Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Sunshine today meant that there was time for testing
Firstly, there is more on-power steering with the PBS, ive not tried the caster adjustments yet, i was just getting used to the car again and its got a lot of steering, ive had to change the suspension setup to dial it back !

So, initial testing is positive, im certainly not going to pull it off as a bad experience, certainly will get raced next weekend.
Thanks for the advice, everything held up, now to clean the car up before Sunday.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If I was you I would have a spare set of knuckles with you at the track, I broke 5 of them in the first 2 days of racing and ran out of knuckles and a mugen driver gave me a extra pair of his and I put them on, I made it through the a- main but the geomertry of the tie rods was off, I played with that and figured that out and those are still the same knuckles my boy is crashing on this year.
Hopefully Jammin has gotten that problem fixed and you wont have any problems that I had.
Watch that steering, its awesome in the corners but the straight can get twitchy and wonder alot and if you notice the car is not consistant in the corners, move the lower shocks mounts to the outside hole all the way around and it makes the car more stable on the straights and alot more consistant and predicable in the corners.
Good luck racin, I think I have found a really good setup on my X1X finally and am racing RC Pro race next weekend. So I am ansi to race also.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JPMSRacing
If I was you I would have a spare set of knuckles with you at the track, I broke 5 of them in the first 2 days of racing and ran out of knuckles and a mugen driver gave me a extra pair of his and I put them on, I made it through the a- main but the geomertry of the tie rods was off, I played with that and figured that out and those are still the same knuckles my boy is crashing on this year.
Hopefully Jammin has gotten that problem fixed and you wont have any problems that I had.
Watch that steering, its awesome in the corners but the straight can get twitchy and wonder alot and if you notice the car is not consistant in the corners, move the lower shocks mounts to the outside hole all the way around and it makes the car more stable on the straights and alot more consistant and predicable in the corners.
Good luck racin, I think I have found a really good setup on my X1X finally and am racing RC Pro race next weekend. So I am ansi to race also.
That's odd that they are breaking that much.

Why did you switch over from the C-Hubs? They seem indestructible.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)

Originally Posted by Panther
That's odd that they are breaking that much.

Why did you switch over from the C-Hubs? They seem indestructible.
because it was a time last year that all the arms where out of stock like the X2 parts right now, and I had a big race to go to and needed a front arm, so I got the kit and put it on so the car could be raced, I liked it so much better with the handling, that I kept it, refined it with other parts and it has been indestructable since, I have no complaints now about, I did cuss it for a couple of weeks, but now it great and my 9yr is racing sportsman and winning trophies with it this year and this is his first nitro.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

http://www.redrc.net/2008/08/hongnor...re-diff-mount/

do you guys think it's worth it to put this and light drive cup set on my buggy? i also plan on adding the milled out fte chassis as well oh and going os for power
Old 09-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Part number for lightened spur- CR

Fellas, what is the part number for the lightened spur gear for the buggy? Thanks
Old 09-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Old 09-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks R2. Is that a Jammin part number or another brand? Thanks
Old 09-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Oh, sorry a Jammin/Ofna part number.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:02 AM
ALG
Tech Regular

Any one knows when the new parts will be available? The ones used on The FarmII, or the Jammin is going down? or they are killing it slowly?

With so many new rides on the market...
Old 10-07-2008, 05:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I had a X2 Buggy in my hands last Saturday, he said it would be a couple of months and there is no conversion kit for the X1X
They changed it so much that only the arms, diff housings and wing stay will be the same as the X1X.
The one I looked at had the alum. drivelines in it too.
You cant even buy the chassis and put it in X1X because of the shortened radio tray, you have to run a small center diff gear and the X2 Truggy ring and pinions. The rear hubs are all the way forward now and not all the way back and the chassis is lenthened 8mm out the rear. New fuel tank design, etc, etc. If you want to know more about it I can post some more but this book is long enough right now.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Anybody need some jammin shocks? (non big bore)
I have front and rears, red springs around, for twenty bux shipped.
One front is missing the dust boot and may have a bent shaft. The rest seem to be in good shape and smooth. I bought these on flea-bay by mistake.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JPMSRacing
I had a X2 Buggy in my hands last Saturday, he said it would be a couple of months and there is no conversion kit for the X1X
They changed it so much that only the arms, diff housings and wing stay will be the same as the X1X.
The one I looked at had the alum. drivelines in it too.
You cant even buy the chassis and put it in X1X because of the shortened radio tray, you have to run a small center diff gear and the X2 Truggy ring and pinions. The rear hubs are all the way forward now and not all the way back and the chassis is lenthened 8mm out the rear. New fuel tank design, etc, etc. If you want to know more about it I can post some more but this book is long enough right now.

Absolutly please post more.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well thats pretty crappy the only reason I bought an x1-cr was to convert it to the x2...
Old 10-10-2008, 12:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Well I should have taken a picture of Steve's car without the body on it. The white car is the new X2 and the green/blue is my X1X. If you can tell the engine is moved way forward from the rear shock tower and centered more on the white car, also look at the position of the rear hub in comparision to the shocks, more of the rear of the car is behind the rear tires. So there is more weight on the front and more weight on the rear. Steve couldnt tell me what was going to be in the kit version, like I said earlier, he had alum. drivelines and different outdrives, but most likely those will be option parts. He also had plastic chassis braces, more flex he said, so the metal braces might be a thing of the past. Something was different on the engine mount too, I think he had a 3 peice with the screws out side the head to remove easier. Also he is running a 17&18tooth pinion, no more small pinions.
Attached Thumbnails Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-steve-hail.jpg   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-spook08.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.