Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 09:36 AM
Tech Initiate

I am fairly new to 1/8 buggy's but i have beenracing MT's for over a year now.

I know all the comparison and good drive bad driver stuff, and I am not to concerned about who won the worlds with what car.

I know that on the type of tracks i run on, my previous choice of a mayhem was a bad one. im looking for opinions, pro's and cons, and would like to know if anyone has driven both buggys and has any input.

So far i am impressed with the stats on the jammin. My neighbor has a Hyper 7 and i can turn much more consistant and slightly faster lap times with his hyper then i can with my mayhem. I looing for a buggy that seems just as planted in rough loomy conditions as it dose on blue groove.

I mean hey if i could i would buy both and sell the one i didnt like, so please give me your thoughts. For what it is worth i already have a Colari B7 and a colari pipe for the new buggy, what ever it will be.....

thanks
Old 09-23-2005, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ETRacer
I am fairly new to 1/8 buggy's but i have beenracing MT's for over a year now.

I know all the comparison and good drive bad driver stuff, and I am not to concerned about who won the worlds with what car.

I know that on the type of tracks i run on, my previous choice of a mayhem was a bad one. im looking for opinions, pro's and cons, and would like to know if anyone has driven both buggys and has any input.

So far i am impressed with the stats on the jammin. My neighbor has a Hyper 7 and i can turn much more consistant and slightly faster lap times with his hyper then i can with my mayhem. I looing for a buggy that seems just as planted in rough loomy conditions as it dose on blue groove.

I mean hey if i could i would buy both and sell the one i didnt like, so please give me your thoughts. For what it is worth i already have a Colari B7 and a colari pipe for the new buggy, what ever it will be.....

thanks
I ran a Hyper 7 PCR and had some good luck with it. My Jammin is a way more stable and hardly gets upset in rough areas. Looking at the last 2 weeks races my lap times were the most consistant out of all buggys and i placed 2nd and 1st. So overall i would say from what you are looking for that the Jammin would be a great choice but i dont know anything about the Kyosho.

Good luck!
Old 09-23-2005, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you can't go wrong with either car. The important things to look at is cost and parts availibilty. I know the Jammin is Way less to maintian in parts cost.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

The guys behind the Jammin' car rock too. Jay, Mike, and all the guys at Jammin' are always a huge help to anyone with the car if you ever catch them at a race.

If you have a Jammin' car and you ever have any questions with it, feel free to leave me a message here, e-mail me, or catch me on IM. I think Jammin has one of the fastest cars on the market, and certainly the best bang for the buck!
Old 09-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Tech Initiate

OK guys the verdict is in and the jammin wins... my debate

i would like to know first off ... I was looking over the parts listings and want to kon if there is a part number and or what size bearing can in use in place of the 40527 knuckle arm bushing. I want to order all of the bearings i need for the stearing and the knuckls so i will have everything i need to build the kit right.

Any other suggestions of parts to get or replace out of the box?

remember this is the x1 cr pro
Old 09-24-2005, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

OK guys the verdict is in and the jammin wins... my debate

i would like to know first off ... I was looking over the parts listings and want to kon if there is a part number and or what size bearing can in use in place of the 40527 knuckle arm bushing. I want to order all of the bearings i need for the stearing and the knuckls so i will have everything i need to build the kit right.

Any other suggestions of parts to get or replace out of the box?

Those bushings aren't something you need to replace with bearings.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Tech Adept

The Jammin X1-CR Pro comes with a full set of bearings, including the steering, no need to buy any bearings. The knuckle arm bushings are smooth and just allow for the knuckle to ride on, still a better design than all other buggies out there. Besides I think that a bearing in that place would not last long considering the stress of that area.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

ETRacer, is there any buggy come with bearings for the knuckles?
Old 09-24-2005, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chim-Chim
The Jammin X1-CR Pro comes with a full set of bearings, including the steering, no need to buy any bearings. The knuckle arm bushings are smooth and just allow for the knuckle to ride on, still a better design than all other buggies out there. Besides I think that a bearing in that place would not last long considering the stress of that area.
What's a better design, the knuckle bushings???
Old 09-24-2005, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

Well the whole king pin idea is better, most buggies use screws that attach right to the knuckle from the lower arm and upper arm. this idea is ok but through bolting the knuckle is much stronger, and the knuckle cannot be stripped out. Dialed.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

+ the extra size required for a bearing would mean a weaker knuckle or carrier....
Old 09-24-2005, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

quick question is the x1cr pro different to the x1cr? or is there only 1 edition? i want to get the x1cr but i want the pro version if there is one. a freind of mine told me there are different versions (vissble from more holes on shock towers?) also, is this true?

i am in australia, do any ozzies know if JPM is bringing the jammin in under the hong nor name? tryed accessing jpm website but it is down i think.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

ok racing weekend
didnt do good in the qualifiers due to my right rear universal popping out
had to go through the C Main
took first in that...then in the B Main it popped out again

anyone have this problem?? Any fixes for it. Any known universals that are slightly longer that will fit?
Old 09-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

Never had that problem, but where are your droop screws set at? Even so the bone protrudes pretty far into the outdrive, bearings ok in the hub carier?
Is it the stock universal? Not mixed up with the front universal is it?
Old 09-26-2005, 02:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Droop set to raise the arms up just a bit so the shocks dont get fully extended when jumping.
Bearings are fine.
This happens coming down from landings and so forth...basically when the shocks are fully compressed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.