Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

That's what you use Loctie for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2005, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

has nothing to do with loctite. what good is the lock nuts if they spin inside the mount itself?
Old 03-31-2005, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Old 04-01-2005, 01:20 AM
Tech Elite

threaded or captured hinge pin.. which one more practical to use
Old 04-01-2005, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

threaded ones with lock nuts...
Old 04-01-2005, 08:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by the buggyman
has nothing to do with loctite. what good is the lock nuts if they spin inside the mount itself?
lock nut spin in the mount itself?? how wierd..
the best is still using the 1pc engine mount.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Sgt, as far as a J concepts Illuzion X1 body, we have one in the works. This is the busy season though and I can't be sure when we'll have it completed, but it shouldn't be too long.

As far as the stock mounts, I raced my car one race with them, tossed em in the trash and got the $50 or so one peice mount. On the origional mounts I also had the lock nut spinning in the lower mount the first time I tried to tighten them. I used loctite and nylon lock nuts with poor results.........Thier new mounts look WAY better then the cheapo channel material they had, so i'm glad to see Ofnas manufacturer isn't sitting around living with the problem..............As long as they make an effort to improve the little issues, i'll keep running the car. It's been a great performer so far.

Although lately there has been about 20 TTR Sponsored drivers popping up locally, LOL...........I'm waiting for Ofna to call me, hahaha......Jim
Old 04-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Default Engine troubles...

Hi all,

Would like to seek some advice....

I'm running an X1-CR pro kit with a Nova 421B turbo version. I have some trouble that is the engine will not be able to recover and dies if i overturn turn the car during one of those jumps...

Wondering if shortening the pressure line or lengthening the fuel line will help ???

Appreciate any advice.... Thanks...

Old 04-01-2005, 06:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

I would say to check you fuel tank to make sure it is completely sealed. I had one where the top swival lid had a very slight air leak. I put shoo goo around it to seal it and had no more problems.

Jim I was waiting for a call also from Ofna, but I think I will be waiting a looong time.
I do wish Jammin would do more of the partial sponsors like the TTR is doing though.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

If you have a clear fuel tank call ofna and they will send you a new tank. The new tank is a solid white color
Old 04-01-2005, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Engine troubles...

Originally posted by Bad Mika
Hi all,

Would like to seek some advice....

I'm running an X1-CR pro kit with a Nova 421B turbo version. I have some trouble that is the engine will not be able to recover and dies if i overturn turn the car during one of those jumps...

Wondering if shortening the pressure line or lengthening the fuel line will help ???

Appreciate any advice.... Thanks...

I had the same problem. You may have one of the early fuel tanks. There is a known problem with the lids not sealing on those and OFNA will send you one free if you can produce a receipt for the kit. The early tanks are relatively clear whereas the replacement is much more opaque.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Engine troubles...

Hi guys, thanks for the response...

I've just got my kit from the latest arrival shipment just about 1 month back and the tank should be the latest one. It's opaque in colour. But not solid white !

Anyway, will check through everything again for my next buggy session... Thanks anyway...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need to be stay alive from those ferocious jumps... Hee hee !!!

Old 04-04-2005, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default another new owner (soon)

Hi everyone! I took a year off from RC. I ran RC10 GT's for years and various 1/8 buggies - my last being a Mugen MBX-5 with a JP modified long stroke engine... sweet!

Anyway... a year off was enough and I'm back in! I recently finished building my Losi AD2 with Sirio S12SE and I can't wait to race it! Well, I found these forums while looking for AD2 info (and it's been a real help) and I've been reading this Jammin' thread with much interest... this hobby being the sickness that it is LOL - I ordered my pro kit today! I have the one-piece engine mount and the screw-in hinge pin set on the way as well and I'll have everything by Friday! I can't wait to start building the kit!

Before my Mugen I had a 9.5 Pro and I thought it was a quality kit but I could never get it to work that well... I feel confident that the Jammin' car will be a different story!

I haven't decided on my running gear yet but here's what I think will go in it:

RB WS7 II
Jammin' pipe
Hitec 5945 up front
Hitec 925 for throttle/brake

Glad to be joining the club!
Old 04-04-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

X-GTer, sounds like a great combo...I loved my WS7II!...Right now i'm running a Maxy Modified Mega 7 port Engine, what a rocket..............I actually need to go to a JP2, and 7mm restrictor(8mm now) to soften some bottom end, hahaha............, Jim
Old 04-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the reply Jim! I'll post back when I get the car built!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.