Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Jammin X1 - so close yet so far >

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Old 08-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmahh
i got a few tanks thru with the red springs on b4 the only glow i have for it died on me. whats a good turbo plug to get for the JPX Jammin .21? i ll need to get a few.

but i can tell it was a firmer ride with the red spings just running thru the yard.
on all grass, with really good hook up, i could see the rear end diffing out a bit occasionally. im not sure how its set up atm as i just got it, but can find out.

track i ll typcically wil be running on is almost all clay, very hard!! even when its sprayed down, its hard. i mean hard. lol any suggestions on diff/susspension setups. being as hard as it is, and its pretty raw condition, i ll probably end up putting the yellow springs back on in the end.

no races yesterday, so i just drove a imaginary track in the yard till the glow plug blew, then i pulled out the Baja 5B and proceded or really set up a track by tearing out all sorts of grass onlong the path. lol

Timmahh
Timmahh,

Leave the red springs on the car. Like I said, the yellows should only be used if it's REALLY rough. I'd suggest using the Mugen Blues though if it gets rough. My local track is composed of hard red clay and I use Chad Bradley's V2 setup. No variations. The only thing that I've changed is the shock oil when the temps get over 80 degrees (per the setup sheet) and the preload on the rear sway bar if it gets mega dry. More preload helps the rear of the car slide(loose feeling) more when it's dry. His setup also suggests to change the center diff oil to 5k if the track gets rough, I haven't had to do that yet though. Put Chad's setup on the car and you'll really enjoy this car. Like I said, don't deviate from it and you'll have a very fast car. And if you're anything like me.......it'll be faster than your driving ability

Go here to www.jamminproducts.com and you can find the setups from there.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I've been using the OS P3 plugs or the O'Donnell 99T plugs. I have stuck with the 99T's strictly because of the price difference at my LHS. They are working great so far.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
a hot plug for a BB really???
Got that info straight from Jay Halsey himself.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i beleave you its just weird....my Werks B7 doesnt even run for crap on a OS P7 medium...the plug only last for a few tanks if it even last that long...
Old 08-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
i beleave you its just weird....my Werks B7 doesnt even run for crap on a OS P7 medium...the plug only last for a few tanks if it even last that long...
I've been running a hot plug in all my Piccos I've had and they work flawless.
(JPX is a Picco)
Old 08-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
I've been using the OS P3 plugs or the O'Donnell 99T plugs. I have stuck with the 99T's strictly because of the price difference at my LHS. They are working great so far.
isnt the OD 99T a cold turbo plug, and the OS P3 a hot turbo plug???

doesnt that make for a huge difference in timing???

sorry for the stupid questions...im up on the standard plugs, but not so good with the turbo plugs yet....
Old 08-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

The 99's are a little hotter. The P3 is an Ultra hot and the 99T is a medium. You could also run a 77T. That should yeild the same results as the P3. But to be honest, I don't notice much of a difference between the 99t and the P3. I was running the 97T's with good luck as well.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

What a Hectic race I had yesterday. Finally after all the rain we had a good weekend and I was dying to race my X1 buggy and truggy.
Anyways this is as the day went.
I started of with a very thick diff oil setting. 10-20-2. The car felt good. The accelleration was awesome the handling was great overall. I was wondering why evryone always said run thin in the centre.
My firs heat my buggy flamed out on the start. I got some laps in to check my laptimes.
Second heat same thing, also flame out on start.
My laptimes were off the pace. Fastes was 42 sec, mine was 48sec fastest. Clearly something wasnt right.
The same with truggy. I couldnt get my laptimes hooked.
After the buggy race I noticed I wasnt getting full steering. I noticed my remote steering knob felt funny. Of all the things that could still go wrong.
I opened the remote and low and behold. The plastic shaft that the wheel screws onto snapped. I could steer but not full.
I decided to use my sons remote to program my buggy on the 2nd channel.
I chucked the truggy final in favour of the buggy final.

I tested a new set of tyres.It was better. I also noticed my turn in wasnt very tight. So for the final I changed my centre diff to 7K in the centre.
I tested it and I found the car was much easier ion the turns compared to the 20k. Its like the 20k somehow prevent a tight turn. The 7K gives you a tight turn in with abit of a slide.
My son did the b-mains. Hes running the PBS. I hooked him up with a GO 4port with some of my tricks. I pitted for him and he finished the race 3rd overall. He's 12.

I was placed 7th on the grid for the A-mains. I was feeling good. I had nothing to lose. I had a bad day so far so yes get in the racing laps. Now the A-mains is pretty hectic. The guys are tight and fast and very eager to win. Always a mess on the first corner. So I was happy being 7th on the grid.
My son pitted for me. It 10 sec and cars down. OH no! Flame out. I run down the stand start the car, start from the pitlane, my son puts my car down and off I go.
Planned 7.5min pit stop with my P5X.
This was it The guys were almost finishing their first lap.
My mindset was I'll never make it just do my best. I decided to keep it tight run my lines and no mistakes.
On the second lap the race leader was comming closer to lap me. I thought, Iam not giving it away. Iam not going to block him but he has to work for it.
It too him 2 laps to get close and a mistake from me and he passed. This was enough for me to know that I was running on the pace.
Next lap I passed race leader to unlap myself.
Pitted like clockwork on the nose.
Any ways kept the pace going. Guys were mking mistakes as the trck got very loose. I just kept it clean, not heavy on the gas. Taking the jumps moderately not overshooting. Made sure I always set myself up for the next turn or jump.
Final result I won the a-main. Another win for X1. The only X1 in the A-main.
Took me 7 months to get my groove back.
I'm sure you can tell I am chuffed.
When the post the pics I's post some.

Hope you enjoy the read.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

has the jammin any bumpsteering
or not at all ???
Old 08-06-2007, 07:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Jerseyboy, Did you leave the 10 in the front diff? I run 5-7-3. Which I think alot of us do. Car would probaly be alot better to drive with 5-7-3, than the 10-20-2.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

At the Manufacturers cup in Idaho a week ago I put in 5000 in the center to be at 5-5-3. With the big track and big jumps it felt really good. I ended up getting some of that turning that I had always been missing. I also moved my reaer camber link down one hole from the inside middle to the inside bottom and that really let the car rotate alot better as well.

I got home and we had the final for our Provincial series at my home track. The only thing I did all weekend was move the camber link back to the middle hole on the inside row of the rear shock tower. That stopped the car from over rotating in some of the rougher corners.

And I do have to thank one of the Jammin team members for that suggestion because we went over everything else in the car and everything else was right and I still wanted more steering. So Gary Guest suggested the lighter center diff and I have been very happy with it.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Has anybody tried a 50t spur gear on there car? And if so what did you think of it?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prphze
Has anybody tried a 50t spur gear on there car? And if so what did you think of it?
That would be like putting a 12.5 clutchbell on the car?
Old 08-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys, just wanted to say hey. I scored my first nitro car ever, a x1 CR FTE roller from pwnzor

Ill be lurking in this thread quite a bit, and occasionally posting, so I figured I would introduce myself

Anyone here from FL?
Old 08-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Frost99999 welcome come on in and make yourself comfy....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.