Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 07:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi jerseyboy...
been out of this rc for a long time... just for info, got baby twins at home already

wow, got big shock now... man im really out of touch. From what I read, taylor use them and win something... i miss the full report on that.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jfc_tech
Hi jerseyboy...
been out of this rc for a long time... just for info, got baby twins at home already

wow, got big shock now... man im really out of touch. From what I read, taylor use them and win something... i miss the full report on that.

TWINS !!!! ... man congratulations ... you've been blessed too bad you will not have much time to sleep, my baby borned by May 17th and he is a night little man, hates to sleep during the night so mom and dad always end awake whole night

My Doughter + little baby and my wife with the baby :

cya !!
Old 09-11-2007, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks Tabushi.. yeah... the twins seems to like night than the daytime to entertain us.. hahahaha. Same case here.. sleepless night... add with my 3 yrs old son, havoc in the house.

my jammin hasn't seen the light since 3 months ago. All rc stuffs in the store. Hahaha.

My son Josh, twin boys - Preston and Presley

Im still online now GMT+8hrs on standby..
Old 09-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Taylor James won the ROAR Truck Nats with his Proto X2-CRT. Losi sized tires/wheels, new chassis, shocks...
Old 09-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

I'm pretty sure the Mugen spur gear will not fit the Jammin. You want the Hyper or Kyosho spur gears if not the Jammin.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hansarvin
I raced my Jammin X1 CR at Rivercity raceway for the Pro series state finals in Illinois. I ran my first qualifier and I stripped a clutch bell a little more than half way through. I got it fixed and ran my whole second qualifier and it was great everywhere but the turns and my third qualifier I popped the end off the turnbuckle. I'm just wondering a good set-up to get it to pivot right around. Part of it might have been the servo (Hitec 645 Mg) but I'm not sure. I was so mad at my Jammin I switched to my Mugen but didn't get it done in time for my main

Thanks
Gary
Old 09-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

thanx Windell. found a meugen in gr8 shape for 18.00 shipped. was hopeing. i ll look for the Hyper or Kyosho for comparrison. watching a few new cd for the jammin for just under 30 for the full diff.

anyone else maybe confirm the option for spur gears?

Thanx again
Timmahh
Old 09-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmahh
thanx Windell. found a meugen in gr8 shape for 18.00 shipped. was hopeing. i ll look for the Hyper or Kyosho for comparrison. watching a few new cd for the jammin for just under 30 for the full diff.

anyone else maybe confirm the option for spur gears?

Thanx again
Timmahh

I use the light weight kyosho spur gear on mine . I use a 48 or a 50t. And you can get them from amain.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Suspended

Sorry bout the nub ?s. if were were talking Baja 5Bs, we'd be in business. but not so much on the 1/8th scale buggys.

Sweet, good info. i was unsure if the profile of the teeth were mostly the same or not.

So, a few more if you all dont mind.
is there also a heavier spur made? or flywheel maybe? currently im running the Jammin JPX .21 with os 2050 ( pipe i got with it, maybe a 2060?) but thinking of going to the JP1. heard its a fairly beefy lowend pipe.

so i may want a heavier spur/flywheel over stock, to tame down the spool up and gain a bit of thrroatle response and hold the PB longer.

where the C diffs are concerned, can the whole diff be changed to a Kyosho.
and last, any hyper series ( considering it ofna i think yes) or a specific one?

Thanx much for helping me out here.
Timmahh
Old 09-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Tabushi.. yeah... the twins seems to like night than the daytime to entertain us.. hahahaha. Same case here.. sleepless night... add with my 3 yrs old son, havoc in the house.

my jammin hasn't seen the light since 3 months ago. All rc stuffs in the store. Hahaha.

My son Josh, twin boys - Preston and Presley

Im still online now GMT+8hrs on standby..

Congratulations Joneh. Double trouble. Hope everything of the best with the twins. Nice to hear from you.

Tabushi same to you and your beautifull family.

My son was born on the 2oth of August weighing a healthy 3.240Kg.
Here's a pic of baby and my 3 boys together.
Attached Thumbnails Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-yazeed1.jpg   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-boys.jpg  

Last edited by Jerseyboy; 09-11-2007 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

You can use a Kyosho center diff and spur no problem. If you want to use the front or rear Kyosho diff you will probably want to also use the Kyosho pinion gear. Also Kyosho outdrives use a different size pin than the Jammin so you will probably have to use Kyosho internal diff gears and shafts if you want to use Kyosho outdrives.

You have a couple of options if you feel you have too much bottom end with your engine. You can try lighter clutch springs. You can use a Kyosho 46t spur gear. You can try a 14t clutch bell.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Suspended

sweet, thanx for the info. exactly what i was looking for.

and Grats on the new members of the Families!@!!!

my lil one turns 16 this coming Tuesday.
they are never small enough for LONG. lol
Old 09-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by AZRCaddict
Taylor James won the ROAR Truck Nats with his Proto X2-CRT. Losi sized tires/wheels, new chassis, shocks...
Thanks AZRCaddict for the info. Now if only i can find the whole story and picture that would be nice

Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
Congratulations Joneh. Double trouble. Hope everything of the best with the twins. Nice to hear from you.

Tabushi same to you and your beautifull family.

My son was born on the 2oth of August weighing a healthy 3.240Kg.
Here's a pic of baby and my 3 boys together.
Yeah... let me correct that.. its triple trouble. the elder one still disaster to handle.

Congrats on yours. now we're the same... all boys
Old 09-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Sorry, let me clarify. I use a kyosho spur gear on a jammin diff. that way you dont have to change the pins and outdrives. Hope this helps.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Suspended

Thanx, i got that. but cool of you to be sure i understood!

T

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.