tuning issues just send it in to a place like rcrenew and let them pinch it for you and throw new bearings in it.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Get the b6 it's worth every penny! Make sure you check and rebuild the diffs, I try to rebuild them after two races. When I had my 2.0 seems like I went through my cvds so check them often! Good luck!
Old 07-03-2011, 03:24 AM
Tech Addict

Default Yeah your right it's where a small set screw makes contact!

Thanks for info! I figured it out the small area with no threads is where the set screw hits it, but not for easy shock removale because you still have to unscrew the shock mount screw after you remove small set screw. So I guess it's to keep screw from backing out and I just used normal screws and still put set screws in so I shouldn't have a issue today! The B6 engine seems like a great engine with ceramic bearing for less than $300.00! Thanks Again!
Old 07-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

I was referring to the kyosho screws. They have no threads on them and are only secured by a set screw on the ends. So all you do is loosen the set screw a tad and the screw slides right out.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

Default Well I rebuilt my first Losi diff and seems smooth but makes a little noise.

I just rebuilt my first Losi diff and I did everything I should and the diff(front) feels smooth but when I spin outdrive it makes noise also it's quiet going backwards. Is this normal or does it sound like my ring and pinion need to be replaced? I inspected them both and didn't see any damage or wear. Is it normal to have a little noise from diff after rebuild? Thanks AGAIN!
Old 07-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Did you grease the ring and pinion? It is normal for them to make a bit of noise. After all they are metal gears. If they feel smooth for the most part(sometimes they are a bit notchy in one spot) you should be good to go.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Addict

Default Yes I did grease just like manual said outdrives, gears, and gearbox seal.

I guess my diff is good like I said the rear is the only diff thats a little tuff to rebuild and mesh correctly. Also I'm am trying to make the most of the parts I have now until I can get some alum. inserts and HD diff cases. I hope it holds up raceday and thanks for info/help!