R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-14-2005, 08:08 PM   #841
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Wild Gpher, no front tower brakage issues here but the other problems, which are easily fixed were the same as yours.

Great buggy for the money, especially for someone just moving up from a cheaper RTR car.........They have fixed most of the small problems, just watch for broken clutch springs, I use the Mugen ones...........Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 08:11 PM   #842
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to goldenboy

ya what are the new shock towers you are talkin about? and they make aluminum clutch shoes right? is that a good upgrade
goldenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 08:45 PM   #843
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Im looking for a 1/8 buggy too, and I like the Jammin alot. But everywhere I ask people say that it is better to get a Kyosho or a Mugen because they are ready out of the box for any skill of racer and the X1's are harder to set up for a first time buggy racer (like brakes for example). I want to buy a buggy thats ready to go out of the box just like my AD2 was after I built it.

One other thing, Jim, Im still waiting on the Jconcepts body for my AD2.

Later
Brad8283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 08:58 PM   #844
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad8283
I like the Jammin alot. But everywhere I ask people say that it is better to get a Kyosho or a Mugen because they are ready out of the box for any skill of racer and the X1's are harder to set up for a first time buggy racer
only the mugens and kyoshos driver will tell you that the mugen and kyosho is better. so if you really like jammin, go and ask from the jammins driver and you will get the answer that the jammin is the best of the best.. believe me..!!
arghh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:06 PM   #845
Tech Adept

Thats the problem, people I race with are 15 years older than me(mid to late 30's), so they are all about the buggys that have been out the longest and which ones have proved themselves.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:07 PM   #846
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

i must have had a bad tower then. It happened during the main out of the blue. I didnt recall hitting anything upside down or even crashing for that matter. About one minute in I see my front end dragging the ground. thought it was a shock shaft but ended up being the tower
Old 07-15-2005, 01:52 AM   #847
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

x1cr
is the one to go
it's easy to drive
777 is very difficult to tune
mugen is best but costs double

tower material must be to hardened that's all
should not break towers are more exposed to (higher up)
speedy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:05 AM   #848
Tech Adept

what tires does everyone like? are the jammin square nobbed ones good? i hear a lot about panther tires around my area.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:09 AM   #849
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

The jammin is a really good car. My car keeps getting faster every week with some fine adjustments. If you have experience building RC cars you should be just fine with setting up the breaks and whatnot. This was the first 1/8 I've ever built and I won the first race I entered with it so it's not that hard to get right out of the box. When I started with the car I only had 2 hop ups on it. The motor mount and hinge pins. This week I pretty much have everything done to it that is reccomended. I can't wait to break my own track record again.

The kit tires are alright but are pretty hard. Panther Komodo 2's or Proline crimefighters are the way to go on most outdoor 1/8 tracks.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:32 AM   #850
Tech Adept

ya the komodos are what everyone seems to be running..

wat does teh cr kit have that the rtr kit doesnt have.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:25 AM   #851
Tech Regular

Hard anod. chassis plate,milled 4mm towers,Carbon fiber center diff plate,radio tray,and steering plate,Universals,Hard anod. chassis braces,Z brace(Chassis stiffener,Hard anod. steering knuckles,Yellow wing,Clear body,everything else aluminum is hard anodized.
Sofast-NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:55 AM   #852
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Brad, LOL, AD2 body is in the works, but we're swamped, so we are just now getting out mini bodies on the market. Some new gas bodies will be next.

As far as out of the box, the Jammin X1 pro is ready, since most of the little things have been fixed by them now. The Kyosho and Mugen cars still need some parts as well, so I wouldn't go by what some tell you. No car is perfect out of the box, but the Prospec is probably the closest at about $730, which is $200 more the the X1....That's alot of room left for hop ups or bling bling.

It is still going to be more about your ability or luck on race day then what brand you race. Everyone will tell you what they just bought is best. Of course that only makes sense, because they wouldn't have bought it if they didn't think it was best, right?.................Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 10:47 PM   #853
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Brad, LOL, AD2 body is in the works, but we're swamped, so we are just now getting out mini bodies on the market. Some new gas bodies will be next.

As far as out of the box, the Jammin X1 pro is ready, since most of the little things have been fixed by them now. The Kyosho and Mugen cars still need some parts as well, so I wouldn't go by what some tell you. No car is perfect out of the box, but the Prospec is probably the closest at about $730, which is $200 more the the X1....That's alot of room left for hop ups or bling bling.

It is still going to be more about your ability or luck on race day then what brand you race. Everyone will tell you what they just bought is best. Of course that only makes sense, because they wouldn't have bought it if they didn't think it was best, right?.................Jim
I agree with Jim. The Jammin is Ultra competitive out of the box. You should be able to Win, Place or Show at the club level without any chassis tuning if you build the Jammin per the manual and you are a decent driver. I'm continually beating the Mugen Prospec guys week after week. This chassis feels so "planted". Put some decent power in it and you'll be a winner.
slrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 12:54 AM   #854
Tech Adept

Hey, I appreciate all the feedback guys. I think Im definately going with the Jammin, I like it alot. What parts are yall putting on the buggy out of the box besides the new motor mount and the hinge pins. Jim I want the first AD2 body when yall finally start producing them. Sorry about the spelling and run-on sentences, I just got back from the bar room.

Later
Old 07-17-2005, 12:59 AM   #855
Tech Adept

One other thing, the only other car I was contemplating on purchasing, besides the X1, was the xray XB8R(the one for $499).