R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-19-2005, 09:25 PM   #586
Tech Adept

Let me show you how good The Jammin X1-CR Pro is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 125.jpg (146.7 KB, 205 views)
Sgt_Morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:25 PM   #587
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by nitro_tacklebox
slrguy...sweet ride....I just wish I had some airbrush skills....lol....hell I would settle for just having an airbrush to learn on!!!!
Actually, that's a prepainted RTR body. I just don't have the time to paint bodies anymore.

Quote:
On a side note....this is probably a stupid question but how do you know when a clutch spring has gone out?
It quickly becomes pretty obvious. A broken spring allows that clutch shoe to engage very quickly killing the bottom end and causing a bog. 2 broken springs and your clutch wants to engage at idle causing your car to creep forward. At this point the clutch shoes with the broken springs are slipping like crazy at lower rpms and your clutch will soon be toast.
slrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:27 PM   #588
Tech Adept

Nice trophy Sgt_Morrow!
Old 04-19-2005, 10:45 PM   #589
Tech Adept

Thanks, It's got to be the Jammin
Old 04-20-2005, 12:37 PM   #590
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Nitro, i'd like to give a time, but we are really growing fast at J Concepts, so it's hard to predict. We have alot of new products coming soon, the X1 Illuzion body will be one of them. From the feedback on our site it looks like the Revo is killing all the other body styles wanted by racers though, .

arghh, true, at our florida state series events i've qualified in the top 5 with my jammin in a field of over 90 buggies of all types.......there is another in a few weeks, so we'll try and do it again.
I haven't had much luck at Rc Pro events, but not because of the car, the gate starts are, murder, LOL........Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:51 PM   #591
Tech Regular

Jim are you going to make a AD2 shell?
Sofast-NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:59 PM   #592
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Sgt_Morrow
Thanks, It's got to be the Jammin
If there's one thing I've learned, driver skill makes a HUGE difference whether one wins or loses. No doubt the car helps but in the hands of a novice, the best chassis can still finish dead last.
Congrats again on that awesome trophe!
Old 04-20-2005, 03:24 PM   #593
Tech Adept

I hope one of you guys could answer a question I cant seem to find the answer to. What is the caster with the A block and what is the caster with the B block? Im sure it is written somewhere but dont know where.
I had similar clutch problems with the shoes engaging to early causing a bog. A hint: dont use factory jammin shoes with mugen 1.0 springs, the combo allows the shoes to engage really early. That cost me a whole day of tuning woes.
JimMcClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 06:13 PM   #594
Tech Adept

I drove about every buggy out their and i sucked with them but with the Jammin it's just so easy to drive.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:58 PM   #595
Tech Elite

Sofast, the AD2 is on our list of bodies to do. I can't be sure how long at this time though.

Jim, I was told it is 17 with the A blocks and 20 with the B blocks......Most of the castor is in the machined steering hubs, not the actual castor blocks though, so looks are deceiving, since most look for a layed back castor block.

I've owned alot of different buggies and monster trucks....trust me, I hear about it at every race, LOL. But when I first got my X1 I was pretty hatin on it, not nearly as good as my MBX5 was.
But.....after sorting out the motor mount issue, the hinge pins and fixing the brake caliper spacing to stop the brakes from rubbing on the flywheel when applied, as well as some set up tweaks, it feels just as good as my MBX5, maybe better in the steering department and not quite as good in the rough sections, but really really good on high bite tracks.

Still driving that seems to be the key and the worst to best of the popular buggies are most likely within a few seconds of each other on the track after a 5 minute heat with the same driver, imo................It seems more important how well things are going for you on race day, then what brand buggy you race......Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
Old 04-21-2005, 06:38 PM   #596
Tech Elite

this is what i find and imagine, the design of front lower A/B block is seem like the rear antisquat plate.. maybe the A block is same as 1degree anti squat and the B block is same as the 0 degree antisquat plate. so do you think, instead of the origional plastic A/B block, can i use the 7075 alloy antisquat plate in the front

Last edited by arghh; 04-21-2005 at 06:45 PM.
arghh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 02:37 AM   #597
Tech Regular

Here in Australia the 2004 and 2005 national champion, who was sponsored by Mugen/ JP, has just announced he is now running Jammin X1 CR. Martin Wolhuter, formerly of the USA has seen the light
Qlder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 09:49 AM   #598
Tech Adept

I have seen the Light and it is Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2005, 04:51 PM   #599
Tech Elite

WOW, Martin "the Madman" Wolhuter has come over to the Jammn X1!.............Miracles will never cease!

Martin is Australian National Champion and Bobby Moore is Venezualin National Champion...............If a few more guys will leave the country i'll be U.S. National Champion, hehehehe........Wait, thats alot of guys that need to go.....oh well. LOL................>insert flames here<.

..........just havin some fun......., Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
Old 04-22-2005, 06:34 PM   #600
Tech Adept

LOL