R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-02-2005, 06:51 PM   #406
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

lmslms, be careful who you get advice from, since anytime someone uses a droop screw to set ride hieght they will end up with a car that has no chassis roll in the corners and is super poor in any bumps or jumps, etc.

As a rule of thumb, the rougher the track is, or the lower the available traction, the higher you'll want the droop settings(45mm droop vs 35mm, etc). The smoother and more traction, as long as there aren't big air style jumps, less droop(setting screw turned in a bit).

The droop basically controls available weight transfer and camber change, etc., thru suspension limiting.

Ride hieght is the bench setting for ground clearance, weight bias and it should be set before final adjustments of camber and toe.

arghh, i'll chime in, ....I dremeled a portion of the corner to a 45 angle, just to keep it from digging into the a arms, which should help them live longer............Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 08:34 PM   #407
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by W.E.D.Jim

I dremeled a portion of the corner to a 45 angle, just to keep it from digging into the a arms, which should help them live longer............Jim [/B]
so this will increase the droop a little more. overall, do you use your droop limiter screw
arghh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 08:53 PM   #408
Tech Apprentice

WEDJIM, I wasn't believing what I was being told about the droop screws. There are some very well respected folks that post on this thread, and I figured I would get an honest opinion here. If you and aw suggested setting ride height by the droop screws, this thread would have grown with questions.

I'll admit, I did try and set rid height with the droop screws, but it never left my work bench set up like that.

I am super pleased with the Jammin. The thing is a rocket out of the box. Definately better handling than the driver is.
lmslms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 01:13 AM   #409
Tech Elite

Hahaha..don't worry..I'm struggling with that last part too!

I try to run as little droop as possible..as less droop helps with corner speed.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:01 AM   #410
Tech Elite

arghh, Like Aaron, I use only what is needed. Rough 1/8th scale tracks get max droop, which is the screw just lifting the arm off the chassis a hair. Smooth, or technical tracks, where corner speed is critical, get less droop, since the car will transition much faster with less droop, kind of like an on-road car.....well, almost, LOL.

Remember also, check your setting from side to side to make sure the car will handle consistently. This is easily overlooked in a monster buggy with too much power, but it does matter. I use a flat surface to hold the car up with the tires, all 4, just off the surface. This will show you if any one is way off. Then, afterwards you can check by raising the car in the center of either end until the tires come off the ground, just barely. If one raises off first, lower it's droop setting, or raise the later side to get the amount you want.

On road guys will be familiar with all this stuff, LOL.......

lmslms, cool, I just think it's better to hear it twice, then not to hear it at all, haha..............................ttyl, Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
Old 03-03-2005, 07:17 AM   #411
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to stebog

Aaron, couple of questions about the Jammin body.

First is the price in the manual a typo? $59.95 for #40544

Second is it available yet? I tried to order one on Monday and my LHS couldn't find it at Horizon or Great Planes.
stebog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:40 AM   #412
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by stebog
Aaron, couple of questions about the Jammin body.

First is the price in the manual a typo? $59.95 for #40544

Second is it available yet? I tried to order one on Monday and my LHS couldn't find it at Horizon or Great Planes.
Try nitrohouse.com. They show that part # at $42.46.
slrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:00 AM   #413
Tech Rookie

I e-mailed jammin' products about a week and a half ago about the outrageous price on the x1cr clear body. They told me the reason the price was so high was because they were shipping the materials overseas. Once the bodies were formed they were shipped back and it was due to tarrifs and such that the price was so high. They told me they would have a machine up and running soon here in the states and that the price should come down. I was told to call nitrohouse for an updated price. Nitrohouse said the price would remain the same until they started recieving the new product. I ordered a body through my lhs and just got it yesterday and the price was only $32.00. I think it's the new body because of the price and it seems to be thicker. I would say it jumped from .050 to .060 clear lexan.
ultranewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 11:31 AM   #414
Tech Elite

Ya, you can call NitroHouse, they have everything Ofna in stock...which makes sense, since Ofna owns NitroHouse, LOL...I've gotten a bunch of stuff from them nobody else had available.

Maybe it's more profitable to sell retail then wholesale to another retailer, ?

Kind of like buying Kyosho stuff from Great Planes, or from your local retailer, who bought it from great planes, who own tower hobbies.

As long as somebody has the parts, thats the most important thing............hahaha, Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
Old 03-03-2005, 05:53 PM   #415
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile Jammin

well just ordered my second Jammin, might need it for the state race in Tampa. I ran the track yesterday for about five hours and I will just say we will need plenty of marshals.
Jim will a Jconcepts body be in the future for the Jammin?
the buggyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 10:32 PM   #416
Tech Elite

Sounds good
Old 03-04-2005, 05:15 AM   #417
Tech Elite

Buggyman, ya we are working on one for it. The stock body is probably the best looking kit body i've seen, but it can still be made better and the kit body costs alot of cheez!

I guess Tampa made thier typical(as of late) 8 foot lanes, tight turns off the high speed sections, jump over the corner pipes type of track? LOL............It's always pretty good there though anyway, we'll see....see you there, Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
Old 03-04-2005, 08:58 AM   #418
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default track

Ya Jim it is big jump slam brakes and do 180 about three times. the woops section is "fun" also. But who knows it may change a little here and there. See ya there.
the buggyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:54 PM   #419
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to stebog

I didn't want to thread crap because some good info was posted after my question but I'm gonna do it anyway.

Thanks Ultranewb for the answer on the body.
stebog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 06:55 AM   #420
Tech Adept

Does the big Sway bar go in the front or rear on the Jammin X1
Sgt_Morrow is offline   Reply With Quote