Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Jammin X1 - so close yet so far >

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Old 07-14-2006, 04:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was curious as to what you might think Dazyz.

macnkitty2002 Listen to Dazyz mate he knows set ups better than most guys i've met.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

arghh, here is what i got. click ont the diagram in the window.

http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...?idproduct=478

I think it would feel soggy when the weight transfers from the centre to the side as the compression is soft which will make the car lose cornering stability and in turn losing steering.
maybe, i have never tried something like this before.

You will probably find the rear of the car is too loose and it won't accelerate as hard through the loss of rear traction.
i don't quite understand what you are saying. i always thought that if there is more weight over one side of the car, that side with the more weight would yield more traction. and with a stiffer car all around, there is less weight trasfer, which would yield more even traction distrubution.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:03 AM
Tech Addict

I think what he is getting at is you are going to have less weight transfer to the rear so yes you are going to have less traction over all. In other words you are probably just going to lite up all four tires rather easy. It should be a good learing experiance none the less, let us know what happens.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

Thats basically what I was saying. Just concerned that the rear end will be too hard. It will be interesting though. If it doens't feel great to start with maybe try a lighter centre diff oil to compensate for the additional front traction.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Thats basically what I was saying. Just concerned that the rear end will be too hard. It will be interesting though. If it doens't feel great to start with maybe try a lighter centre diff oil to compensate for the additional front traction.
i haven't rebuilt the shocks yet, so should i use 40wt in the rear instead of 45wt?
Old 07-14-2006, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Just run it with the 40 wt to see how it feels then change to 45wt. Even if it makes it worse then at least you'll know for future reference.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

cool, i'll go and build my shocks now.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Default new to off road.

having been racing 1/8 on road for years, off road is relatively new to me.
i've encountered problems for my new x1-cr. i drive on a tight dusty track.
how do i get more on-power steering? current diff is 5-5-1.heavier rear??
the track at my town is very bumpy,extremely in fact.and each time i try to power through it, the rear jumps up.seen car go through bumps with ease before,but just can't get mine right.any help?? hard damping soft springs or??need real help here. thanks.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

how do i get more on-power steering? current diff is 5-5-1.heavier rear??
i wanted more on power steering too, so i went down 1k in my front diff from 5k to 4k and i noticed a difference. if you go up in the rear you will probably lose steering. try moving the rear hubs all the way forward by putting the spacers in the back.

the track at my town is very bumpy,extremely in fact.and each time i try to power through it, the rear jumps up.seen car go through bumps with ease before,but just can't get mine right.any help?? hard damping soft springs or??need real help here. thanks.
hmm, sounds like you need a plusher rear suspension. what rear suspension setup are you using now? try using a soft spring with medium wieght oil.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

well guys, i have good race news to report on my front with the home-grown setup. the track was in perfect shape, perfectly smooth (that's how the owner likes it), hard packed and wet, very tacky with lots'o'traction. out of 17 heat races, i won 8 (that's just how we race). after i got my engine issues sorted out (very humid) i started to really push the buggy to see what it would do. i started off with crime fighters all around, but they switched to some mini-pins all around to see what happened. i noticed a little loss of lateral grip, so i put the crime fighters in the rear and that solved my problem.
i think i certainly solved the problem of the nose shooting up when i accelerate, partly because i used more droop than i usually do. the car didn't feel as if it carved into the turn initially very well, but mid to exit turning was very good. i could almost pivot right around the pipe! however, this comes with a loss of corner speed too.
for the 3 jumps we have on the track, the buggy really handled them well. very smooth, level flight, and controllable. what i really noticed is that when the buggy landed and i hit the throttle again, it shot off into the corner like a rocket.
to my regret, i didn't get a chance (let's say i didn't want to) to change my spring combo at all. i wanted to put some harder springs on the front to see if it would carve into the turn better, but the 2nd place guy was really on my toes the whole time and i didn't want to chance it. next time i'll try some softer springs in the rear and harder springs in the front.

also, i noticed that my engine really needed to spool up before it would start moving. i almost had to pull back 1/4 on the throttle before it would even budge. i run the blue shoes with gold springs on an RB S5, what should i change to get snappier acceleration?
Old 07-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Go with the Mugen carbon shoes and the 1.1 springs, it will be really snappy!!! THat's the combo I run and really like it.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Go with the Mugen carbon shoes and the 1.1 springs, it will be really snappy!!! THat's the combo I run and really like it.
Really? carbon shoes? i always thought that the aluminum ones would give me better snap. i think i might try a hotter glow plug first, because it might just be the engine.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ya.... carbon shoes wear on the cb much nicer Maybe just try the 1.1 Mugen springs than
Old 07-18-2006, 03:48 AM
Tech Regular

What thickness are the gold springs?
Old 07-18-2006, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dazyz
What thickness are the gold springs?

I just took my gold springs and they are 1.1mm ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.