R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-02-2005, 11:55 PM   #901
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

So those are updates to the kit that is now avaliable? I'm going to buy a Jammin soon so I'm wondering if I should wait for this one to become avaliable before I spend my cash.
WheelNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:28 AM   #902
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

a updated pro2 kit is due early october I heard
speedy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 02:06 AM   #903
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to z4cky

Brad8283 I only dremel in front shock tower section just to fit the Crowd Pleazer Hyper 7 Body that's all .
z4cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 07:24 AM   #904
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Z4cky,
Thanks
Brad8283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:35 AM   #905
Tech Elite

Well I dont think I'm going to wait then, I'll go ahead and buy it as soon as I get paid. But there is one thing that I noticed when I was taking out a X1 RTR to put it on display at the hobby shop is that the body doesnt fit very well. The body seems to be way to wide, is this also the case on the pro kit? I'm assuming it would be, if so is there a different body that will fit better?
Old 08-04-2005, 02:01 AM   #906
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to z4cky

The Jammin body fit very well , the reason I change with Crowd Pleazer body cause my friend sell that body with very cheap prize , i will post the picture to you guys as soon as i get my camera fixed
z4cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:34 PM   #907
Tech Regular

A Crowd Pleazer 2.0 777 Kyo. body looks hot and fits good,Just Dremel around where the shock towers go.
Sofast-NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:39 PM   #908
Tech Regular

Cain get the Jammin bug.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:56 PM   #909
Tech Elite

Ok, so I'm buying this buggy on Monday. What should I get for spare parts? What are the most common things to break? I'm thinking a front shock tower, and mabye some turnbuckles? A spare wing of course, but what about the screw type hinge pins? Any tips for building it? Thanks, I cant wait to get this thing and start building!

I'm getting a Hyper 8 port race engine w/boost chamber as well, anyone else running this engine? A buddy of mine has one in his Kyosho with an OS carb and it runs great, but I wonder how good the regular carb is...hmmm. Oh well as long as its as reliable as my Force 21 P4, but with more power I'll be happy with it!
Old 08-06-2005, 09:08 PM   #910
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

wheelnut,

I just completed building my Jammin last week. I would highly recommend getting the screw type hinge pins. I didnt even install the stock ones.
Brad8283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 12:21 AM   #911
Tech Addict

WheelNut

Welcome to the Jammin' way of life! I don't think you'll need any turnbuckles...I've beat the crap out of the Jammin' car and have never even bent one. The X1CR is my first nitro car and I've only busted a few parts:

1 rear hub
1 front shock tower (on a small track completely lined with concrete...)
2 bumpers (1 by rear ending a rookie that threw his car on the track from the pits...)

I've also broken the early production steering posts (x2). The latest ones are holding up fine.

I'd go with the captured hinge-pins and the wizzy motor mount...that's it. Anything else is just for tunning (toe and caster blocks).

I've got a new pro kit comming into the shop on Monday. If it has the latest parts (towers and shocks) then I'll build it for Red Deer. Are you going to the Red Deer WCORCS race?
buddhatechraceservices @ gmail . com
BuddhaTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 07:54 PM   #912
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelNut
What should I get for spare parts? What are the most common things to break? I'm thinking a front shock tower, and mabye some turnbuckles? A spare wing of course, but what about the screw type hinge pins?
no, not any of that, dont fool your self, this buggy is strong.. only one thing to change is the front lower arm holder B block, get the alluminium one. the standard plastic is very easy to bend u-shape or break. just spare front lower arm..
arghh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 10:43 PM   #913
Tech Elite

I just finished building the buggy a few hours ago, daaaamn this thing is sweet! Everything went together pretty good, alittle tiny bit of binding in a few spots and I only got one wing button, aside from that though it was really good. All the parts are as I expected, excellent quality, I would of course expect no less of a HongNor buggy. So what is the deal with the screw type hinge pins? Are they stronger? Or is it just the fact that you dont need E-clips? I figure if this this holds up as well as my 9.5 I wont have to worry about a thing! Damn that thing was a tank.

I cant go the Red Deer WCORCS, but man would I ever love to, that would be awsome! Unfortunately the boss is out of town this weekend so I'm stuck at work on saturday Mabye I'll be able to make the final round in September. Although I'm going to go up north to the small city of Fort St. John where they've got a really nice track to test out my new buggy for the first time.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:31 AM   #914
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=WheelNut]So what is the deal with the screw type hinge pins? Are they stronger? Or is it just the fact that you dont need E-clips? QUOTE]

why arguing with the e-clip type hinge pin when it not giving problem, atleast never ever on mine until now..
arghh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:38 AM   #915
Tech Regular

Whats wrong with screw type hinge pins,You don't have to crap aroung with the e-clips.Screw type is more reliable.