Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hyper 7 problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? hyper 7 problem

i just bought a hyper 7 tq sport black edition and when i drive it i notice that the rear tires are pointing in? i have messed with tighting and lossening the bars in the back and even stiffining the shocks? any suggestions?? thanks
Old 06-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The rear tires should point in and the fronts should point out.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

How much are they pointing in? That is called toe-in and is set by your rear toe-block. You do not want your wheels to be perfectly straight. The buggy will be darn near impossible to drive if the wheels are perfectly straight. The only way to change the rear toe on that buggy is to get a different toe block.

You should have some (like 2 or 3 degrees) of toe-in on the rear and some toe-out on the front. When you look down on the top of your buggy, the front of the rear wheels should point inward slightly and the front of your front wheels should point outward slightly. This is normal.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by sdtech58
How much are they pointing in? That is called toe-in and is set by your rear toe-block. You do not want your wheels to be perfectly straight. The buggy will be darn near impossible to drive if the wheels are perfectly straight. The only way to change the rear toe on that buggy is to get a different toe block.

You should have some (like 2 or 3 degrees) of toe-in on the rear and some toe-out on the front. When you look down on the top of your buggy, the front of the rear wheels should point inward slightly and the front of your front wheels should point outward slightly. This is normal.
thankyou i was getting a little nervous i thought i broke something! what parts are known to break on the hyper 7 that i should get ready for?
Old 06-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The only thing that will break is the steering servo. Replace with a 200oz servo. Maybe the wing and mount . those buggys are very tough.