R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-26-2004, 09:59 AM   #31
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I understand that Ofna is going to renease a next gen. Hyper. It is supposedly the car that got DQ'd after TQing the worlds for a fuel tank size voilation. The driver was in a whole different league from the rest of the race but that happens, he could have just been super dialed.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 10:04 AM   #32
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Aaron, I know that the main reason for Mugen and Kyosho's popularity stems from parts and materials quality. Do you think that the Taiwanese products are at that level of quality yet?
I always hear about "this gear being soft or those outdrives wearing fast" on some of those "other" buggies. That's what got me to find a deal on a Mugen instead of the PRP swift which would have been half the cost.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:58 AM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mugen9112

the taiwanese manufacturing quality is not up to that of mugen of kyosho. however it is very close!
Mugen9112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:21 PM   #34
Tech Elite

DavidKa - Jay went to Taiwan to inspect everything that will be making the parts for the new car as well as the materials that will be used.

And if you know Jay..he won't put his name on anything unless it's way super dope
Old 10-26-2004, 08:41 PM   #35
jas
Tech Apprentice

Taiwan is very good at manufacturing stuff. You want it good, they make it good. You want it cheap, they make it cheap. It all depends on how much the companies are willing to pay for the production, material, etc.
jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 09:36 AM   #36
jas
Tech Apprentice

Mugen parts are produced in Taiwan. So as some Kyosho and HPI product lines.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mugen9112
the taiwanese manufacturing quality is not up to that of mugen of kyosho. however it is very close!
jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 11:38 AM   #37
Tech Rookie

How much do I have to edit the post in order for you to stop deleting it Aaron? Ho Bao ( manufacturer of the Hyper 7) makes some parts for Kyosho 777.

For some reason Team Jammin( I don't understand why) want's to be seperated from OFNA but yet they are all Ultimately paid by OFNA as OFNA owns Jammin Products.

So Aaron, I have a question for you...if I get a Jammin product ( not likely) but say I do and I have problems with it...who do I call..Jammin or OFNA? Actually let me go one step further ....what makes this kit better than the others and what makes it better than say a 9.5 or Hyper 7..and how does it compare in relation to price and option parts vs..what comes with each kit? You might sell me here so please enlighten me.

Last edited by Exposure; 10-27-2004 at 11:54 AM.
Exposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 11:51 AM   #38
Tech Fanatic

Exposure- i would think that jammin has a extension when you call the ofna phone line, or maybe it has its own number. ????not to sure
Old 10-27-2004, 11:56 AM   #39
Tech Rookie

But why would OFNA be responsible for a kit that Jammin has made a point to push out as being not an OFNA product. But yet the kits are being manufactured by Hong Nor? Why the seperation? Why is OFNA letting this happen?
Old 10-27-2004, 01:21 PM   #40
Tech Elite

I haven't been made aware of any separation between OFNA and Jammin' Products. I am not sure where this rumor came from or who/what started it, so I'm not really able to help you.

Both OFNA and Jammin' will be able to answer any questions about your car.

Car designs evolve. The Hyper team will be coming out with the new Hyper car as they have learned from their experiences with the very successful Hyper 7 as an evolution of their racing efforts. The new Jammin' X-1 CR is an evolution of the 9.5 team for the same reasons..a race team cannot rest with "good enough", and they must keep developing new products.

I'm not familiar with the Hyper 7 line of cars or their features so it is impossible for me to make a comparison for you. I have one of the X-1 CR production kits and I can tell you that it went together very nice. The molded plastic parts, graphite top deck, and hard anodized aluminum pieces look very trick and I can't wait to go get this thing dirty
Old 10-27-2004, 01:36 PM   #41
Tech Rookie

The "seperation" as Derek mentioned that Jay was very sensitive about it being a Jammin product and not an OFNA Product....why is he sensitive to this....wouldn't it be in Jammin's best interest to exploit the fact that they are owned and supported by OFNA?

You did forget one answer though..if you could get that for me...

Why should I buy this buggy over say a 9.5 or a Hyper..i know you havn't had any experience with them......what makes this car so special, "Super Dope" as you pointed out it in earlier posts? As I have driven Paul Coleman Hyper W04 and found it to be super stable everywhere and also very hard to get in touble with...Cmon' now give me the dirt.....and the low down... You've got my interest....but not fully!

Last edited by Aaron Waldron; 10-27-2004 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-27-2004, 02:04 PM   #42
Tech Elite

The Hyper buggy is a great racing platform and has been a capable buggy since its inception. Anyone who saw Aigion's Hyper at the Worlds knows what it's capable of..

The Jammin' car isn't better or worse than the Hyper in any general manner, it just does a few things different is all. Either one of the cars will be more right for someone's driving style, just like anything.

Jay said in his interview with Car Action that he spent quite a bit of time testing and comparing his designs with the other cars on the market, and specifically noted the Kyosho car and its stability in rough sections of the track. I believe the Jammin' buggy excels on rougher surfaces and larger jumps, which seems to be the trend in tracks throughout much of the United States.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:03 PM   #43
Tech Fanatic

is the x-1 cr going to have a bad center of gravity like the 9.5 did? one of th biggest faults of the 9.5 was that nothing was close to the centerline of the chasis. there was a huge gap between the radio tray and the center drive shafts.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:46 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Nope! The new car has a very low polar moment of inertia and everything sits very low and close to the center line. Everything is very compact and held tightly together, but it's still easy to get to.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:21 AM   #45
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Before we begin I have no experience with gas cars, I'm just interested in the debate.

This kind of thing happens all the time in real life.

For example Ford owns Mazda, Lincoln, Mercury, Volvo, Jaguar, and Aston Martin. They market many different lines of competing products. You don't see Volvo's being sold on the Ford lot because its marketing. Volvo has a marketing plan and image to uphold for consumers. Maybe this perceived seperation is just the result of the marketing machine. It's easier to create a buzz over the fresh new thing rather than version 22 of an old item.

I don't understand why it matters who sells a R/C car unless you have something against one specific company and want to avoid them at all costs.

As far as copying successful vehicles. Duh! Manufacturers in all industries benefit from one another's mistakes and successes.

And finally, when posting on a board moderated by a team driver of a product what answers are you expecting he will give? Double Duh!

It seems like the only "exposure" you need is attention for yourself.
Rysuleod is offline   Reply With Quote