R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-22-2005, 12:47 AM   #466
Tech Elite

somewhere on a forrum, saw a race result that won by x1 leaving alot of prestigous brand in the back... nobody on that forrum is talking about the champ but many congrate the prestigous car which lost to the x1. seem like on their mind cannot accept what reality has been happen
arghh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 06:37 AM   #467
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I believe that was from the Xray forum and it was in Ohio. I think
the buggyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 07:53 AM   #468
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to nitro_tacklebox

Just getting finished with all the prep work on the buggy. The only things I have left to do is get the throttle and brake linkage put together and installed and I am ready to break it in. It has been a long build (mainly due to some medical issues with the wife) but well worth it. Very pleased with how the buggy has turned out. Now I should get it finished in time for a nice 3 day weekend of breaking it in and some tuning sessions to get it all figured out ready for some racing here in Dallas. thanks to all your help on the boards here I feel very confident that it will be very durable and ready to race!

-John
nitro_tacklebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:12 AM   #469
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Cool, if you run into anything problem wise, drop us a line and we'll try and help you out........let's bring all the X1's to the front, .......Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:39 AM   #470
Tech Adept

Default Which tire compound?

I need some new tires for my Jammin. I always thought, read and my own experience suggests that the more hard packed the track, the softer the tire compound. Amainhobbies.com tire section states just the opposite. Here's a quote: "The medium compound is the hardest compound and will provide the longest tire life and works best on hard packed, dry tracks with high traction. If the track is wetter or less hard packed, the soft compound tires will provide better grip with decent wear, but will generally wear faster than medium compound tires".
All the tracks where I race are hard packed, high traction. What's right?
slrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 05:57 PM   #471
Tech Elite

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by W.E.D.Jim
Cool, if you run into anything problem wise, drop us a line and we'll try and help you out........let's bring all the X1's to the front
and i will make sure that this x1cr thread is always on the top ten listing in this forrum whatsoever... te hehe
arghh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 07:48 AM   #472
Tech Regular

you and i both will work hard keeping it here arghh!!!

Dallas is in for an 80 degree day today and another one tomorrow...you can bet the second I get home today from work I will be wrenching getting everything finished up so I can do a little "testing" tomorrow...he he he....
Old 03-25-2005, 01:09 PM   #473
Tech Adept

Default Where do the black shock O rings go?

Where did you all put the top shock O ring? If you just put it on top of the shock, it wants to go inside the body with the oil. It looks too small to stretch over the shock body.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:07 PM   #474
Tech Adept

Default o-ring

there is a couple o-rings
one goes inside the threaded collar and the other goes over the top of the shock body at the bottom of the threads for the cap. It is used to seal the cap.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:04 PM   #475
Tech Adept

Default Re: o-ring

Quote:
Originally posted by the buggyman
there is a couple o-rings
one goes inside the threaded collar and the other goes over the top of the shock body at the bottom of the threads for the cap. It is used to seal the cap.
There is only one O ring that goes on the top of the shock. The part that goes inside the cap is the bladder. So the other one is the O ring that gets stretched over the shock body?
Old 03-26-2005, 06:23 AM   #476
Tech Adept

yes part number 40090 is a seal that goes over the top of the shock body and seats at the bottom of the threads for the cap. this seal is used to seal the shock cap.
seal number 40059 goes inside the spring adjuster collar to keep the collar from loosing its adjustment.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:56 AM   #477
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by the buggyman
yes part number 40090 is a seal that goes over the top of the shock body and seats at the bottom of the threads for the cap. this seal is used to seal the shock cap.
seal number 40059 goes inside the spring adjuster collar to keep the collar from loosing its adjustment.
Thanks buggyman. I bought 2 packs of 40090 from nitrohouse.com which is the shock seal kit for 2 shocks that also contains the small red O rings, white spacers and retainer clips that go on the lower end of the shock body. However, the top black O rings weren't in the package. I called nitrohouse and they said they've gotten lots of complaints about the missing O rings and are contacting OFNA about this. They're sending me some O rings by snail mail.
If you guys buy the 40090 kit from your lhs, make sure the black O rings are there.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:59 PM   #478
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Is this a good price?

Hi all.
Doing my research before purchasing a buggy. Is this a good price for the CR

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...965471203&rd=1

If anyone knows of some where cheaper, I'd love to know.
Cheers
Rumage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 02:02 PM   #479
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Rumage, that is a great price, but don't forget to take into acount the shipping, it is $490 all together..........I bought mine thru the local hobby shop for less then $500 and it didn't take two weeks for delivery, not to mention he has helped with other things for the car since, ...............................Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 02:07 PM   #480
Tech Regular

Got my car running this weekend, although the fun Dallas weather turned into rain until about 4 in the afternoon on Sunday....at least I was able to break in the engine. I took some pics of the car and should be posting them very shortly.

I cant wait to see what this thing has out on the track!