Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Pro-Line Dirt Works vs. Pro-Line Dirt Hawg II... >

Pro-Line Dirt Works vs. Pro-Line Dirt Hawg II...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro-Line Dirt Works vs. Pro-Line Dirt Hawg II...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Mix
Tech Rookie

Default Pro-Line Dirt Works vs. Pro-Line Dirt Hawg II...

I am looking at adding a new set of tires to my arsenal. I have narrowed it down to these two options from Proline. My only problem is, I cannot decide which one to go with. I do not have any well stocked hobby shops nearby where I can see them first hand, and I do not know any other local bashers to ask, so I thought I would come here to get some feedback and opinions.

Pro-Line Dirt Works vs. Pro-Line Dirt Hawg II

If anyone has run these two tires from Proline I would love to hear what you have to say. I am looking for something that gets good traction in loose to hard soil, but also has a long wear time. For what ever it's worth, they will be used on an Associated GT2 RS/RTR truck.

Just curious as to what those that have used either or both of them think about these two tire options.

Thanks for any feedback/thoughts.

Mix
Old 06-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I can tell you that I push those 2 proline tires heavily at my store. I mainly deal with first timers and bashers, not a ton of racers, so I stock both tires regularly.

Here is how I look at the tires,

Dirt Hawgs: Great overall tire. Long tread wear great basher tires. IMO better for street use

Dirt-works: With the smaller lug, may be better suited for looser dirt, barkdust etc. If you want something for more offroad than onroad, I would pick this one.

MOmo
Old 06-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Mix
Tech Rookie

Great. Thanks MOmo. This is the kind of info I am looking for.

Any others please feel free to chime in.