Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

If only it was that easy! haha
Old 04-18-2005, 10:51 AM
Tech Adept

Is there optional caster blocks for the X1? I ran my new buggy this weekend for the first time and was very pleased with it. It is very durable and drove very good. I am running the stock setup but was looking for some more turn in and was wondering if they make 22 degree blocks for the jammin.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

Ah come on Aaron why dont you loan me one of yours.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Haha!

Jim - OFNA doesn't make any optional caster blocks. Looking for more turn-in? Try some more toe-out.

Maybe you're just not punched enough? haha
Old 04-18-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

sgt, a quote from a manufacturer when asked about sponsorships......"If you are getting calls from manufacturers, you'll be sponsored soon, if your calling them, you won't"..............unnamed at thier request.

I think anyone who can go to the nationals and make the A mains or who wins at the regional level may be able to get something going with a manufacturer.

If it matters, I still haven't heard from Ofna or Jammin, ...haha......, Jim
Old 04-18-2005, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Car manufacturers and the big companies are extremely hard to get in with..

..it's best to start small!
Old 04-18-2005, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah i know i dont expect to just go out and be fully sponsored. I would like to work small and work my way up. I was just saying if Aaron wanted to share that would be allright with me LOL. I dont want anything just givin to me i want to Earn it.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:51 PM
Tech Adept

sweet looking rig man!
Old 04-18-2005, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

many race result i've seen is won by kyosho, mugen or xb8, only a very little is jammin.. why...??? is it about the driver.. or the car.. or very little contender using jammin and a lot of contender using the others car in every race..
Old 04-18-2005, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

Here's a pic of my Jammin and setup:
1. Spektrum radio
2. RB MODS WS7II w/8.5mm venturi running 30% White Lightning.
3. OFNA 063 pipe for super bottom end.
4. Mugen Aluminum clutch w/1.1 springs for a high stall and lots of "squirt" from corner to corner.
5. Front and center torsion diffs.
6. Craddock anti-lock brakes.
7. 2.5 deg rear toe.
8. 1.5 deg front toe.
9. 1 deg anti-squat.
10. Shocks: 50 wt front/40 wt rear with #53 drilled pistons.
11. Rear diff oil: 2k (this may change)
12. Aluminum stays for wing and radio tray.
13. CNC B blocks in the front.
14. 1 piece motor mount.
15. Screw type hinge pins.
16. Aluminum center diff support on order.
17. Front A arms upper hole.
18. Rear camber links bottom hole.

I used the new Hudy Off Road Setup kit to set the front/rear camber and front toe. This thing is incredibly powerful and planted. I can throw it wherever I want and still feel in control. The torsion diffs are a super upgrade. Lots of steering into and out of corners. The torsion diffs, 1 deg anti-squat and WS7II make sure I'm 1st out of the gate and 1st into the 1st turn. The front torsion diff really pulls the car out of the turns. The 1 deg anti-squat also helps on rough tracks allowing you to get through a section with lots of small bumps quicker.
The setup is still a work in progress. But this is the fastest setup I've run to date.

Old 04-19-2005, 05:05 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Jim are your running the stock body on your Jammin or did you modfiy one of your Great Illuzion body's
Old 04-19-2005, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

arghh, those manufacturers have bigger teams, but the Ofna and Jammin buggies are up top too anyhow.......Besides, if it works for you, who cares what some guy who gets paid to race accomplishes with it, . I'd be more interested in whats happening at your local track and what does well or looks like it works well there?

Sgt, I used the stock body....for now, but we're working on some things.............I did mask off the scoop as a straight line to make the side windows bigger though, LOL..................Jim
Old 04-19-2005, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

slrguy...sweet ride....I just wish I had some airbrush skills....lol....hell I would settle for just having an airbrush to learn on!!!!

But seriously slrguy that is a tight buggy! I wish I would have gone with an RB WS7II instead of the Ofna 8 port race Hyper....oh well...its not like I cant go out and buy one...oh wait....well that is if I could budget it in.......

On a side note....this is probably a stupid question but how do you know when a clutch spring has gone out? Does the engine just stall, or does the car stay in constant forward motion...what are the tell tale signs its time to ditch those wimpy Ofna springs and go with the mugen ones.....And a side note to the side note has anyone tried the Werks Racing Clutch? And if so what pads are you using?
Old 04-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Default W.E.D. Jim..question

Oh and one more thing...W.E.D Jim..any eta on a body for the Jammin?
Old 04-19-2005, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by W.E.D.Jim
I'd be more interested in whats happening at your local track and what does well or looks like it works well there?
yeahh... that's the point. in our local track, for the first time i'd ever compete in racing and the only one x1cr among about 80 participant including hyper 7, kyosho, mugen, sacker, xb8 and ebs-3, i got top three in c-main. everybody is really impressed about this cars performance, very easy to drive and i can beat many old timer drivers easilly..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.