Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Jammin X1 - so close yet so far >

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Old 12-28-2005, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Arghh,

Drake had graphite shock towers at the Ohio pro series race. Very nice looking but I stay on my hood to much for that mod to do me good.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

gave a call out to Ace Hardware hobbies yesterday asking if I could exchange out the standard kit for the new one. They said no problem and were very helpful. I've got to call back today to know the exact price of the new kit (gotta pay the difference, but that is waaay cheaper than all the hop-ups on their own), but they told me not to expect the kit to be anymore or possibly only 10$ more than the standard kit! I hope this stays true when I talk to them today.

Speedbump57, speaking of Matt Gosch, I was just talking with his father the other night about the differences of the two kits (we both race at the same club out here in St. Louis, MO). I didn't know Matt was sponsored by OSRocket. cool. Chris Gosch tells me he could put the stock shocks on the car instead of the nicer big bore shocks and Matt probably wouldn't even notice. lol. That kid can adapt to anything. Of course, Chris does break down and build back up Matt's car after every race so I figure the newer shocks can probably take a bit more abuse in between rebuilds. This however still doesn't cover the nicer hingepins, al. B-block, and thicker shock towers. He suggested as well to send back the original kit for the newer one. I'm not a big fan of mailing away large boxes with expensive items enclosed, but the money saved will be a considerable amount.... especially if the new kit isn't more than 10$ extra! I'll just insure it and hope the post office doesn't lose it on its way back to Cali. Dealing with the post office for an insurance claim on a lost package is a pain.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Speed Bump, thanks for the bearing website, i just book marked it and will be using them. Matt Gosch races locally here in the st louis area. My first night back in rc racing i took my new jammin buggy to a local off road track in Brighton, IL and a guy with a truggy decided to run the long straight the wrong way and hit me head on breaking my front shock shaft. Matt and his dad were there and had just started running the jammin buggy too and they gave me a shock shaft since i hadn't yet stocked up on spares. On top of that, he helped me get going again. so here's a shout out to the Gosch's and to Team Jammin for having not only guys that can win races on their team, but guys who help newbies and promote the hobby the way it should be promoted. From a business stand point for Ofna, because of your fine products and your helful team, I now have a CRT Truggy and the new Factory Team Buggy. Matt and Dad, I am still carrying a spare Jammin shock shaft in my box to pay you back next time I bump into you.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:27 AM
Tech Addict

I met Chris & Matt about 2 1/2 or 3 years ago. You won't find many people that are more helpful in the hobby. I race with them when I can and keep track of Matt at the bigger races. It has been fun to watch Matt become the driver that he is. They are both a class act!

From reading the last two posts it looks like we have probably raced together somewhere. I have raced at DB and have also raced at the Brighton track. I guess I would call RJD Raceway in Lincoln my home track. I know allot of you guys down south have come up for their bigger races and Chris & Matt have even come up for some of their club races on Friday night. If you guys come down to Lincoln next year look me up!

Bump
Old 12-29-2005, 05:36 AM
Tech Addict

SpeedBump, I believe I was at your home track in September of this year for the trophy/money race. RJD is a great track. I had a blast running there and even got to take home some cash. I ended up winning gas truck and got third in 1/8. I was running a Mugen at the time. I haven't checked that website in awhile, but if they posted the results, then it'd be easy to see who I am in there. I just sent back my regular kit to Ace yesterday (30$ shipping. Priority mail and insurrance are killers. ). At least it will be well worth it when I get the newer kit here soon enough. Funny thing about the old shocks for the Jammin: The racer that won the 1/8 class at the money race, Aaron Pucci, is a factory Jammin driver as well. According to Chris Gosch, he prefers the older shocks.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:53 AM
Tech Addict

speedbump,

Actually, we probably raced together sometime at allens. I tend to race there more than anywhere else. Do you race there? I raced carpet there last night (not a good night) . I've never made it up to lincoln but I hear that the track is pretty nice.

Scott
Old 12-29-2005, 05:55 AM
Tech Addict

with the big bore shocks out we should be able to pick up a set of the old shocks on ebay fairly cheap to compare the two.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:23 AM
Tech Addict

This must be you on the left?

I ended up 5th in that race with a Mayhem no less. LOL I remember that 1/10th gas truck race. It made me want to race that class again. It's too bad not too many people raced that class at the money race. I am surprised Aaron P. did not race 1/10th that day. Tell Jeremy and the big dude with the pony tail I said hi!

Scott I have raced at Allen’s one time this year. I just got into 1/12th scale and raced my second race there. I ended up TQ and took second place. Those tubes got me in the end. They are like magnets! LOL
Old 12-29-2005, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can i use a different motor mount from another company? like mugen? the Jammin one is 50 larger and im a 16yr old teen with no job so MIAMI(money is a major issue)
Old 12-29-2005, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah, that's me with the $hit eatin' grin on my face. lol. I don't know why I have to smile so big for pictures. I have to laugh at one of your comments in your post:

I am surprised Aaron P. did not race 1/10th that day. Tell Jeremy and the big dude with the pony tail I said hi!

Aaron P. and the big dude with the pony tail = same guy.
I'll let him and the Wriggler know you said 'hey' next time I see 'em, but I'm all electric in the winter and rarely do they race electric. I agree about the 1/10 low turnout at that race. I was really hoping that we'd have a better turnout. It is by far and away my favorite R/C race class. I love 1/8, but 1/10 is the best and most challenging. I'm glad my wheelin' skills with a 1/10 have gotten you interested again in gas truck. lol. Yeah, it would have been nice if Aaron would have run 1/10 as well. We usually have really good battles if he runs since he isn't much faster than I am. I actually out-qualified him at the 2005 gas ROAR regional (region 8) in gas truck. In 1/8, he kills me every time. Which reminds me, he is one of the main reasons why I wanted to try a Jammin. I swear, once he got that buggy, he really took off. Aaron has always been extremely fast, but he just seemed to really step it up in 2005 once he was driving for Jammin. When I finally got the chance to wheel one around a track, I instantly could feel how much more aggressive they are compared to the Mugen. It is harder to drive, but in the right hands they can go faster. I've really been having a good time this winter with my kyosho ZX-5, and I think it has been preparing me for a more aggressive 1/8 since the ZX-5 drives very similar to the Jammin I drove one time.

Anyways, like I said earlier, I can't wait for the new factory team Jammin to show up to my house (probably in 1 1/2 weeks). I'm really looking forward to building it.... then starring at it until April. At least DB has one of the R/C pro series races in May. That'll be cool. Definitely count on me coming to RJD again this summer. It really was a top notch facility and fun track to drive. I'm hoping for at least 2-3 visits come next outdoor season.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:13 AM
Tech Addict

speed bump, i was running 1/12th at allens until it died out this year too. you're right, those green fire hoses really like 1/12th scales. been running touring car for the past 3 weeks and really like it. i've been a good passing dummy for bottoms and shearburn. lol.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

I have known Aaron for about 3 years as well. When there's somebody at the track that does not know him they usually refer to him as the big dude with the pony tail. LOL
Old 12-29-2005, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Illuzion Jammin X1cr in case you guys have not seen it yet.

Thanks,
...Jim
Attached Thumbnails Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-illuzion-x1cr-12-28-05.jpg  
Old 12-30-2005, 06:57 AM
Tech Addict

Jim I can't see the larger pic when I click on the link. I haven't seen the new body yet. Let me know if it's me or please fix the link.

Thanks
Bump
Old 01-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

who are all the top drivers on jammin racing team nowdays..??

Last edited by arghh; 01-03-2006 at 01:00 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.