R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-10-2006, 07:05 PM   #2596
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

Yes... it wud be best if got the podium picture... wanna see the "new kid on the podium" pic.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:10 PM   #2597
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
woww what a great news.. what race.. where..can u post the full result..and some picture probably..
uhh, well...it was the 10/8/2006 race at May Way Raceway in Powhatan, Virginia. here are some pics. you can identify my buggy by the picture in my avatar.
Attached Thumbnails
Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-jh14910.jpg   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-mg97816.jpg   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-ot47218.jpg   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-pk30050.jpg   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-tr49554.jpg  

Old 10-10-2006, 07:15 PM   #2598
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yes... it wud be best if got the podium picture... wanna see the "new kid on the podium" pic.
actually, i'm not so new to the podium. i'm quite used to it actually. if you can't figure it out, i'm the one holding the trophy in the middle. i had to blot out my face for...safety reasons.
Attached Thumbnails
Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-wp41156.jpg   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-ye84116.jpg   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-me.jpg  
Old 10-10-2006, 07:26 PM   #2599
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
actually, i'm not so new to the podium. i'm quite used to it actually. if you can't figure it out, i'm the one holding the trophy in the middle. i had to blot out my face for...safety reasons.
hey mac... dont get me wrong about the new on podium thing... im just teasing u. im usually befriended with podium racer anyway. so dont take that seriously, ok.
i notice yer track quite nice..almost on flat land. any bigger zoom out pic?
the face blotted thing... oh well. i guess u a shy person.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:46 PM   #2600
Tech Champion

i wonder now...
to be champion... do we need the combo of RB engine & X1CR
it seems at our place most of the current leaders if not champion(2 cups), use X1CR+RB.
except one using with STS Team engine(green head).

but chad B. use OS vspec.... so... its the driver then.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:03 AM   #2601
Tech Regular

Its most definitely the driver. At our last nationals most of the drivers had the best of the best. Engines like C6 RB, OS Vspec, OS recab, Mugen BO1, SH PT007, AXE Rossi, JP 5port, Novarossi P5X, etc Our top rider won with a Mugen car and JP motor.
I am sure that guy is so good he would win with any of the top line engines.
Definitely the driver. All the cars are same same personal choice. You canmake anything work.
If you use the top brands of cars and the top brands of engines you have the potential to become the champion.
Its all in the finger.
Jerseyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:43 AM   #2602
Tech Elite

Quote:
hey mac... dont get me wrong about the new on podium thing... im just teasing u. im usually befriended with podium racer anyway. so dont take that seriously, ok.
it seems at our place most of the current leaders if not champion(2 cups), use X1CR+RB.
except one using with STS Team engine(green head).

but chad B. use OS vspec.... so... its the driver then.
i know you're joking around. i'll pull up a full track pic soon. just from these pics you can notice that we only have two small wooden ramp jumps and the rest is perfectly smooth.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:58 AM   #2603
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

how often should you rebuild the big bore shocks? It seems as though i'm rebuilding them every 2-3 races. This sucks. Is this normal? I'm fairly new 1/8 buggy and I'm tryin to get a hold of this monster
Old 10-13-2006, 06:13 AM   #2604
Tech Elite

Quote:
how often should you rebuild the big bore shocks? It seems as though i'm rebuilding them every 2-3 races. This sucks. Is this normal? I'm fairly new 1/8 buggy and I'm tryin to get a hold of this monster
it is pretty normal for most people to do that. i only change my oil for two reasons. 1)if i need to change it due to different track conditions or 2)if it is dirty. i never change my oil if it is still clean and the shock is working properly. if your seals are good, you shouldn't need to change it so often. i know, i know, the pros change theirs about every race, but they need to stay at the top of their game. if you're just a club racer or basher, don't change your shock oil (or diff oil for that matter), unless it is dirty or just needs more oil.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:55 AM   #2605
Tech Addict

Blank,

I check my shocks every race day. What I look for is if the shock has taken on any air. If not I will not even open them up. If I do find air I will open them up and if the oil is still clean I will add oil and recap. If the oil is dirty I will dump and replace.

I have been racing RC for quite a few years and I have built just about every shock there is form 1/10th scale to 1/8th scale. The Jammin shocks IMO are the best on the market. I ran for Ofna this year but I will be going to Kyosho next year and my Jammin shocks are going with me!
SpeedBump57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:27 AM   #2606
Tech Elite

are you going to get the WC777?
Old 10-13-2006, 12:47 PM   #2607
Tech Addict

Absolutely!
Old 10-13-2006, 06:34 PM   #2608
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedBump57
Blank,

... I ran for Ofna this year but I will be going to Kyosho next year and my Jammin shocks are going with me!
hope 2 c u often here again. we need yer experience knowledge here
u may provide us some kyosho tips for us jammin 2 use
Old 10-13-2006, 08:49 PM   #2609
Tech Addict

I will take that as a complement JFC, Thank you!

I will still be around; the Jammin is a good buggy. I raced K2 & K3 and liked them both. I drove a SP1 once and did not care for it at all. At that time Horizon was just bringing out the Sportwerks line. I live not more than 45 min from Horizon and raced with the guy that helped develop it, John Adams. So I thought what the heck and raced one of those for about a year and a half then got on with Ofna at the end of last year. The reason for this long winded post was to say you always here someone say there is a car for everybody. Well about a month ago I had a chance to drive an SP2 after out local race night was over. After about three laps I felt like I had been driving that buggy all season. After the first tank I was turning lap times that were faster, (about a second+) then my fasted lap this season in the Jammin. I had no problem pushing the SP2 to the edge. I ran three tanks and only crashed once. I went home that night with a brand new plan.

I have made some good RC buddies in this thread and some I even race with so I am not going anywhere.

Bump
Old 10-13-2006, 08:55 PM   #2610
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedBump57
I will take that as a complement JFC, Thank you!

I will still be around; the Jammin is a good buggy. I raced K2 & K3 and liked them both. I drove a SP1 once and did not care for it at all. At that time Horizon was just bringing out the Sportwerks line. I live not more than 45 min from Horizon and raced with the guy that helped develop it, John Adams. So I thought what the heck and raced one of those for about a year and a half then got on with Ofna at the end of last year. The reason for this long winded post was to say you always here someone say there is a car for everybody. Well about a month ago I had a chance to drive an SP2 after out local race night was over. After about three laps I felt like I had been driving that buggy all season. After the first tank I was turning lap times that were faster, (about a second+) then my fasted lap this season in the Jammin. I had no problem pushing the SP2 to the edge. I ran three tanks and only crashed once. I went home that night with a brand new plan.

I have made some good RC buddies in this thread and some I even race with so I am not going anywhere.

Bump
thanks. wish u all the best in yer undertakings. im up to now, never driven any kyosho buggy so now, u got me inspired
i bet its great buggy. if not the 7 world championship in their hand must be false.
ok..next try. kyosho sp2 wc then.