Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
Hi SKOT

I know what you talking about. Firstly once you put in the ball, then the ball retainer and then you screw the aluminium adjuster. This is to remove any slop. You will notice that it is only threaded half way. The reason for this that you have to screw it in until the slop is gone. You'll also notice that the adjuster is now a tight fit. It is purposely done so the aluminium does not unwind itself.
Thanks Jerseyboy. I guess I'll try that. I'm just worried because it feels like it's going to strip out the upright. I put some spacers in there to take up the slack, but with the adjuster nut sticking out that far I'd be surprised if it didn't fall out in the middle of a race.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I would rebuild/re-grease the car, its well over due. When your at it check the bearings after you've cleaned them out. Spin 'em up to see if you have any other bad bearings. Replace as needed, there's no need to replace a bearing just cause its old or such. If its still tight and runs well keep them in the car, after you've cleaned and re-oiled them of course.
thanks man. i've rebuilt/relubed my car several times since i got it, i have just neglected the 8X16 bearings.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Tech Regular

Ok the PBS is geniune Jammin X1 qaulity. What weve found was that the steering rod screws onto the hub. The screw goes through the the streering rod and into the plastic hub. the bottom of the plastic hub has a resess in for the locknut that holds it in place. Weve found guys tighten this very tight and the it will break at that point as the resess causes the plastic to be thinner on that spot. As long as you dont overtighten it, your fine.
Attached Thumbnails Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-knuck.jpg  
Old 01-30-2007, 02:47 AM
Tech Elite

bad thing on the PBS stuff.. seem c-hub is still the best
Old 01-30-2007, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arghh
bad thing on the PBS stuff.. seem c-hub is still the best

Bad thing ?, bad thing WHY ? ...
Old 01-30-2007, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Chad reckons he prefers the C-hub. I will make my own deductions after I have had a race or 2 with the PBS.
Look the Mugens are doing well with PBS so based on that it can only be better.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Chad reckons he prefers the C-hub. I will make my own deductions after I have had a race or 2 with the PBS.
Look the Mugens are doing well with PBS so based on that it can only be better.

I think its more on your line JerseyBoy, it all depends on driver, i just received an email from a friend in USA who raced with PBS last weekend, and he LOVED it, says that the car turns a lot better and more agressively than with the C-Hub. The track where he runs its not high-jump based so he cant comment on durability, so far more than happy with it.

On sgrid.com forums Chad Bradley was saying tat after his testing the system works GREAT, but he personally prefer C-Hub system, so ... just a matter of personnal preference on track ...

cya !
Old 01-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok the PBS is geniune Jammin X1 qaulity. What weve found was that the steering rod screws onto the hub. The screw goes through the the streering rod and into the plastic hub. the bottom of the plastic hub has a resess in for the locknut that holds it in place. Weve found guys tighten this very tight and the it will break at that point as the resess causes the plastic to be thinner on that spot. As long as you dont overtighten it, your fine.
I'm glad I read this. I'll be sure to check that mine aren't too tight before I run it again. Please keep us posted on any other things like this that you learn about the PBS. Since it's just barely hitting tracks here in the U.S. this is the only place where I can really talk to others who have actually run it. I'm the only one in my area that has done this conversion that I know of.

As far as whether or not it is better than C-hub that's totally up to personal preference. If I could win races like Chad does I wouldn't want to change anything either. There's really no reason for him to. For me though I think I'm really going to like it. I got 2 quals in with it and it felt super smooth and really easy to drive. Next weekend will be a better test as I think I've solved my previous problem.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if or when i got the PBS.. i will try it for sure. im sure only the driver can tell which one is better.. because it all depends on how you drive.. the driving style i mean.
both have success stories. both can be broken... so for me.. which one suits to my driving style and cheap to replace..thats mine then. ignore what others said.

i take like what chad said about the grey spring of mugen. he likes it very much but also said, maybe its my driving style and the feeling of driving with one. Bcoz taylor and even tebo driving with the red spring still produce result on podium. its all in the mind of the driver. could not be denied.

ok back to the topic..
Old 01-31-2007, 03:56 AM
Tech Regular

Time will tell
Old 01-31-2007, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

ok guys its the offseason here we are kneedeep in snow but here is my jammin all cleaned and new waiting for the snow to melt
Attached Thumbnails Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-jammin-cr-011.jpg   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-jammin-cr-003.jpg   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-jammin-cr-004.jpg   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-jammin-cr-010.jpg   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-jammin-cr-011.jpg  

Old 01-31-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

you must've liked Werks.. is that Werks B217 and that tires... look cool with the "W" shape!
i see option option black colored alum there
Old 01-31-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

looking good! but who says the snow has to melt?
Old 01-31-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

that werks motor is pretty fast not as fast as my modded max 7 port but good reliable motor also i tryed those tires lst year in the end of the season when they came out and they hooked up real good so i just left them on there .
Old 01-31-2007, 10:23 PM
Tech Regular

ngo8

She's a beaut! Love the Kings Heads upgrades. Must be a bummer when you cant take it out for some racing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.