Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

http://www.nitrohouse.com/options,_x1.htm

Last part. Pretty Pricey, Cradocks are 14 bucks for 4 disc's. I got the wrong disc's get the hyper 7 disc's they slide right on.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id=2033
Old 01-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Im getting a new x1 in a couple of weeks and doing some 1/8 scale this year what weight oil do the diffs have in them stock?Whats the difference in springs from the rtr and the kit?

Thanks in advance

Edit also read the stock steering servo is slow in rcca is it slow to the point of getting a new one or can life go on with the stocker.

Last edited by PIND; 01-13-2005 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:19 AM
Tech Adept

Cradocks:
There are Anti-lock versions available at advantageracingproducts.com
Old 01-14-2005, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by PIND
Im getting a new x1 in a couple of weeks and doing some 1/8 scale this year what weight oil do the diffs have in them stock?Whats the difference in springs from the rtr and the kit?

Thanks in advance

Edit also read the stock steering servo is slow in rcca is it slow to the point of getting a new one or can life go on with the stocker.
The Pro comes with front-3k, center-5k, rear-1k. I use Airtronics 94358s for steering and throttle.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Jammin X1 Engine and Pipe

I am hoping you guys can help me with this. Let me start by saying I am a basher not a racer. I have a Jammin x1 and I am putting in a RB S7 with a JP2 Pipe.

Is this a good choice? What can I expect from this combo.
I was told my pipe choice for this motor was not a good one and I should of got the 086 or 063 JP pipe for it.

I was talked out of the RB WS7II. because they said for bashing it was a waste of the extra money.
I also was talked out of the Novarossi P5 and S421B because of parts issues when needed.

Can you give me your opinions on this and make any suggestion or comments for me?
Old 01-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

I don't know what comes in the RTR kits..sorry guys

and please...PLEASE try not to make threads when there are already existing ones.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy

Sorry that was a mistake on my part. I thought I started a new thread I guess not
Old 01-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

The Search button on this site is ridiculously accurate.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Well, I finally got my remaining parts and finished my car up for the race.....tomorrow!

I did feel right away that the 50/40 oil was too heavy, so I went down to 40/30, rather then drilling the pistons, since I figure pack is usually a good thing on "most" tracks.

I ordered the one peice engine mount and bolt style hinge pins, but they didn't make it here on time....so much for paying for priority mail on saturday to get them in time, LOL!

I'll see how much grief I get with those items at Florida state series race #1 now!....., Jim
Old 01-14-2005, 07:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Just curious if you treat everyone who is new to this like this for making a honest mistake.

Oh and by the way I have tryed the search button and I can't find
half the stuff I am looking for since the word is not long enough. Like looking for RB ws7 etc...
Must just be me.

But hey thanks for making me feel welcome.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks slrguy!
Old 01-16-2005, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

braminator - Not ragging on you or anything, it happens 10 times a day.

90% of the questions you will ask are here already..rather than having the same ten topics here 100 times, just look for things a little bit.

I ran my buggy at Hemet today..and it was RIDICULOUS. My lap times were right up there with Jeremy Kortz's TQ times, and i was the only one who ran 22 second laps in the main event. Sure..my engine mount loosened up..but I'm very happy with how the night went.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:59 AM
Tech Regular

All four of the center diff posts broke yesterday on our Jammin, has this problem been addressed? Noticed they broke at shoulder where bore stops after threads, the hole was to deep and ended right where shoulder necks down leaving only a few thousandths of thickness. 4 extra posts were include in kit looked like hole depth was shorter, so I'm hoping this will end problem.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Whoa! First one I've heard of...haha.

I'll let the guys know.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Sofast-NT
All four of the center diff posts broke yesterday on our Jammin, has this problem been addressed? Noticed they broke at shoulder where bore stops after threads, the hole was to deep and ended right where shoulder necks down leaving only a few thousandths of thickness. 4 extra posts were include in kit looked like hole depth was shorter, so I'm hoping this will end problem.
There were 4 additional diff posts in a separate bag in my kit marked "center diff supports". Those are the ones I ended up using since the center diff supports included in the build bag did not have the threads deep enough to allow the screws from the bottom of the chassis to pull them tight. No problem so far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.