R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-03-2005, 07:49 PM   #751
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild gopher
The new brake disk upgrade is supposed to replace the 4 metal disks with 2 fiber disks, and all you are supposed to do for pads is remove the existing pads and just use the metal pads, kinda like a 1/10 truck. This came from Jay Halsey at RCX. I will ask Adam Drake tomorrow if he is at the track and clarify things.
No! The 36659 is listed as "BRAKE SPECIAL WITH PLATES SET" on Nitrohouse.com and consists of only 2 plates with special pads attached for $31.95. In order to make the full conversion to use these pads, you must buy 2 sets and eliminate 2 of the discs converting to a dual brake system (1 for the front and 1 for the rear) instead of the quad system that comes stock. I verified this with a phone call to Nitrohouse who called OFNA while I was on hold. This is an insane price. If there is another option, I'm unaware of it. I'm going to send my set back for a refund.
slrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:51 PM   #752
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofast-NT
You are talkin about craddocks right,I use them and they don't fade or wear.You don't need all four,just use 2 on the rear and 1 up front.This will help your servo last longer also.
No, I'm talking about the factory brake upgrade not the craddocks. I already have a quad Craddock anti-lock set up and they work great. I'm going to send the overpriced pads back and keep the Craddocks.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:24 PM   #753
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Yikes! Mabne ofna figured rather then sell the car for $650 like everyone else and the brakes for $9.00, sell the car fo $550 and a chassis and some brake parts costs almost $200!?!?..................ouch, Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 10:43 AM   #754
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

30/05/2005 Portuguese 2th round

1 Rodrigo Luis..........Hongnor X1-cr
2 Fernando Almeida......Mugen
3 Joaquim Sacramento....Mugen
4 Carlos Hugo Ferreira..X-Ray
5 Jorge Gomes...........GS-CL1
6 Carlos Cardoso........GS-CL1
7 Nuno C.Ribeiro........Crono
8 Miguel Lopes..........GS-CL1
9 Antonio Nobre.........Kyosho
10 Miguel Matias.........Kyosho
speedy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 01:07 AM   #755
Tech Rookie

Send a message via MSN to martinx1

whats going on jimmy...long time no hear old man
martinx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 05:35 AM   #756
Tech Regular

Default 30/05/2005 Portuguese 2th round...

Hi Speedy2 !

Any info on the engine types they were using ?

Great to see the X1-CR on the 1st podium...!!!

Thanks !!!
Bad Mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 12:01 PM   #757
Tech Elite

no, can't find at the moment...
Old 06-07-2005, 03:16 PM   #758
Tech Elite

Martin, so now that your running the X1 i'm thinking about selling mine and going back to the MBX5, LOL.

Cars been really good, but little things keep biting me...same ole' story.

How are things goin' down unda' mate?........., Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
Old 06-07-2005, 03:32 PM   #759
Tech Adept

Default King pin heads turned to nubs

I was doing some maintanence the other day and noticed that 3 of the 4 king pins were loose. The heads have the flanges broken off and now look like little nubs. Anyone else have this problem?
Thankfully I had a spare pack laying around.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:43 PM   #760
Tech Elite

same to me.. can i use any other type of screw because when change the T shape screw it will broke again

Last edited by arghh; 06-07-2005 at 08:10 PM.
arghh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 12:36 AM   #761
Tech Elite

from Chim-Chim:
I may have a fix for the broken kingpin problem. I have found two reasons that support
the cracking on these pins. The first one is that there is some play on the wheel hub
adapter.(pull your wheel forward and back while holding the lower arm). This play allows
the wheel to move lateraly putting excess stress on the lower kingpin(try this and look
at the lower kingpin while you move the wheel, it rocks back and forth on the hub, cracking the pins.)
A narrow shim between the bearing and hub adapter should help remedy the problem. Another thing you can try
is grinding out the narrow bridge that the pin rides on, increasing the surface area inside the hub. What do you guys
think, let me know.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:13 AM   #762
Tech Rookie

Send a message via MSN to martinx1

Jim
I have my first major race this weekend (flying out tonight) so hope all goes well......Whats Biting you ?
martinx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 09:34 AM   #763
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I just picked up a set of the Jammin Rippers tires. Do the stock foams hold up? Or should I pick up something else?
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 11:30 AM   #764
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default foams

No, the stock foams suck and deflate quicker than a porkUpines birthday balloon. I'd try some of those new pre molded inserts. I just bought some treadz tires that have the insert, and there great. a-main hobbies pre glued set of TREADZ "grip" tires for $16.99 in soft of medium. you have to bevel the edges a bit though so they don't rub.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:54 AM   #765
Tech Elite

Martin, well, first race was my fault, I didn't spot the rear brake rotor rubbing the flywheel when the rbakes were engaged. It was weird, it would only rub it enough to stall once in a while, not every time.....so that was a bugger. The one peice mount fixed that.
Then I had an issue with the rear brake cam sticking at two seperate events. The first time it happened I narrowed the air gap on all the brakes. Then two races later it happened again. Now, on both brake cams, I dremeled off a small portion of the corner, where it engages the pad, so it is rounded, rather then having a sharp corner.

Other than those things, the car has been great, but i'm finding pricing and stories about $50 brakes and $140 chassis'. Which takes away from the great initial value the car brings........

Did I mention i'm still running the origional clear tank, I have two of them, since I bought a spare right away and haven't had a problem yet......yet, LOL.

I'll see how it goes at our next state race(or until the car needs something expensive)........Good luck at the event your going to, let me know how it goes(wedjim@cfl.rr.com , in case you lost it, LOL)............Jim
"Nothing but the best!"