R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-03-2007, 09:05 PM   #3211
Tech Elite
 
macnkitty2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 4,923
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

ok, after a marathon day of rebuilding my buggy is pretty much back together. with the new parts on, the car certainly looks much more, well, "pro" . the King Headz shock towers look amazing. funny thing is that the towers are almost a replica of the Xray XB8 towers, and with the turquois springs on my buggy it looks like an Xray from pretty close!

however i have one problem. one of the screws on my engine mount can't come out because the head of my screw driver came off! i was using one of those ball head hex screw drivers and the ball completely cracked off inside the head of the screw, i'm really screwed (pun intended)! i can't get the ball out or grab the sides of the head with pliers and twist it out. i have tried heating up the screw with a soldering iron and that didn't work either. guess i will have to borrow my buddy's Dremel and make a slot in the head and try that. i was hoping to use my new KHZ quick change motor mount too!

also, like a said a couple months back, my clutchbell is stuck on my crankshaft. i will try to use the soldering iron to get it off, but i might have to resort to using a big flat head screwdriver and prying it off (dont worry, i have fresh bearings to replace the ones that get damaged). if i can't do either of these things i guess i will have to use the engine from my other buggy.
__________________
Team Associated RC10B4.2
Losi Rock Rey
macnkitty2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:37 AM   #3212
Tech Initiate
 
AZRCaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Where Racing Was Fun
Posts: 44
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
...i can't get the ball out or grab the sides of the head with pliers and twist it out...
Magnet!
__________________
Team EMB
AZRCaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:21 AM   #3213
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
ok, after a marathon day of rebuilding my buggy is pretty much back together. with the new parts on, the car certainly looks much more, well, "pro" . the King Headz shock towers look amazing. funny thing is that the towers are almost a replica of the Xray XB8 towers, and with the turquois springs on my buggy it looks like an Xray from pretty close!

however i have one problem. one of the screws on my engine mount can't come out because the head of my screw driver came off! i was using one of those ball head hex screw drivers and the ball completely cracked off inside the head of the screw, i'm really screwed (pun intended)! i can't get the ball out or grab the sides of the head with pliers and twist it out. i have tried heating up the screw with a soldering iron and that didn't work either. guess i will have to borrow my buddy's Dremel and make a slot in the head and try that. i was hoping to use my new KHZ quick change motor mount too!

also, like a said a couple months back, my clutchbell is stuck on my crankshaft. i will try to use the soldering iron to get it off, but i might have to resort to using a big flat head screwdriver and prying it off (dont worry, i have fresh bearings to replace the ones that get damaged). if i can't do either of these things i guess i will have to use the engine from my other buggy.


Mhhhh happened to me once on a cheap ball driver ... problem solved using dremel to make a slot and take out the screw with a slot driver, but has to change the screw after that ... good luck man !!

BTW, after that all my ball drivers are Thunder Tiger ones, great and not expensives !!

cya,
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:58 AM   #3214
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Well guys, just arrived to Brazil, and checked inn on the hotel ... now i have 2 full weeks of work here and after that i will take vacations for 2 weeks, one of them is for attend the southamerican 2007 championship and the other its for family time ...

So far i just mounted my workshop on the hotel (damn some hotels just hate me ) :








I just have to mount my whole car + engine + new M2C clucth ...

cya guys !
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:27 PM   #3215
Tech Elite
 
macnkitty2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 4,923
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

ok i got the bearing off my crank. got to race today for the first day of the season and everything went wrong. right off the bat my gear mesh was wrong from the rebuild (damn paper trick ) so i had to fix that and miss the practice. then my buggy was flying all over the place because the nose was going sky high on the jump so i had to fix that with new springs and a different wing setting. then the track became dusty and slippery, so i had to make a lot of changes on my car to compensate and i changed tires but these things didn't reall help. then the battery on my bump box died and i think the motor in it is dead too. my engine hadn't been run for 4 months so that was way outta wack and i could never get it right. so what did i end up doing? i just left early, without even having to pay my dues. but what do you expect, it was the first of the season. guess i have some work to do.
__________________
Team Associated RC10B4.2
Losi Rock Rey
macnkitty2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:30 PM   #3216
Tech Adept
 
nitroveins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 172
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
ok i got the bearing off my crank. got to race today for the first day of the season and everything went wrong. right off the bat my gear mesh was wrong from the rebuild (damn paper trick ) so i had to fix that and miss the practice. then my buggy was flying all over the place because the nose was going sky high on the jump so i had to fix that with new springs and a different wing setting. then the track became dusty and slippery, so i had to make a lot of changes on my car to compensate and i changed tires but these things didn't reall help. then the battery on my bump box died and i think the motor in it is dead too. my engine hadn't been run for 4 months so that was way outta wack and i could never get it right. so what did i end up doing? i just left early, without even having to pay my dues. but what do you expect, it was the first of the season. guess i have some work to do.
that really sucked mac, i hate those days like that
nitroveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:29 AM   #3217
Tech Addict
 
RCRacing.com.au's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Meakin Park, Brisbane
Posts: 554
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking

Yeah bummer Mac.
I'm sure we've all had this problem once in our hobby/careers.
You need some "Tool Time" friend!
__________________
Steve P
LCORCCC - Life Member
100 Cubic Inch Thumping V-Twin Victory Hammer 8-Ball!
-Stuff for sale-
CRT.5 - OS .12TZ (P) All reasonable offers Considered!
RCRacing.com.au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:56 AM   #3218
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Well ... not much work yesterday at the hotel, it sucks to work on such a small table :






cya !!
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:20 AM   #3219
Tech Master
 
Nitro$junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 1,420
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie
Default

man that table is a joke if it was me id have the shits by now and be working on the floor much more room to be neat and organized
__________________
Futaba
Mugen
Novarossi
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com

Last edited by Nitro$junkie; 03-05-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:23 AM   #3220
Tech Initiate
 
jonehrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: JonehRC Webmaster!
Posts: 29
Send a message via Yahoo to jonehrc
Default

hi there tabushi. jfc_tech talks a lot about u..esp the coming baby.

anyway, keep us posted on the building and the race. that table is too small my friend. better u just sit on the floor and do it. just my 3 cents.
jonehrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:57 AM   #3221
Tech Elite
 
macnkitty2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 4,923
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

why are you tearing down your buggy in the hotel? didn't you do that at home or something (no offense, maybe you didn't have time to do that)?
__________________
Team Associated RC10B4.2
Losi Rock Rey
macnkitty2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:57 AM   #3222
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonehrc
hi there tabushi. jfc_tech talks a lot about u..esp the coming baby.

anyway, keep us posted on the building and the race. that table is too small my friend. better u just sit on the floor and do it. just my 3 cents.

Call me Mr. Comfy but i hate to work on the floor and nopes, its not THE SMALLER table i worked on heheheh ... 7 years traveling for work and always with my RC stuff, i prefer to get a room on a more older-not-super-fashion-hotel than on a Hilton like executive hotel where the rooms are super but very modern and small heheheh ... anyway always they hate me for transform the room on small workshops heheheheh ...

In fact, i remember once in Puerto Rico making the break inn on the jacuzzi on a onroad .12 engine with the window open and the door closed heheheh

cya,
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:19 AM   #3223
Tech Master
 
ngo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Posts: 1,263
Send a message via ICQ to ngo8
Default

Gary guest and chad bradley and team jammin dominate canadian winter nationals in red deer ,alberta
http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=1904
__________________
Xray|ORCA|Sanwa|Trinity|KoPropo
ngo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:00 AM   #3224
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Guys,


Any experience racing with the front A-Blocks ? ...

thanks,
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:07 AM   #3225
Tech Regular
 
Jerseyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SA BuggyRacer
Posts: 361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi
Call me Mr. Comfy but i hate to work on the floor and nopes, its not THE SMALLER table i worked on heheheh ... 7 years traveling for work and always with my RC stuff, i prefer to get a room on a more older-not-super-fashion-hotel than on a Hilton like executive hotel where the rooms are super but very modern and small heheheh ... anyway always they hate me for transform the room on small workshops heheheheh ...

In fact, i remember once in Puerto Rico making the break inn on the jacuzzi on a onroad .12 engine with the window open and the door closed heheheh

cya,
Bummer Pato. Are you building a new FTe or rebuilding your old one.
BTW are still racing TM G$s
__________________
Jammin X1 FTE
Upgraded to Warp Drive
KO Mars Ex-1 Spectrum Telemetry
Jammin JPX 21/OS Speed
Jammin X1 CRT
Go tech 21 5p
Upraded to Stelar Galactic
Jammin X1 CRT.5
Power by SH12
Either your Jammin or losing"Catch me if you can"
Team Dramatic
Jerseyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jammin/Hongnor X1 - so close yet so far jono mad racer Nitro Off-Road 5 05-08-2011 06:40 AM
anybody close ????? slowpokeRRR Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing 0 08-24-2007 10:21 PM
close please pwnzor R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 06-29-2007 12:40 PM
close Big B R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 02-02-2007 10:29 PM
please close racenut123 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 04-30-2003 05:08 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:10 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net