Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Jammin X1 - so close yet so far >

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Old 03-30-2007, 11:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Norman, looks really good. Are you using the fuel filter that came with the kit? I heard that it is no good and has all kinds of air leaks.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes I was using the filter that came with the kit and never had a problem. I just installed a new one, hopefully it will work good!!!
Old 03-31-2007, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

here are some pics of my current build:

specs are as follows:
team fironi hardcoated 3mm chassis
KHZ Ankerman
KHZ F/R Shock towers
KHZ F/R Knuckles(rear installed only atm)
KHZ Front Upper Lower a-arm mounts
KHZ Rear Lower arm mount 1.5 degrees right now
xtreme carbon diff plate
xtreme carbon radio tray
xtreme carbon steering post
Jammin Braces F/R
Jammin Z brace
Jammin 1 peice motor mount
STS.21b modded by dadder stgII
STS 0403 exhaust

Built from rtr...so still running rtr shocks...will be getting big bores sooon...i already have the front shocks
Old 04-02-2007, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

do u sleep with ur car there..
Old 04-02-2007, 12:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AZRCaddict
Norman, looks really good. Are you using the fuel filter that came with the kit? I heard that it is no good and has all kinds of air leaks.
Hey Cody, I'm actually using two of those right now ..I've been fighting with my needles all weekend too ..I'll have to check those out. Both of them are pretty new, but I have about 10 tanks through them already.

Last edited by 8ightScale/CJP; 04-02-2007 at 12:36 AM. Reason: fyi
Old 04-02-2007, 03:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up No problems with fuel filters here

Originally Posted by 8ightScale/CJP
Hey Cody, I'm actually using two of those right now ..I've been fighting with my needles all weekend too ..I'll have to check those out. Both of them are pretty new, but I have about 10 tanks through them already.
I've always run the Hong Nor fuel filters and they are awesome.
I've never had a leak or any type of problems with them.
I've been fighting with my needles in my Plus 21-5T trying to stop it from flaming out but with no luck..... until last weekend
I changed to a hot Novarossi Plug - C5TC and it solved my problems completely.
I think at about the 5 litre mark most engines "break free" meaning they are fully run in (or run out).
This also means that they loose a tiny bit of compression which stops the glow plug from glowing as hot (my guess).
You know what a Novarossi is like when they are knew... they break starter boxes due to so much compression!
So changing to a hotter plug seemed to work as they glow hotter anyway.
Don't know if it will help but just try running a hotter plug and see what happens.
It worked for me.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:07 AM
Tech Regular

Any news on the Jammin 21 engine. Hows it running, Hows the power?
Old 04-04-2007, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerseyboy

Jerseyboy,

I had the chance to see the engine in Chile during the southamerican championship on hands of a very fast venezuelan driver, i do liked the engine, good low and great top end ... the engine was rather new just ending the break inn so no more opinions than that, the guy didnt had the time to finish the whole break inn process so he decided not to race with that engine ...

I will see if i can locate the guy and ask about the engine ...

cya,
Old 04-04-2007, 06:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Jerseyboy,

I had the chance to see the engine in Chile during the southamerican championship on hands of a very fast venezuelan driver, i do liked the engine, good low and great top end ... the engine was rather new just ending the break inn so no more opinions than that, the guy didnt had the time to finish the whole break inn process so he decided not to race with that engine ...

I will see if i can locate the guy and ask about the engine ...

cya,
Tabushi! thanks man. I am just curious as I believe its a Picco motor. Dont know much about Picco. I would like to know what sort of powerband it has.

PS: Well done on the podium finish.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
Thing rips! I'm getting through the small section really quick and am keeping up with everyone on the straight. Someone at the track said that the motor has really good fuel mileage, must be Jay's timing on it our something. Yes it is a Picco, mine came in a Picco box. I'll deffinetly be getting another one of these. I didn't have a chance to finish my main with it because of my engine screws on top were backing out, but I have been putting down faster lap times with the Jammin/Jammin over my old car.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AZRCaddict
Thing rips! I'm getting through the small section really quick and am keeping up with everyone on the straight. Someone at the track said that the motor has really good fuel mileage, must be Jay's timing on it our something. Yes it is a Picco, mine came in a Picco box. I'll deffinetly be getting another one of these. I didn't have a chance to finish my main with it because of my engine screws on top were backing out, but I have been putting down faster lap times with the Jammin/Jammin over my old car.
Excellent AZRCaddict. If you can, post some oics of the engine internals. Hows the build qaulity. Hows the carb, easy to tune and consistant.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Jerseyboy,

If you want the best picco based engine i've ever raced ... go for MEGA ZX21 Race ... simply a powerhouse (you can see it on the southamerican 2007 championship videos) ... that engine and the m2c racing 4 shoe aluminum clutch made a killer combination ...

cya,
Old 04-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking Jammin Engine

I read the first write up on the Jammin Engine and it sounds good.
I'd love to see one running too.
I'm running a Novarossi Plus12-5T and it is awesome.
It's a 100% improvment on the P5 which was a bitch to tune.
They have revised the carby and reversed it also so you can get at the idle screw really easily.
The only problems i've had is after about 5 litres you have to go to a hotter plug so i went to the C5TC and it stopped it flaming out.
Since then it's been a screamer.
It's also got an awesome powerband and probably the best fuel economy of most engines on the market.
They are a bit dearer than most other engines buth they are top quality & worth the money too.
I'm running 25%Nitro Side Winder Fuel too which is good stuff.
Don't need any after run in it.
If someone gets more info on the Jammin Motor i'd love to see it too.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Tech Adept

NitoLuver,

I notice you have a Fioroni chassis. I just got one and the milled out area under the fuel tank is the wrong area or my tank is old and there is an updated tank. There is a protrusion under the tank but it doesn't fit in the milled are of the Fioroni chassis causing the tank to sit wrong. You have that problem?
Old 04-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Guys,

Im testing some changes on my jammin buggy, specially things where i dont ever messed before, so here is a question, if i dont change anything else, which performance changes i could wait if i change this parameter ? (always used the # 1 hole) :

thanks guys,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.