Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 07:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
Over the weekend I was playing with a friend tenth scale rear drive nitro Losi. What huge fun I had. Its not so noisy and I can play in the backyard.
I am now mad about getting the new CRT .5. We getting stock in the next few weeks. Only pro kit available for now. The RTR will be released later.
Thats going to be a winner.
Anyone else looking at getting the CRT .5?
i think arghh wanna get one

our friends change their internal gears with the Sacker/HB ones. they seems to hold longer than the stock one. im still using the stock.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i wanna get one, but they seem like novelty cars like the micros. no one else to race against here....
Old 02-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

did a quick home mod to my x1cr team kit. i cut back the arms front and rear by 2mm, and placed on through the pin two 1mm washer so that i can have adjustable caster and more caster on the arms. i have found i am lacking exit steering.
Attached Thumbnails Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-dscf0002.jpg  
Old 02-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Tech Champion

great mod. yea the x1 shud have adjustable caster.
anyway, make sure not too much caster. coz from my limited knowledge, more caster only helps in turning to corner(corner entry) and not exit corner. i may be wrong.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Paradoxmaker
Wonder why they would release new outer diff gears. I have not seen any problems with the stock ones.

What I want to see is better internal diff gears, I hate the stock aluminum internal gears.
I really cannot see the reason to change, I have not had any issues with the stock.

macnkitty2002 the CRT .5 is not so small its 1/12 scale ie buggysize. An excellent bashing car. I just convinced my wife so I can build a small track in my front garden. I'm exited. When I start I will post some pics. I need some ideas. Come on send me some ideas.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

you're going to need a decent sized track for the CRT.5 according to what i've seen!!!
Old 02-28-2007, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

has anybody gotten the Aluminum radio tray posts for their X1? are they necessary? i run on a very smooth track (no jumps actually!), so do you all think it would be smart to get them to further stiffen my chassis?
Old 02-28-2007, 06:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
has anybody gotten the Aluminum radio tray posts for their X1? are they necessary? i run on a very smooth track (no jumps actually!), so do you all think it would be smart to get them to further stiffen my chassis?
Ive fitted a set. The reason is that if you brake the radio try does not flex. So this way it does give a firmer brake. Its not expensive and I feel its a good upgrade.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
i'd definately get the alloy wing posts and radio tray post. i know you said your track has no jumps but heck, it's a buggy, so you'll be bound to go to a track sooner or later that is actually designed properly....IE IT HAS JUMPS!

The alloy posts help stop flex, and the posts on the wing brake if you land wing first hard if you don't put the alloy ones in.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

i have the aluminum wing posts, and i think i'll go ahead and get the radio tray posts too. in nothing else, it should help the balance out the chassis even more!!
Old 02-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WOW ... as far as i can see with you guys as friends, i dont need enemies !!, im not dead and you are throwing dirt over my body ...

Guys, im just as happy as first time with my jammin and not intending to race anything else for now ... im a little far from the forums just because im working in Brazil and im not with my rc equipment, and on my flybacks to Chile to visit my family im working on some things for the southamerican championship i will attend from march 22th to 25th.

Here you can see some images of my box waiting for the 2007 southamerican championship (NIB Jammin FTE + 2 engines, one Mega ZX21 DSII Race Stock and one Mega ZX21 DSII Race ;axy's Modified) :

On another hand, im part of a projet from a brazilian RC Accessories company, which already make high performance rubber onroad rc tires for 1/10th scale, and this year they are starting to make offroad buggy tires, they already presented them at nuremberg with excellent results, and we were making a small test on a tight local track on a Jammin last weekend in Chile, so maybe i will race the 2007 southamerican championship with those tires, they are GREAT :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYiREySihmQ

And finally, every single free time im passing it with my wife and doughter, as you can see my wife its getting my attention (new driver coming to the family !!!, 6 months of pregnancy) :

So guys :

- Im alive
- Im still racing JAMMIN
- I switched to Mega engines
- And the most important, i will be dad again !!

cya all and thanks for remember me on the forum hehehehe ...
Old 02-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

cool, good luck (when it comes)!
Old 02-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

Does anybody know if the factory boys were running the PBS on the front of their cars at the nitro challenge?
Old 02-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tabushi

So guys :
- Im alive
- Im still racing JAMMIN...
thats the greatest statement.. like that..
Old 02-28-2007, 07:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Tabushi
WOW ... as far as i can see with you guys as friends, i dont need enemies !!, im not dead and you are throwing dirt over my body ...
Relax friend non one throwing dirt over your body(thats a good one by the way)

So guys :

- Im alive
- Im still racing JAMMIN
- I switched to Mega engines
- And the most important, i will be dad again !!
best said. especially the last one. ok.. i know no one ask this..but im excited too. with GOD blessing, i'll be expecting my second and third children this september. and i'll be dad again too.

and yes, i'll be expecting twins.

ok, sorry to others... back to topic. Jammin all the way. and i'll be racing my stock truggy this coming April, the LRP Master. together with arghh. so its time to revive and no more DNF!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.