Quote:
Originally Posted by Enersav1002
My questions are:
1.) Recommended hop-ups for the FTE kit
2.) Recommended motors & starter boxes
3.) Any major problems anyone has encountered with their buggys
maybe this..
Attached Thumbnails
Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-jammin-2-piece-engine-mounting.jpg   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-jammin-center-diff-mount.jpg   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-option-alloy-rear-upright-bearing.jpg   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-jammin-engine.jpg   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-jammin-wing.jpg  

arghh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:56 AM   #3197
Tech Regular

arghh-have tried one of those Jammin motors? I have been wondering about them.
Jammin"145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:27 AM   #3198
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i don't see the need for that CNC machined center diff hub. the stock one works fine, and this only adds needless weight to the car. what gives?
Old 03-02-2007, 06:15 AM   #3199
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
i don't see the need for that CNC machined center diff hub. the stock one works fine, and this only adds needless weight to the car. what gives?
Yeah I wondered the same thing myself. Why would i need a $90+ part to replace a $10 plastic on that has not given me a single problem in the year that I have had my Jammin....

Just the bling money machine at work.
Paradoxmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:16 AM   #3200
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:

no need for the rear alloy hubs either. im a absolute noob racing on a track with large jumps and still no damage...cross fingers. those hubs just increase unsprung weight.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:49 AM   #3201

Quote:
Just out of curiosity what made you not keep your eight?
Jammin 145

I mostly grew tired of the throttle servo issue. My last race with the 8ight I blew two servos, one during qualification and the other during the main. The car handled well and was easy to maintain however the issue with it being unreliable grew frustrating.

The car would maybe go 3 or 4 weekend races with no problems and then the return of the Gremlins. After endless hours of doing everything possible to make sure proper end points were set, proper throttle adjustment, brake adjustments, servo tray stiffners, various servo brands etc, etc, etc... I decided to sell off the Losi & accessories and move to the Jammin.

Thanks for the information, I'm sure I will have more questions when I need some set-up tips...
Enersav1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:15 AM   #3202
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB
no need for the rear alloy hubs either. im a absolute noob racing on a track with large jumps and still no damage...cross fingers. those hubs just increase unsprung weight.

I agree.I ran my CRT all last summer and had my buggy since last fall and the only hub i broke is when i bounced of a double into on coming traffic and got hit by Revo full speed.My fault,not the parts fault.I personally think the Jammins are tough rigs.I do want to get the 2 piece motor mount.
Jammin"145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:06 AM   #3203
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to GroffBall

Anybody know the part number for the flywheel on the FTE or PRO CR, The manual says 10040 but that flywheel is too large a diameter and sticks out the bottom my buddy has the flywheel that came with his and its smaller than the one I bought. Another brand that will accept ofna shoes and springs would be good too.
GroffBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:09 AM   #3204
Tech Elite

Quote:
I agree.I ran my CRT all last summer and had my buggy since last fall and the only hub i broke is when i bounced of a double into on coming traffic and got hit by Revo full speed.My fault,not the parts fault.I personally think the Jammins are tough rigs.I do want to get the 2 piece motor mount.
i've only broken one thing on my rig, and it was the lower front arm support, and it was plastic so what do you expect. i replaced it with the aluminum one and nothing has been a problem for 2 years of hard running. only things i have had to replace are normal wear. when i purchased my buggy i bought $150 worth of spare parts, and i have not used any of it! i should have known the Jammin was going to be such a brute! anyways, i probably should have gotten the big bore shocks instead of the towers or something, but i just rebuilt the old ones (which work fine for my purposes) and i hate building shocks anyways. hopefully i should get it before sunday!
Old 03-02-2007, 11:49 AM   #3205
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroveins
heres some pics
finally gonna get to race my jammin tomorrow night for the first time cant wait maybe ill get a few more laps than i did with the turmoil
nitroveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:00 PM   #3206
Tech Elite

good luck nitroveins! you will not be unsatisfied.
BTW-nice avatar
Old 03-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #3207
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

the alum. center diff mount is lighter than the plastic one because you do not use the post to mount it bolts directly to the chassis and it also moves the brake cam to the side so when you hit the brakes they ingage in the center of the pad instead of the side of the pad this makes for more consistent braking
bigl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:45 AM   #3208
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxmaker
Yeah I wondered the same thing myself. Why would i need a $90+ part to replace a $10 plastic on that has not given me a single problem in the year that I have had my Jammin....

Just the bling money machine at work.
Hmmmmm..........where do I start?
  • It is lighter not heaver.
  • It stiffens up the centre of the chassis allowing the gear mesh to be more consistent
  • The brake throw can be lowered while still having consistent braking, which results in longer servo life
  • The brake cams push on the middle of the brake pad which also results in more consistent braking.
  • There is no chance of the brakes inadvertently being applied when trying to accelerate (this can happen if the standard brakes are set up wrong)
  • Changing the diff is easier as the complete upper mount stays assembled when taking the diff out as shown in the attached photo.

Definately money well spent - IMO

Im not so sure about the rear uprights as the standard ones are lighter and appear to handle quite a lot of abuse.
The Alum rear up-rights are 36.8 gram.
The standard ones are only 21.0 gram

Just my 2c
Crocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:11 AM   #3209
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

as always.. crocket the man to explain all.

im still using all the stock parts. so pitiful of me
Old 03-03-2007, 09:36 AM   #3210
Tech Elite

alright! my stuff got here, time to hit the garage!