Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey dazyz, did you ever look at my race results with the new setup? what do you think?

well guys, i have good race news to report on my front with the home-grown setup. the track was in perfect shape, perfectly smooth (that's how the owner likes it), hard packed and wet, very tacky with lots'o'traction. out of 17 heat races, i won 8 (that's just how we race). after i got my engine issues sorted out (very humid) i started to really push the buggy to see what it would do. i started off with crime fighters all around, but they switched to some mini-pins all around to see what happened. i noticed a little loss of lateral grip, so i put the crime fighters in the rear and that solved my problem.
Ya.... carbon shoes wear on the cb much nicer Maybe just try the 1.1 Mugen springs than
i believe i am using the gold springs, which are 1.1mm. they're not going to be different from the Mugen springs are they? and what's the difference between the blue shoes, the purple shoes, and the silver clutch shoes? do they weight different?
Old 07-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
hey dazyz, did you ever look at my race results with the new setup? what do you think?

i believe i am using the gold springs, which are 1.1mm. they're not going to be different from the Mugen springs are they? and what's the difference between the blue shoes, the purple shoes, and the silver clutch shoes? do they weight different?

Blue are the lightest one ... they kick fast and on low RPM and the wear rate its a little high, the purples are medium weight medium wear and the silver ones are very hard and light, great for long mains and with little wear rate ...
Old 07-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi tabushi...

for me, im using blue shoes n gold springs. it works fine with my STS 28. im planning to get the silver though. till the stock available of coz.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds good. What was the track surface like?
Old 07-20-2006, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Sounds good. What was the track surface like?
it was very smooth, hard packed, moist, nice and tacky. you couldn't slide on it, in fact some guys traction rolled a bit.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

i know this sounds like kind of a mindless question to ask, but should i upgrade to the Big Bore shocks? i still have the original shocks and they seem to work fine for me. and considering i have bought a bunch of spare parts for my buggy (including various stock shock parts), and have bought a set of hard springs AND TKO dual stage pistons for the shocks, i don't want to leave NIB parts rotting in my pit box. however, the original shocks are a pain in the a$$ to rebuild, and my 777 still has crappy RTR shocks, so i could always use the original shocks on my 777 and put the new big bores on my Jammin (which is my racing buggy). the reason why i am saying this is because i have some $$$ to burn and still feel like my ride can be upgraded further. here is a list of what i have already:

-All "Pro" kit(not FT) hop-ups
-billet upper and lower B blocks
-light weight front and rear diff outdrives
-CNC differential pins (not necessary )
-King Headz front upper brace
-craddock brake disks
-aluminum wing support posts
-TKO dual stage shock pistons
-Ofna white hard springs

I have been thinking about getting some of these things but don't know if they're necessary:
-5mm front/rear shock towers
-aluminum radio tray posts
-light weight center diff outdrives
-captured hinge pins
-one piece engine mount
-big bore shocks
-aluminum rear hub carriers

and i am not trying to show off or anything here, i just want some honest opinions. i generally don't make the wisest decisions when upgrading my rides, so i want some fellow racers opinions. what can i buy to make my racing buggy more durable, efficient, light weight, etc?
Old 07-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

The "BIG BORE" shocks are the best on the market!

I upgraded and noticed a big difference in the ruff sections of the track.

Best $100 I spent on the original CR Pro buggy!

The stock CR shock towers I think actually worked better than the FTE shock towers other than the FTE towers being 1mm thicker. I would say purchase a one-piece engine mount before the FTE shock towers. And for the one piece engine mount I would look at the King Headz mount. It allows you to remove the engine without messing up the pinion gear mesh, unlike the one-piece ofna crap mount, and the King Headz is the same price from A-main hobbies at $45!
Old 07-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GeneralG
The "BIG BORE" shocks are the best on the market!

I upgraded and noticed a big difference in the ruff sections of the track.

Best $100 I spent on the original CR Pro buggy!

The stock CR shock towers I think actually worked better than the FTE shock towers other than the FTE towers being 1mm thicker. I would say purchase a one-piece engine mount before the FTE shock towers. And for the one piece engine mount I would look at the King Headz mount. It allows you to remove the engine without messing up the pinion gear mesh, unlike the one-piece ofna crap mount, and the King Headz is the same price from A-main hobbies at $45!

I dont undertand that thing about engine mounts, i take off my engine for cleaning every weekend and NEVER messed up with the gear mesh, i just use a 2.5mm ball hex driver and take off the engine screws, not the mount under-chassis screws ...
Old 07-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

And for the one piece engine mount I would look at the King Headz mount. It allows you to remove the engine without messing up the pinion gear mesh, unlike the one-piece ofna crap mount, and the King Headz is the same price from A-main hobbies at $45!
if i were to get a new engine mount i would definately get the KHZ assembly. it's really an ingenius idea they had. what about the other things on my list, are they not necessary other than the Big Bore shocks?

-captured hinge pins
-one piece engine mount
-big bore shocks
Old 07-22-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Tabushi
I dont undertand that thing about engine mounts, i take off my engine for cleaning every weekend and NEVER messed up with the gear mesh, i just use a 2.5mm ball hex driver and take off the engine screws, not the mount under-chassis screws ...
i did the same thing too. no worry of the gear messing again.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:32 PM
Tech Regular

if i were to get a new engine mount i would definately get the KHZ assembly. it's really an ingenius idea they had. what about the other things on my list, are they not necessary other than the Big Bore shocks?

-captured hinge pins
-one piece engine mount
-big bore shocks
None of them are essential. The big bore shocks will make the most noticeable difference though. Maybe the captured hinge pins for convenience. Some people tend to lose the e clips and have the hinge pins fall out.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:14 AM
Tech Champion

definitely the captured hinge pin. i lost many e-clips already
and yes, the big bore is a must for racing 7 especially on rough track.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

and yes, the big bore is a must for racing 7 especially on rough track.
well, the thing is i race on a VERY smooth track. the only jumps launch you no more than 2 feet high, so i could use TC shocks and still be fine! but really, do you think the old shocks will suit me fine on a very smooth track?
Old 07-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Default X1-CR and X!-CRT parts

Guys,

Where can I find a comprehensive list of parts that can be inter-chageable between X-CR and X1-CRT?

Perhaps all can help to list it down here?

Thanks.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by entaro
Guys,

Where can I find a comprehensive list of parts that can be inter-chageable between X-CR and X1-CRT?

Perhaps all can help to list it down here?

Thanks.
try from this nitrohouse website
from there, look at yer left, click the Jammin CRT. compare from there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.