R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/52613-jammin-x1-so-close-yet-so-far.html)

beetlebz 10-12-2004 03:58 PM

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

ever just wanted to cry? RCCA was at my local track playing with some new toys today. I caught a glimpse of what they were running when i pulled in, but until i went inside they shuffled the car out of view. stoopid top secret toys! its not fair :( if i had to bet money on what i saw, id say it was the new jammin X1. i only caught it out of the corner of my eye. it didnt occur to me that it was RCCA until i got out of my car, they both smiled, and quickly hid the car lol but it certainly smelled like the jammin. i just wish i had known they were there, i would have paid more attention while i was pulling in the lot lol

Aaron Waldron 10-12-2004 10:35 PM

Get ready for a serious race-ready OFNA buggy that's coming out of the box swingin'...

The R/C world is gonna love the X-1.

beetlebz 10-12-2004 10:41 PM

this winter im planning on getting into electric, so that leaves all of next summer to move into 1/8th buggies. from what little i saw, im going to be selling vital organs to get that machine. even the LHS owner was in awe, telling me about the amazing laps it was pulling off.

you know, i have the geographical advantage living so close to RCCA, i should be allowed to drive it! im putting my foot down.....

Aaron Waldron 10-12-2004 10:55 PM

XRC is right up the coast..those guys are awesome.

The car should be priced very competitively among the other race-ready buggies.

beetlebz 10-12-2004 11:00 PM

the numbers being tossed around by the guys at the LHS today were 750-800. on the other hand, im sure those numbers were slightly less baseless than blind guesses.

if its as sweet as it looks, and as great as i hope, i would have to agree with that guess. if its much less it will be like christmas morning when it hits shelves :D

tony montana 10-13-2004 05:18 PM

I bet the street price will be around 500 to 550

beetlebz 10-13-2004 05:29 PM

hehehe i wrote a funny email to pete over at readers write from RCCA, that having the geographical advantage i should get to play with the new toys lol and he just wrote back saying that i shouldnt be a chicken. and if i say hi, and they arent testing a top secret prototype, they will let me take it for a spin. W00!! :D

i sure hope youre right tony! thats soooo my weapon of choice if i can manage to get into 1/8th scale next year!

corradopsi 10-17-2004 03:34 AM

OFNADAVE from ofna's forums (9-23-04)

X-1CR PRO is being shipped next week from Taiwan and should be in OFNA warehouse in 20 days. But beware, that supply is limited and is going fast. Also, RTR version will ship in two weeks. Thererfore, the X-1CR PRO & RTR will be widely available in 45 days.

Tower's Price on the Buggy.

and some more info on it here

enjoy

beetlebz 10-17-2004 05:00 AM

Originally posted by tony montana
I bet the street price will be around 500 to 550
:weird:

good call. RTR for 545. uncanny infact. you creep me out. CIA?

tony montana 10-17-2004 05:17 AM

I hope that the x1 will have more caster than the 9.5 pro did. I think thats what really hurt the 9.5 as far as steering compared to kyosho and mugen

Aaron Waldron 10-17-2004 10:49 AM

beetle - Not CIA, OFNA.

Tony - The new car turns in pretty hard, and it accelerates great through bumps. It'll be good...it has already proven to be very competitive.

beetlebz 10-17-2004 08:46 PM

lol I FREAKIN KNEW IT!

i got my RCCA today, the other truck they had at the track that i couldnt get a glimpse of was the OFNA Blazer. and the pics of the spyder in this months issue look like my track too.

if you all will excuse me, im going to go pout now.

Mugen9112 10-22-2004 11:52 AM

the x-1 combines the best features of the 9.5, mbx5 and mp 7.5 and 777. although this car is going to kick a$$, i dont think its gonna be the hitt that some people are anticipating. i mean lets get real here, 1/8 buggy guys (myself included) stick with the same company for a while and get very hesitant wen it comes to new buggies. but i definetly wanna see how the car looks in person and how it drives!:sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Aaron Waldron 10-22-2004 04:42 PM

I think the option of buying a competitive car without having to get one of the big two (Kyosho and Mugen) will be a welcome departure for the 1/8th scale buggy crowd!

speedydave 10-23-2004 12:38 AM

Aaron- What about the X-Ray?