R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-15-2007, 09:38 PM   #3421
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arghh
why losi like to eat throttle servo..?? my jammin didnt like to eat servo..hehe
don know the first one was 359z that wasnt even mine, dang it, and the other wasnt high dollar servos but they worked fine, might of got a maximum of four tanks without burning one up
nitroveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:06 PM   #3422
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

the losi has to be set correctly both with the linkage and the epa...lol i blew up a servo in my buggy it was the 357 from airtronics and re adjusted and am running a cheapo airtronics servo and haven't had problems at all lol...

on the other hand went to the track today and set up some hot laps and now i need to go through and fill with thread lock and sucH
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:02 AM   #3423
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Can anyone help? I'm running the x1cr pro and not the FTE. I've upgraded most parts, except the 5mm shock towers. After attaching the big bore shocks, I noticed that they rub the front upper A-arms if I set them too vertical. can anyone explain this or have had similar experiences?
Old 04-16-2007, 06:33 AM   #3424
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanks596
Can anyone help? I'm running the x1cr pro and not the FTE. I've upgraded most parts, except the 5mm shock towers. After attaching the big bore shocks, I noticed that they rub the front upper A-arms if I set them too vertical. can anyone explain this or have had similar experiences?
The Big Bore shocks have the bigger springs, so the 5mm thick towers give you a little xtra space between the spring and the arm. I run the Pro also and with the stock shocks and towers, the springs are right next to the upper arms. If you're not getting the 5mm towers, try puttings spacers or thin washers at the upper shock mount to move them forward away from the upper arms. I'm sure a few mm's will give you're springs enough clearance. That might solve the problem, maybe not.

BTW...if you try the washers or spacers, just use enough to equal a total thickness of 5mm. If your springs still hit, you'll know it's not because you don't have the 5mm towers. Don't forget to put the washers on the front side of your towers.
8ightScale/CJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:34 PM   #3425
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i tested my P&P today. it was cold and windy, and my baby was topless, so i can't make any real conclusive results. however, i did notice a slight gain in mid-range "pick-up", and the powerband appeared to be a little smoother. i can't say that it did a lot, but it was my first time grinding. i am rather proud of what i can do, now i just need some better bits to get into those tight areas to do some better grinding.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:39 PM   #3426
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

how did you like the s5 before hand?
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:19 AM   #3427
Tech Elite

i thought it was a great engine before and now it's even better. before the P&P, I was getting amazing run times because it's only 5 port and i run the JP-1, so I knew I could tap into that reserve in order to make room for better mid or top range power. Polishing the whole lot certainly smoothes out the powerband, and that is something anybody can do. however, i still did not notice much increase on the top end, but that is most likely because of the JP-1 I have hooked on her. I run a short track anyways, so top end doesn't really come into play.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:50 PM   #3428
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to infanterene

Hey macknkitty2002- How would you compare your jammin and the Kyosho? I have a Losi and an SP2wc. I wish I could take the steering, jumping from the losi and the durability, stability of the kyosho and put them together.

I have heard that the jammin is basically a Kyosho with 17 degree caster.

Anybody else run both a jammin and a Kyosho or Losi.
infanterene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:20 AM   #3429
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hey macknkitty2002- How would you compare your jammin and the Kyosho? I have a Losi and an SP2wc. I wish I could take the steering, jumping from the losi and the durability, stability of the kyosho and put them together.
honestly, my 777 has not been run that much because the Jammin is the main race car, the 777 is merely a back up. it does not have nearly the amount of hop-ups as my X1 has, and the gear on it is a step lower than the Jammin's.
the 777 does jump like a champ, never seems to get out of shape, and takes a ton of abuse. however, it can be squirrely at times, and it's a little frustrating to tune the chassis to just how you want it. from my experience, the 777 never feels right until you hit that exact spot-on setup for the day, they it drives like a dream. but getting to that sweet spot can be a real pain, like tuning a Novarossi engine. moreover, just when you've found that sweet-spot, the track either changes or the race day concludes and the next time you go out racing you have to start all over again to try to find that sweet-spot.
my Jammin, on the other hand, feels a little more "numb" to tuning changes. basically, it does not respond as well to inputs, but it also it not very finicky in how it's tuned. seems to run the way you want it too, you just may have to change your driving style a bit. also, from day to day, the setup does not get all out of whack like the 777.
and perhaps the most important aspect of it all, the parts and support for the Jammin is unparalleled, and Kyosho parts are hard to come by sometimes and they are expensive at that.

these are just my 2 cents, and do not represent the opinions of anybody but myself.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:25 AM   #3430
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ightScale/CJP
The Big Bore shocks have the bigger springs, so the 5mm thick towers give you a little xtra space between the spring and the arm. I run the Pro also and with the stock shocks and towers, the springs are right next to the upper arms. If you're not getting the 5mm towers, try puttings spacers or thin washers at the upper shock mount to move them forward away from the upper arms. I'm sure a few mm's will give you're springs enough clearance. That might solve the problem, maybe not.
Thanks for your help. Also, what is the benefits of the torsen diff and how does it work?

Last edited by blanks596; 04-19-2007 at 06:46 PM.
blanks596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:29 AM   #3431
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUB_Ben
Hey guys, I was just wondering if this was the place to post about the CRT. I run mine with a RB 928. Im racing it for the first time tomorrow.
From what Ive heard the 928 is a monster of an engine. I dont think I have the fingers for that beast
Jammin JPX 21/OS Speed
Jammin X1 CRT
Go tech 21 5p
Upraded to Stelar Galactic
Jammin X1 CRT.5
Power by SH12
Either your Jammin or losing"Catch me if you can"
Team Dramatic
Jerseyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:38 PM   #3432
Tech Regular

Latest X1 upgrades. Available now.
Attached Thumbnails
Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-x1s-57.jpg   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-x1s-58.jpg  
Jammin JPX 21/OS Speed
Jammin X1 CRT
Go tech 21 5p
Jammin X1 CRT.5
Power by SH12
Team Dramatic
Old 04-19-2007, 06:01 AM   #3433
Tech Elite

what are those, 6mm?
Old 04-19-2007, 06:19 AM   #3434
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
what are those, 6mm?
The new shock towers are CNC machined from a thicker 5mm aircraft
grade 7075 plate and hardened to T6.
The towers are then Hard-Coated with our special material for wear and durability.
The front tower now has multiple half holes at the top and 3 mounting holes at the bottom.
The rear towers have half holes at the top and an extra row on the bottom inside.
The multiple choice of shock mounting positions now gives more flexibility for different track conditions
Jammin JPX 21/OS Speed
Jammin X1 CRT
Go tech 21 5p
Jammin X1 CRT.5
Power by SH12
Team Dramatic
Old 04-19-2007, 06:35 AM   #3435
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

miss u all. everyone seems to be busy.

yea, the tower looks delicious. If only they have for the truggy. But mine still holding up.

here's from my recent race.

no action shot. really busy with pitting arghh and video camera is not working at that time.