R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-03-2007, 09:05 PM   #3211
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ok, after a marathon day of rebuilding my buggy is pretty much back together. with the new parts on, the car certainly looks much more, well, "pro" . the King Headz shock towers look amazing. funny thing is that the towers are almost a replica of the Xray XB8 towers, and with the turquois springs on my buggy it looks like an Xray from pretty close!

however i have one problem. one of the screws on my engine mount can't come out because the head of my screw driver came off! i was using one of those ball head hex screw drivers and the ball completely cracked off inside the head of the screw, i'm really screwed (pun intended)! i can't get the ball out or grab the sides of the head with pliers and twist it out. i have tried heating up the screw with a soldering iron and that didn't work either. guess i will have to borrow my buddy's Dremel and make a slot in the head and try that. i was hoping to use my new KHZ quick change motor mount too!

also, like a said a couple months back, my clutchbell is stuck on my crankshaft. i will try to use the soldering iron to get it off, but i might have to resort to using a big flat head screwdriver and prying it off (dont worry, i have fresh bearings to replace the ones that get damaged). if i can't do either of these things i guess i will have to use the engine from my other buggy.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:37 AM   #3212
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
...i can't get the ball out or grab the sides of the head with pliers and twist it out...
Magnet!
Old 03-04-2007, 09:21 AM   #3213
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Quote:
ok, after a marathon day of rebuilding my buggy is pretty much back together. with the new parts on, the car certainly looks much more, well, "pro" . the King Headz shock towers look amazing. funny thing is that the towers are almost a replica of the Xray XB8 towers, and with the turquois springs on my buggy it looks like an Xray from pretty close!

however i have one problem. one of the screws on my engine mount can't come out because the head of my screw driver came off! i was using one of those ball head hex screw drivers and the ball completely cracked off inside the head of the screw, i'm really screwed (pun intended)! i can't get the ball out or grab the sides of the head with pliers and twist it out. i have tried heating up the screw with a soldering iron and that didn't work either. guess i will have to borrow my buddy's Dremel and make a slot in the head and try that. i was hoping to use my new KHZ quick change motor mount too!

also, like a said a couple months back, my clutchbell is stuck on my crankshaft. i will try to use the soldering iron to get it off, but i might have to resort to using a big flat head screwdriver and prying it off (dont worry, i have fresh bearings to replace the ones that get damaged). if i can't do either of these things i guess i will have to use the engine from my other buggy.

Mhhhh happened to me once on a cheap ball driver ... problem solved using dremel to make a slot and take out the screw with a slot driver, but has to change the screw after that ... good luck man !!

BTW, after that all my ball drivers are Thunder Tiger ones, great and not expensives !!

cya,

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:58 AM   #3214
Tech Elite

Well guys, just arrived to Brazil, and checked inn on the hotel ... now i have 2 full weeks of work here and after that i will take vacations for 2 weeks, one of them is for attend the southamerican 2007 championship and the other its for family time ...

So far i just mounted my workshop on the hotel (damn some hotels just hate me ) :

I just have to mount my whole car + engine + new M2C clucth ...

cya guys !

Old 03-04-2007, 05:27 PM   #3215
Tech Elite

ok i got the bearing off my crank. got to race today for the first day of the season and everything went wrong. right off the bat my gear mesh was wrong from the rebuild (damn paper trick ) so i had to fix that and miss the practice. then my buggy was flying all over the place because the nose was going sky high on the jump so i had to fix that with new springs and a different wing setting. then the track became dusty and slippery, so i had to make a lot of changes on my car to compensate and i changed tires but these things didn't reall help. then the battery on my bump box died and i think the motor in it is dead too. my engine hadn't been run for 4 months so that was way outta wack and i could never get it right. so what did i end up doing? i just left early, without even having to pay my dues. but what do you expect, it was the first of the season. guess i have some work to do.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:30 PM   #3216
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
ok i got the bearing off my crank. got to race today for the first day of the season and everything went wrong. right off the bat my gear mesh was wrong from the rebuild (damn paper trick ) so i had to fix that and miss the practice. then my buggy was flying all over the place because the nose was going sky high on the jump so i had to fix that with new springs and a different wing setting. then the track became dusty and slippery, so i had to make a lot of changes on my car to compensate and i changed tires but these things didn't reall help. then the battery on my bump box died and i think the motor in it is dead too. my engine hadn't been run for 4 months so that was way outta wack and i could never get it right. so what did i end up doing? i just left early, without even having to pay my dues. but what do you expect, it was the first of the season. guess i have some work to do.
that really sucked mac, i hate those days like that
nitroveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:29 AM   #3217
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking

Yeah bummer Mac.
I'm sure we've all had this problem once in our hobby/careers.
You need some "Tool Time" friend!
-Stuff for sale-
CRT.5 - OS .12TZ (P) All reasonable offers Considered!
RCRacing.com.au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:56 AM   #3218
Tech Elite

Well ... not much work yesterday at the hotel, it sucks to work on such a small table :

cya !!

Old 03-05-2007, 06:20 AM   #3219
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

man that table is a joke if it was me id have the shits by now and be working on the floor much more room to be neat and organized
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com

Last edited by Nitro$junkie; 03-05-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:23 AM   #3220
Tech Initiate

Send a message via Yahoo to jonehrc

hi there tabushi. jfc_tech talks a lot about u..esp the coming baby.

anyway, keep us posted on the building and the race. that table is too small my friend. better u just sit on the floor and do it. just my 3 cents.
jonehrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:57 AM   #3221
Tech Elite

why are you tearing down your buggy in the hotel? didn't you do that at home or something (no offense, maybe you didn't have time to do that)?
Old 03-05-2007, 06:57 AM   #3222
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonehrc
hi there tabushi. jfc_tech talks a lot about u..esp the coming baby.

anyway, keep us posted on the building and the race. that table is too small my friend. better u just sit on the floor and do it. just my 3 cents.

Call me Mr. Comfy but i hate to work on the floor and nopes, its not THE SMALLER table i worked on heheheh ... 7 years traveling for work and always with my RC stuff, i prefer to get a room on a more older-not-super-fashion-hotel than on a Hilton like executive hotel where the rooms are super but very modern and small heheheh ... anyway always they hate me for transform the room on small workshops heheheheh ...

In fact, i remember once in Puerto Rico making the break inn on the jacuzzi on a onroad .12 engine with the window open and the door closed heheheh

cya,

Old 03-05-2007, 09:19 AM   #3223
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to ngo8

Gary guest and chad bradley and team jammin dominate canadian winter nationals in red deer ,alberta
http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=1904
Old 03-05-2007, 10:00 AM   #3224
Tech Elite

Guys,

Any experience racing with the front A-Blocks ? ...

thanks,

Old 03-05-2007, 11:07 AM   #3225
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi
Call me Mr. Comfy but i hate to work on the floor and nopes, its not THE SMALLER table i worked on heheheh ... 7 years traveling for work and always with my RC stuff, i prefer to get a room on a more older-not-super-fashion-hotel than on a Hilton like executive hotel where the rooms are super but very modern and small heheheh ... anyway always they hate me for transform the room on small workshops heheheheh ...

In fact, i remember once in Puerto Rico making the break inn on the jacuzzi on a onroad .12 engine with the window open and the door closed heheheh

cya,
Bummer Pato. Are you building a new FTe or rebuilding your old one.
BTW are still racing TM G$s
Jammin JPX 21/OS Speed
Jammin X1 CRT
Go tech 21 5p
Upraded to Stelar Galactic
Jammin X1 CRT.5
Power by SH12
Either your Jammin or losing"Catch me if you can"
Team Dramatic
Jerseyboy is offline   Reply With Quote