R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-14-2008, 04:09 AM   #4366
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfreak View Post
Can you tell me why you need all that lighten stuff?? Most all off road engines sold now have more power than a car track or driver can handle so why would you need all the lighten drive line stuff it just wear out that much quicker. As for a lighten chassis don't understand that either why would you lighten the item of the car that sits the lowest of any thing. The car is already fairly light to begin with. And again most motors supply more than enough power.

The only viable option you said would be the rear alminum up rights and center diff mount. The rest is crap for poeple like you that think that you need it to go fast but it doesn't make you any faster.

Whats the price difference between the Mugen and the Jammin that makes a bit of a difference and what does it matter if the Jammin handles better.
wow, didnt think I would get a reply like this, but anyway, the lightened chassis has more flex in it and greatly improves the handling of the car, the lightened outdrives and diff pins reduce the rotational mass and adds 30-45 secs of run time per tank of fuel which some races (6min qualifiers RCPRO) with strange weather you might be the only one that makes it a full 6mins, and still used the whole engine the whole time, and not babied it so you finish all 6min. It also helps in cutting out pit stops when the weather is good for 2cylce engines.
yes I preach the practice thing too to the new guys that want to buy all those hop ups on the market and think it will help them go faster, especially those high dollar engines out there, alot of those are a waste unless you can really really drive and cost verses performance aint worth it, but for me I am looking to shave 1-2 secs of a lap somewhere to be faster, and hang with some of the stupid fast guys. I know first hand I will never be as fast as the pro drivers and why Pro drivers are Pro, Jared Tebo is stupid fast on fire, I cant even process the speed he carries on the track at a club race. I would like to see him in a sponcered big race sometime. Several other Pro drivers from Jammin and Losi are in this area too and they all blow my mind at the speed they carry.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:18 AM   #4367
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cheesecake

well after deciding that i might as well run the crt im picking up another one for my dad and keeping the one i have i cant wait to get my crt on the track this weekend. its currently powered by a go 5 port witha msr1005 pipe and ready to go.

cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:19 PM   #4368
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMSRacing View Post
wow, didnt think I would get a reply like this, but anyway, the lightened chassis has more flex in it and greatly improves the handling of the car, the lightened outdrives and diff pins reduce the rotational mass and adds 30-45 secs of run time per tank of fuel which some races (6min qualifiers RCPRO) with strange weather you might be the only one that makes it a full 6mins, and still used the whole engine the whole time, and not babied it so you finish all 6min. It also helps in cutting out pit stops when the weather is good for 2cylce engines.
yes I preach the practice thing too to the new guys that want to buy all those hop ups on the market and think it will help them go faster, especially those high dollar engines out there, alot of those are a waste unless you can really really drive and cost verses performance aint worth it, but for me I am looking to shave 1-2 secs of a lap somewhere to be faster, and hang with some of the stupid fast guys. I know first hand I will never be as fast as the pro drivers and why Pro drivers are Pro, Jared Tebo is stupid fast on fire, I cant even process the speed he carries on the track at a club race. I would like to see him in a sponcered big race sometime. Several other Pro drivers from Jammin and Losi are in this area too and they all blow my mind at the speed they carry.
Yup!! Same feeling here, man!! I can hardly watch them drive that fast!! heehehehe. Envy, envy, envy!!!

And yes, all those gadgets you mentioned are interesting, every little bit counts when you're trying to improve 1 sec per lap....so many toys, so little time/money!!

I think the lightened drive train parts are probably the most interesting (I've got alot of the other stuff already). let me know if you can really tell a difference in any area: lower lap time, more punch, better gas "mileage", etc.

Greetings, DR Z
TEAM www.fisio-sport.com
(Valencia, Spain)
DR ZAIRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:30 PM   #4369
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
I think the lightened drive train parts are probably the most interesting (I've got alot of the other stuff already). let me know if you can really tell a difference in any area: lower lap time, more punch, better gas "mileage", etc.
I have been using the lightened outdrives all around and have experienced impressive differences in all three of the above mentioned areas. However I think it could also be the placebo effect.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:41 PM   #4370
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I took 5 ounces off my x1-cr buggy this winter(off the rolling chassis only!). Its down to about 7 lbs 10oz now, ready to go except fuel. Look at all the new buggies coming out, none of them are getting heavier
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:35 PM   #4371
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to infanterene

I put the light weight drive train on my x1x. The out drives are 1gram lighter. I used kyosho light weight driveshafts which felt maybe 3-5grams lighter each. I also used the hyper 8.5 aluminun front/center drive shaft.

I noticed more punch but zero improvement in runtime.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:05 AM   #4372
Tech Elite

Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have the orginal X1-CR and have added many things to it to try. In the past 4 years, the biggest improvment was the Team Lightened chassis, then I added the Big Bores 13mm, not much difference, then the PBS system, fought that for 3 months until I put the Mugen MBX5R tie rods and spindles on it and set it up just like a Mugen MBX5R, it has alot more turn in than the Stock Jammin now for sure now, but is alot less stable jumping and landing, works great on a tight twisted track with little jumps, then I added the spiral cut gears, Alum. diff pins, lightened out drives, and seen a massive improved punch and added run time, enough punch that I increased the pinion to a 14 tooth from the 13 I had been running to kill some punch so my boy can drive it. My boy is 9 and I just let him start racing this year nitro with that car and he has won every sportman club race at our track, I sure cant say that about myself in the expert class. But I have had a bad luck run so far this year, Murphy Law has cursed me. The Mugen kept breaking, and I put the X1X together in 4.5 hrs, borrowed a wing and body, threw it on the track, got some set up on it during the heats, Love the new 16mm shocks, and in the main my reciever lost it bind with my radio, never seen a Spectrum do that before. But before it died I had the fastest lap times of this year on that track. So this Saturday should be alright.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:55 PM   #4373
Tech Adept

...and to think there's people that still say this buggy doesn't rock!!!
TEAM www.fisio-sport.com
(Valencia, Spain)
DR ZAIRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 03:22 PM   #4374
Tech Initiate

I have a X1 CRT and I was doing some looking and I have a question for you guys. Has anyone used a diffs from like a mugen or something else in there CRT.
NV_RATTLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:31 AM   #4375
Tech Regular

I am using a spider diff from the hyper 7 for the front of my CR. Should work with the CRT. just use the pinion of the hyper7 as well.
Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:12 AM   #4376
ALG
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR ZAIRUS View Post
Yup!! Same feeling here, man!! I can hardly watch them drive that fast!! heehehehe. Envy, envy, envy!!!

And yes, all those gadgets you mentioned are interesting, every little bit counts when you're trying to improve 1 sec per lap....so many toys, so little time/money!!

Greetings, DR Z
one thing to drive faster is to think and act faster; you need to be more alert and "drive" the car not the car "drives you".
I will try REDBULL on my next race an see how it goes!!! "it gives you wings"

Have fun and stay alert when driving!!
ALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:26 AM   #4377
ALG
Tech Regular

Where can I take out weight of my X1X????

What parts do you recomend for my "loose weight" proyect?
what is a "perfect" weight for our cars?

Have fun,
ALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #4378
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALG View Post
one thing to drive faster is to think and act faster; you need to be more alert and "drive" the car not the car "drives you".
I will try REDBULL on my next race an see how it goes!!! "it gives you wings"

Have fun and stay alert when driving!!
REDBULL thats a good one Mate. The best tips so far. Got to stay awake on the driver stand, you know

good one good one
Old 05-20-2008, 06:40 AM   #4379
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
REDBULL thats a good one Mate. The best tips so far. Got to stay awake on the driver stand, you know

good one good one
it makes you twitchy actually. not good for EP TC racing!
Old 05-22-2008, 12:07 AM   #4380
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Whats up peeps....on the rear hubs on the jammin x1cr fte, im getting some wheel wobble, I checked and cleaned the bearings, the unis are new, what might work to fix the wobble? Thanks.

STICKY⭐️KICKS | OC_RC RACEWAY
Seven1Four is offline   Reply With Quote