so in order for commun drivers
it seems to be now :

MBX prospec best +
jammin x1cr
xb8
ttr s3
kyosho
mayhem pro

Last edited by speedy2; 05-13-2005 at 03:01 AM.
speedy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 03:38 PM   #648
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by W.E.D.Jim
slrguy, exactly, for the few professional drivers who never get emotional or lose concentration during thier races, too much power can be controlled. But, for most racers, too much power is just that...Too much.
Jim
Jim,
I respect your input on this forum but I have to stay with my premise that learning how to control throttle position is the best way to make it to the winner's circle. Detuning an engine/pipe is just a crutch to support poor driving habits developed over the years. All that will do is emphasis the need to pull the trigger to full throttle further delaying one's advancement of driver's skill. That isn't going to teach anyone to work with a high output engine. Power combined with driver skill is what launches one to the winner's circle. The key to winning is learning how to keep all four tires on the ground throughout the race. Having the power on tap when you need it is paramount to winning. Learning how to use that power, so one isn't depending on turn marshals, is how you get there. Detuning your car to accommodate poor driving habits, learned over the years, is counter productive to this effort.
Professionals don't get to that level by using crutches.
Rule #1:
Learn to use throttle positioning to your advantage.
Any racer who wants to make it to the winner's circle will need to have the power on tap and eventually have to learn to moderate the throttle. Why not start now?
slrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 06:53 PM   #649
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

slrguy, all good points and also true. I also respect your opinion.

My point is that most drivers aren't realistic, or possibly aware of thier skill level, so they run too much power, thinking it will make them faster. When you cannot control the power you have, you will only go slower with more power.

It's amazing how many 1/8th scale drivers i've talked to who say they don't race gas truck because it is too hard...........Bottom line, it requires throttle control.

I find it amazing to see 90+ entries and 25 or so gas trucks at a race where alot of the 1/8th scale drivers are using $350-400+ modified race engines, but can't control a gas truck?

Since I also race 2w, truck, 4wd, sedans and gas truck, throttle control only becomes an issue occasionally. 2wd keeps me fairly sharp, but when I spend most of a race trying not too light up the tires, rather then concentrating on car placement and traffic, etc., it is time to de-tune a little. Every time i've de-tuned my current engine so far, i've gone faster. But, too little power is no better then too much, what I prefer is just right.......................ttyl, Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 07:07 PM   #650
Tech Adept

Jim i want you to paint me a body for my Jammin. Do i have to mail you a body or can you pick one up and paint it then all i have to do is pay you for it.
Sgt_Morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 07:17 PM   #651
Tech Elite

sgt, we can supply an bodies as long as they are available locally, to help save you shipping costs. Whatever the body costs locally, is what we charge, no added mark up.

Send me an e mail from our site, www.jconcepts.net, from the link in paint..............I don't like to get to deep into the business stuff on a public forum, thanks!....Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
Old 05-01-2005, 08:37 PM   #652
Tech Adept

Ok Thanks Jim
Sgt_Morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 06:08 AM   #653
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Jammin

Congrats to Jammin for taking 1st and 2nd in the Unlimited Mt class at the ROar Nats.
the buggyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:46 PM   #654
Tech Elite

Ya, I hear Jammin Jay himself won the monster truck unlimited class!

Uh, oh, may be time for ole' Jim to get ANOTHER MT?............After each try and being frustrated by broken parts I always give up on em' in the past. This new truck must be pretty tuff for two of them to survive the MT class, LOL....................Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
Old 05-02-2005, 02:41 PM   #655
Tech Addict

Post 16-46?

The gearing is working great...208 with the rb yesterday on big track...car was untouchable...gonna try a 16tooth- I bet the jp1 compensates 1 tooth more
notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:04 PM   #656
Tech Elite

i'm not very impressed about the jammin mt winning because i dont like mt, but i'm very impressed where are the Jammin X1CR buggy in the nats, not a single in the A-main..
arghh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:10 PM   #657
Tech Adept

arghh, no disrespect intended but you seem to take every opportunity to slam the Jammin'. Why? Do you have a Jammin' car?

Please try to remember, as serious as some of us are about this hobby, at the end of the day these are still toy cars
x-GTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 08:08 PM   #658
Tech Elite

arghh, Consider that the results are not based on wether you like MT or not, they still exist inspite of your dislike for MT. The Jammin' X1 truck beat the best Kyosho , TTR, Mugen and Hot Bodies trucks on the market(or soon to be).

If the Jammin X1 buggy did not beat the best Kyosho, TTR, Mugen and Hot Bodies buggies, then it most likely wasn't because of the car being inferior, since it proved it wasn't inferior in truck.

Maybe driver ability and some luck, etc had some effect on the outcome?(in both classes)

I'll guess that if Tebo or Cavalieri where wheeling an X1 it would have done quite well.......

Not to take anything from Drake and the other Jammin' guys, but a few of the guys running buggy are on another level lately. We'll see how long it lasts........Hopefully a while, since they both run our J concepts bodies, .

.........X1 fans should just be glad Tebo and Cavalieri weren't running trucks or they may not have gotten that win, LOL...................Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
Old 05-03-2005, 03:00 AM   #659
Tech Addict

Thumbs up X1-CR T ROAR NATIONAL CHAMP!!

Considering that the MT is based off the x1-cr...I would have to say the platform is a success...

You never see a driver that has been around for under a year win a roar national title...yet this chassis did-

again great job to deano the chicken man for all the hard r&d on the x1-cr t and Jay Halsey with the first ROAR MT National title!
notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 03:35 PM   #660
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default jammin

Boy Jay Halsey is good at getting those "first" titles isn't he?

Arghh at that level it doesn't have much to do with the car. One crash in a main and you could go from first to seventh real quick. EVen a pit stop at the wrong time will cost them. That is the first major race this year I can remember that the Jammin wasn't in the A-main. So if you don't like it whay are you on the Jammin thread?
the buggyman is offline   Reply With Quote