Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cheesecake

will do....i just cant wait to get it installed
cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:49 AM   #4187
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Probably one of the dumbest questions to hit this forum...but

I just recently purchased a JAmmin CRT with BCE chassis and braces.

I know alot of newer things have came out since.

If this truggy still competitive or should i learn a little with it and move on?

I have been fairing decent through the winter with my electric offroad stuff. And i had ran 1/10th scale trucks a few years ago.

Just wondering if this truck is close in capabilities with some of the newer platforms.

Thanks
OWTKAST cpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:56 AM   #4188
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

that truck will take you to the big show all day...........get the latest updated parts to make it even better. The truck is not outdated.

16mm super big bores: Fronts - OFN41001 / Rears - OFN41002 (More consistent handling over long runs,Higher speeds over bumps and ruts, More corner speed, More consistent jumping over jumps as well as jumps that are rutted up, Less likely to traction roll due to high traction, and rutted conditions)

updated rear hubs: OFN40540 (These are the updated, stronger version of the rear hubs, which have more material around the hinge pin, to handle the larger weight of the X1-CRT trucks)

updated radio box - OFN40541 (This is the new updated receiver box, that has a hump in the battery box lid so you can fit AA style battery packs in your vehicle)

updated servo saver: OFN40625 (This servo saver features the adjusment nut on the top of the assembly to allow for faster and easier adjustments, and more responsive steering)

lightened outdrive cups: Front and rear - OFN40596 / Center - OFN40605 (The lighter weight outdrive cups can be used to lower the rotational mass of the drive train to increase the acceleration of the buggy out of corners)

lightened spur: OFN40629 (This version is lightened to provide less rotating mass in the drive train and higher acceleration)

ring/pinions: OFN40626 (The gear set is made of a special material that greatly reduces tooth wear plus adding life and reliability. Special attention has been paid to the tooth shape and gear mesh too reduce friction. Recently completed testing by Jay Halsey and Chad Bradley found increased performance in speed and handling)

Last edited by pwnzor; 01-15-2008 at 09:26 AM.
pwnzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:04 AM   #4189
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

does anybody happen to remember the box-stock shock oil weights for the original X1CR? I would like to know stock diff oils too. Thanks

I am bringing my rig back to box stock setup so I can have a fresh start this coming season.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:46 AM   #4190
Tech Elite

Thanks for the input

I bought this off a local guy. I have a couple bags full of parts. An there is another "spur gear" and other drivetrain parts in there.

I know it has some additonal braces and things also from BCE.

Any links to thread showing what the newer stuff looks like?

I know i dont have the big bores. I will probably run the truck as is for now until I get the hang of it.

Thanks for the input.

Chase
Old 01-15-2008, 02:23 PM   #4191
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have 1 race buggy and 1 parts car and boxes fulls of parts for sale.
Race buggy has Boca Bearings Green Seals through out, chassis was replaced 2 race ago, and has super big bores.

PM if your intrested and we can work something out
Old 01-15-2008, 02:39 PM   #4192
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRCaddict View Post
I have 1 race buggy and 1 parts car and boxes fulls of parts for sale.
Race buggy has Boca Bearings Green Seals through out, chassis was replaced 2 race ago, and has super big bores.
pm sent
8ightScale/CJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:55 PM   #4193
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=adam lancia;4064627]DR ZAIRUS: Those are Mugen soft (blue) and medium (grey) springs. For oil I would start with 45 up front and 35 in the rear with the stock pistons and blue springs.QUOTE]

Thanks!! I suspect those are the springs too.

This weekend I tried the blue springs with 50 / 45 oils, as the track was a bit more rutted and bumpy. I must say the handling was excellent.

Maybe also because I changed my regular 3 shoe clutch for a Fioroni turbo slide, rear toe-in from 2'5 to 3 (more stability on gas on straights and exiting curves), anti-squat from 2 to 1 (takes bumps better on gas) and ackermann from middle to front hole (for tighter steering).

All of these changes made the car easier and faster to drive. A shame my fly wheel became lose...I guess the cone is worn out and needs replacing!!

It's soooo cool to finally begin to feel how changes afect the car's ahndling, especially when you get the result you where expecting!! hehehe
TEAM www.fisio-sport.com
(Valencia, Spain)
DR ZAIRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:03 PM   #4194
Tech Master

pbs should be here tommorow. hopefully the super big bores come in also if not ill have to race it 1 more time without them. ill get some pictures once i get the buggy back together its currently in many pieces getting rebuilt. im going to run chad bradleys setup for revalation when i get everything together im running all plastic lower and upper blocks plastic rear block and back to plastic wint stay posts to lighten the buggy also going back to the carbon fiber top plate because i cant use the king headz with the pbs. next is the lightend outdrives and spur gear. cant wait to get this thing to the track when its all done
Old 01-16-2008, 10:04 PM   #4195
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWTKAST cpt View Post
Probably one of the dumbest questions to hit this forum...but

I just recently purchased a JAmmin CRT with BCE chassis and braces.

I know alot of newer things have came out since.

If this truggy still competitive or should i learn a little with it and move on?

I have been fairing decent through the winter with my electric offroad stuff. And i had ran 1/10th scale trucks a few years ago.

Just wondering if this truck is close in capabilities with some of the newer platforms.

Thanks
dont buy the updated rear hubs buy a set of aluminum hubs for the truggy one good side hit and the plastic stretches.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:05 PM   #4196
Tech Master

oh and for all of you x1 crt guys im going to be doing some test fitting for a pillowball steering setup on that also. so i will have some pictures and hopefully a converted truck in the next few weeks
Old 01-16-2008, 11:05 PM   #4197
Tech Elite

cheesecake-

Are you in central or northern IL???

Do you ever go to leisure hours???

I was thinking of trying to go up there sometime as soon as i know my CRT will run.

Thanks
Old 01-16-2008, 11:20 PM   #4198
Tech Master

ive been to leisure hours the last 2 weekends in a row. i live in Elgin wich isnt to far from schaumburg im about an hour from leisure hours. its a great racing facility dont hesitate to ask any questions if you need help getting your crt ready
Old 01-17-2008, 07:43 AM   #4199
Tech Elite

Cheesecake- Sounds good. I am hoping to go there in a week and a half to practice. Its around a 3 hour drive for me.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:31 PM   #4200
Tech Master

pillowball setup is complete. i will have pictures after the weekend