R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-20-2006, 01:20 PM   #2191
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SavageSYNTH25

They don't look too impressive to me.....If they're lightened, they're more than likely made of a softer metal. Weight may decrease, but wear rate will probably increase.

I'd rather stick with the standard unis.
SavageSYNTH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:51 PM   #2192
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

that's what i thought. are the Kyosho uni's lighter?
Old 06-20-2006, 04:42 PM   #2193
Tech Addict

A heaver buggy is not always a bad thing. IMO that is one of the reasons the Jammin is more stable in the rough. I also have 5 AA's for the RX and the .60 body from J-concepts which makes it heavier yet! If you are honest with your self these buggies are way over powered anyway.
SpeedBump57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:54 PM   #2194
Tech Regular

Speedbump57 that is the true. I have a collari 3 port in mine and I cant see getting a bigger motor. I mean why do you need a motor to have 2hp when you know the car can take only so much. that is what I will never get but as long as people kepp making them someone will buy them!
Desert Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:06 PM   #2195
Tech Addict

Yep!! IMO most of the RC world would turn faster lap times with an OS RG. I see it time and time again. It takes a lot of throttle control and lots and lots of wheel time to get faster lap times from a high end engine. They do however kinda make you giggle when you get them on the striaght though.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:11 PM   #2196
Tech Regular

I agree. Most folks say slower is faster so why do you have a $400 motor that has twice the power of a regular racer? I run 24.7 pro in most of my rigs and they have been more reliable then most of the other high end motors at 6 gallons and counting. True though when they are reaching top peak they do make you giggle a little.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:13 PM   #2197
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SavageSYNTH25

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
that's what i thought. are the Kyosho uni's lighter?
To be honest, I don't know. I can however tell you that the unis in my 777Sp2 have around 4 gallons of fuel on them and are just starting to wear. My old Jammin unis had to be replaced at about 1-1.5 gallons, because they were flatspotted.
SavageSYNTH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:07 PM   #2198
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Racer
Most folks say slower is faster so why do you have a $400 motor that has twice the power of a regular racer?
is that mean a 3 port motor is more reliable..
arghh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:12 PM   #2199
Tech Regular

I guess. My collari is very reliable. it is the 3 port version and it screams. Sure it might not be the fastest or best motor but it gets the jobs done for half the price.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:16 PM   #2200
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by arghh
is that mean a 3 port motor is more reliable..
no that means you will drive more consistant. you wont have all the hourses under the car to aid in mistakes. with more power to can spin out more and loose traction easier. with the 3ports that are slower it will be harder to break the car loose, you wont have to worry about throtal input as much and you will be alot smoother.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:22 PM   #2201
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default Damn im cursed on MT Class !!!

Guys, im starting to feel im cursed !! ...

Im right now in my country visiting my wife and doughter and sunday had the chance to race at the track i showed to you couple of weeks ago on video ( http://images.domino.org/d/62603-1/B...ersion+wma.wmv right click to save). I just had the chance to learn the track for 2 hours prior to the race. I raced MT and Buggy classes. 2x10 minutes qualify, 10 minutes lower mains, 20 minutes A-Main.

On buggies, im more than happy with the Jammin and STS .21T combo ... i ended racing the A-Main starting at 5th place and ended 2nd one lap behind the national champion ... so, not a lot to talk about it, just plain HAPPY (im the one on yellow shirt) :

On MT class, all wrong, first qualify was great, ended first and making best lap of the day , but on second qualify a guy hit me on the rears and broke a GPM plasting rod end (man i thought this things were unbreakable) ... my pitman changed it on 3 minutes and back on the track, the slipper was screaming like hell ... i wass full sliping, and the slipper metal parts were almost red on fire (very hot), i ended the qualify on last place but at least running.

Checked the slippers, were not glazed and the nut seems ok, i screwed inn previous changing the nut for a new one just in case, worked great "wheels on air" but once the truck put the tires on dirt, it slipped again. I didnt knew what to do so taking advance of the heat of the metal pads i just put a lot of CA glue on it in order to to glue metal pads + rubber pads + spur all together (i know, last thing to do guys !!) ... well it worked just GREAT, never felt my TNX pushing so hard on power ... on the A-Main i was just flying on the track, the actual national champ on MT Class is a friend with a TZ powered Revo and highly modified and we were just fighting tire by tire until "the curse" showed up ... just like a flash i was without a rear shock, entered to pits and my pitman yells that a plastic shock end broke ... he changed it with a lot of effort and i was back on track ... 7 inutes later, i lost a tire ... damn !! ... my pitman get the truck and asked me to go down the pilot tower ... the rear right wheel ended with a rounded hex and by the heat it melted and was almost impossible to get the wheel out ... i took a dremel and dremeled the wheel out ... a friend passed me another 40 series wheel/tire so i went back to the track just with 2 minutes to end the main ... so, 5th place for me ... guys im very very sad about this ... anyway ... for sure its time to go for 17mm hexes ... after this, no more 14mm for me ...

Thanks once again to Maxy's Fuel, Racernine.com and this time specially to posersave racing for a package of samples of their air filters they sent to me ... great products !!

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:44 PM   #2202
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4guy
no that means you will drive more consistant. you wont have all the hourses under the car to aid in mistakes. with more power to can spin out more and loose traction easier. with the 3ports that are slower it will be harder to break the car loose, you wont have to worry about throtal input as much and you will be alot smoother.
Yeah right this collari will spin all four tires on a well pre pared track!
Old 06-20-2006, 11:17 PM   #2203
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Racer
My collari is very reliable. it is the 3 port version and it screams. Sure it might not be the fastest or best motor but it gets the jobs done for half the price.
anyboy experience STS D21E latest 3 port taiwan engine... is it 3 port engine increase fuel economy and can more long lasting
arghh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:06 AM   #2204
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The best 3 port engine value for money would have to be the OS21 VZB V-Spec T.
I have 2 of them and they scream and will keep up with any Nova or alike.
You can buy them for $330AU here in Australia.
Bargain at that price as it is cheaper than Hong Kong.
Just my 2cents.
-Stuff for sale-
CRT.5 - OS .12TZ (P) All reasonable offers Considered!
RCRacing.com.au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:19 AM   #2205
Tech Addict

I'm going to have to disagree with the V-spec. IMO the best value for the money with a three port would have to be the Nova BF21 3 port at 179.00.