Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

congrats jerseryboy... your truggy is dial! so whats the setup for what type of track... share with us.. be proud.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:40 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks jfc_tech

I use to use 10-20-3 diff oils. I only recently changed to 7-10-3. I find with this change the truck turns better and overall handling is improved.
Shock oils I use 50F and 40 rear with blue springs. 3 deg rear plate.
If you using a 28 engine your setup will differ(hence why I moved away from 28's) 28 engine with my setup will make the front tyres baloon, thats why they recommend 20 for the centre.

The secret IMO is use a good 21 engine for your truggy, use a setup that you like on your buggy and just go slightly thicker with the centre diff oil.
ex My buggy I use 7-7-2, truggy 7-10-3, same engine in both.
Aslo I used the Jammin wheel extenders for the truggy. This wayI can run with GRP 40 profile rims and tyres. This made a big difference. I suggest first get the GRP wheels. I use the cubics. This should make you faster without any other changes.
Attached Thumbnails Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-ws56399.jpg  
Old 01-22-2007, 03:53 AM
Tech Regular

"glad to here that jerseyboy.

i was accually looking to get that engine.how did u like it?how does it compare to the rest?did u run 30%?did u shim ?Let me kno!Thanks! "

wcairsoft3r
I use 25% sidewinder fuel. I am using the engine as I recieved it. I did not remove any shims.
In the race yesterday I was competing against a Losi with a Novarossi 21-7(awesome engine) and Mugen with RB WS7, GS Storm with RB WS7, Hyper 8 with JP 5port amongst the lot.
All I can say the power the Go develop is explosive. There when you need it. You wont want more power. I would say this engine would be too much for novice. Plenty bottom and smooth to the top end. More top end you will need.
The best part is the runtime. I run with a throttle curve of -35%. This just to prevent sliding the rear out of a turn when giving power.
Dont wait get it!
Old 01-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys, since i got me a new engine, ive decided that maybe i should get a new buggy. i currently have an mbx-5, and i am thinking about getting either a new jammin or the new 8ight. i can get both for the same price. i wa swondering what you guys have thought about either of these buggies? which one is easiest to drive? which one is easiest on parts? thanks
Old 01-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

heffer,
i would recommend the X1 for several reasons.
first of all, it is the best value anywhere in a 1/8 buggy. the quality and finish of the parts are unparalleled by any company.
check the race record of the jammin, it is very respectable for its short time out so far, compared obviously to that of Mugen/Kyosho.
Jammin parts are going to be cheaper than Losi parts generally, and should be easier to find.
although the 8ight is a new innovative design and experts say that it handles well with the stock box setup, what happens when you want to change that setup? well, this is where the X1 shines. any adjustment you make to the X1 you will immediately notice. and unlike a 777, you can do well with a close to perfect setup with the X1.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Asking a question like that in this forum is just bound to get you a one sided answer... I chose the jammin' buggy because I had the truggy and it was easy to drive, work with, and with held a bunch of abuse... I can't speak for another company as I have never owned any other offroad stuff other then Jammin'.... I do know a couple things though from racing.... I have seen more losi 8ight's tear apart steering servos, and simply break then any other jammin' in the 7 monthes I have been racing.... I'm going to be looking at the Losi 8ight T, but not to buy, just to see how it will hold up against my truggy.... Personally from talking to other people, and seeing Losi's perform, I will probably never buy one.... There design is top notch, and they are ahead of the pack on a bunch of things, but from what I see they fall apart do to crappy parts.... I hope this helps, but I'll resort my final answer back to the old faithful response..

Go to your local Hobby Shop, or track, and see if someone will let you drive their buggy... And btw, as far as I know the MBX-5 isn't a bad buggy either, see if you can upgrade it to the MBX-5R, probably be cheaper.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Asking a question like that in this forum is just bound to get you a one sided answer... I chose the jammin' buggy because I had the truggy and it was easy to drive, work with, and with held a bunch of abuse... I can't speak for another company as I have never owned any other offroad stuff other then Jammin'.... I do know a couple things though from racing.... I have seen more losi 8ight's tear apart steering servos, and simply break then any other jammin' in the 7 monthes I have been racing.... I'm going to be looking at the Losi 8ight T, but not to buy, just to see how it will hold up against my truggy.... Personally from talking to other people, and seeing Losi's perform, I will probably never buy one.... There design is top notch, and they are ahead of the pack on a bunch of things, but from what I see they fall apart do to crappy parts.... I hope this helps, but I'll resort my final answer back to the old faithful response..
what do you expect us to say, "you shouldn't buy the jammin"? i agree with you on the last part though, the MBX5 is still a very good racing rig, just upgrade to the "R" standards and you'll be set.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Euro Stealth

Go to your local Hobby Shop, or track, and see if someone will let you drive their buggy... And btw, as far as I know the MBX-5 isn't a bad buggy either, see if you can upgrade it to the MBX-5R, probably be cheaper.

this isi soo true, but the main thing im looking for is how well one side argues about the buggy than the other. as for convertting my buggy, i would, but by the time i upgrade it and change out the worn parts, it will have costed more than getting a whole new buggy. and, i also plan on letting my cousin start off on 1/8 scale buggy with my mugen.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Rookie

i don't have the cash to buy all that nice rc stuff.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i pity u.. and i understand. we've to work for it...
or else, just be audience.. and thats not nice... i survive only a week.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:13 PM
Tech Regular

I'm not going to make this satement becuase of Heffer's question.
I have been racing my Jammin X1 CR and CRT for over a year now and all I can say these cars are the toughest out there. . Jammin just has reliability, good quality parts, car is easy to set-up and it performs out the box.
I am definitely sticking to what works for me.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

BTW Pato I know you will like this one.

Here is a photo of the 2 youngest drivers at our track. The boy on the right is my son. He wanted to do one heat with my CRT.
Check the expression on his face.Makes you feel good to see that.
Attached Thumbnails Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-samz540113.jpg  
Old 01-22-2007, 10:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default jp pipe

I've got a jp2 pipe on an os v-spec and wanna try out a jp3 pipe. The jp3 pipe really woke up the bottom end of my Nova rossi 421b. How will the jp3 effect the V-spec? Where will it move the power curve? And which way should i re-tune my engine? Richer maybe? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:43 PM
Tech Regular

I've got a jp2 pipe on an os v-spec and wanna try out a jp3 pipe. The jp3 pipe really woke up the bottom end of my Nova rossi 421b. How will the jp3 effect the V-spec? Where will it move the power curve? And which way should i re-tune my engine? Richer maybe? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Hi rai13
I havent used a JP2 on a Vspec only a JP3. JP3 worked very well, excellent bottom and top. You always have to retune when using a different pipe in order to get the best response. I cannot tell you richer or leaner it depends on where you are and what fuel you using.
Bottom line the JP3 works.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
BTW Pato I know you will like this one.

Here is a photo of the 2 youngest drivers at our track. The boy on the right is my son. He wanted to do one heat with my CRT.
Check the expression on his face.Makes you feel good to see that.

Great Jerseyboy !!! ... i dont know, im just 32 but seeing my doughter of 6 years old taking her T4 RTR to the track for the first time was like winning the world championship to me man !, cant take the smile out for weeks !!

cya,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.