R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-01-2011, 08:03 PM   #16
Tech Prophet

i would go with the rc8b the parts availbity and you can get setup help at most tracks also with them.

as for weight dont worry if your club racing and anyways extra weight = plated more fun to drive.
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:09 AM   #17
Tech Champion

Well, as much as that Serpent truggy was making me drool..(I had to decide against truggies, based mostly on tire prices and uncertainty about the future..), and against the urge for the newest and greatest, I went the "safe" route and got a used RC8B. Supposedly two races on it(one indoor), and some training. I had been hoping to just find a good condition roller for about €200. But in the end I got a huge race stable for more than double that.. Gonna have to sell some of it. All in all it comes with:

- ACE 1015 and 1313 servos
- newly broken in old-school Go 3-port R Spec (?..) with new looking 2041 pipe
- 4 gallon old Novarossi with 9901 pipe with long and short headers
- Ofna starter box with 3600 batteries
- several sets of used tires, including a new set of Proline Calibers
- a brand new Ascendancy clutch on the Go, along with two Fioroni and two Speed clutches used..
- several wings, two diffs, some other parts, four bodies, a Mugen bag, etc etc..

Few pics:

So what do you think? I have this new Argus here. Might try the Go for a couple tanks and see what I think. If I like it, maybe I'll keep it and sell the Argus to get some money back. The NR I don't know. The dude said it rips..

Guess I need to ask some RC8B guys if the extended chassis and other new upgrades are worth it...

Anybody in Europe want to buy a starter box, Go engine, Ace servos, an SC8, etc... ha ha?...
-LST2 #1 with Losi 454 & LST2 #2 with Dynamite Big Red .28
-Ofna DM-1 with silver Mach 427/2047
-TT MT4 G3
Herrsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:37 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Buggy looks great in person.. Got a question. It came with two LRP Life battery packs.. I have no idea how to charge these.. I have a basic charger, that I think is lipo-capable, but it would need a balancer or something??.. How do I charge these things?

Just tested the servos.. My first ACE DS1015..(normally run Hitec 5955..) Damn - it IS fast...
-TT MT4 G3
Old 07-14-2011, 07:16 AM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just my 2 cents, I have raced Losi for the past 2 years and switched to Intech this year and have had no problems with the buggy at all. Half way thru the season and nothing has worn out to have to be replaced. Very durable and very tunable. Plus you cant beat the price for such a good product.
JBURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:27 AM   #20
Tech Champion

Thanks for the tip.. I liked the looks and rep of the Intech a lot.. But I just spent a fortune on this huge pile of RC8B and stuff for which I have no space.. I will be keeping this buggy well through next year.. I don't race that much, and want something solid and easy to get parts for. The RC8B was the less flashy choice, but I'm happy with it..

Now, how do I charge these damn Life-po receiver packs?!!...
-TT MT4 G3
Old 07-14-2011, 08:45 AM   #21
Tech Master

Quote:
both AE and kyosho are spot on, both wide and heavyer and they are winning
Kyosho is many things, but heavy? Not so much. Mine is 3208. Box stock it was 3250; that's NOT heavy. The AE is usually around 3500 "ish" IF I recall.

As far as choosing a buggy, I would go to your local track and see what most ppl are running and go that route. That way, you have a support network for setup advise as well as parts. Also see what your local shop carries. Waiting for parts for an oddball brand always sucks.

Later,

Be sure to checkout "Come Drive With Us!"

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTEAMGUY
CoryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #22
Tech Elite

I have a rc8b and like it but was thinking if your getting back into it and have some parts already it seems like the obvious choice until I thought about the new updated parts coming out. If you already have a rc8 get the updated parts give it a good once over and go have some fun. If you dont have one anymore and have to buy a new kit it doesnt make much sense to me when you would have to spend a good bit additional on top of what the kit costs just to have one that isnt already out dated.

I know nothing about the Intech but in my experience being out of the mainstream can be difficult. Parts could potentially be a problem. I hear you say you liked the support but is that just online? Thats not going to do much for you on race day.

Ive gotten a chance to findle both Serpent and Agama buggies and I like what Ive seen. Theyre both kinda on the fringe of mainstream but more then likely there would be others at almost any race you might attend. I think the Agama is a bargain and IMO I would probably lean that way of the choices youve given.

For me I am still going to stay AE. Ive been running their cars for the last 4 years or more and in that time I have accumulated a good amount of parts. I admit I am a bit confused about the new updated parts but mainly because I havent had a chance to get my hands on them yet. That being said I am still quite competitive with it.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #23
Tech Elite

If I had an unlimted budget for a nitro buggy I think I would be shopping for the newest version of the MP9. I just love how they look on the track. The rc8b with the updated parts is pretty close in design though.