R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default D8T shocks on a Lightning Stadium Pro

I have a LSP and since I can no longer find replacement shock shafts or rebuild kits, I want to know what all I need to replace them with the D8T shocks. I called HPI / HotBodies and they told me they would be a direct fit, but after buying the shocks, assembling them, and installing them my truggy sits lower than a buggy. Anybody got any suggestions?
hotdog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog76 View Post
I have a LSP and since I can no longer find replacement shock shafts or rebuild kits, I want to know what all I need to replace them with the D8T shocks. I called HPI / HotBodies and they told me they would be a direct fit, but after buying the shocks, assembling them, and installing them my truggy sits lower than a buggy. Anybody got any suggestions?
If Hot Bodies told you they were a direct fit they flat out Lied to you.. The Shocks are shorter then any other 1/8 vehicle made. The D8 get away with it by mounting the shocks further in-ward on the lower A-arms. Your best bet is to resale them to someone and try to find some Jammin Big Bores.. those shocks should work for you. The only thing you might need would be the stand offs on the shock tower..

The only way you might get the D8t shocks to work is by using the longer shock end. Check these out
Old 06-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyM View Post
If Hot Bodies told you they were a direct fit they flat out Lied to you.. The Shocks are shorter then any other 1/8 vehicle made. The D8 get away with it by mounting the shocks further in-ward on the lower A-arms. Your best bet is to resale them to someone and try to find some Jammin Big Bores.. those shocks should work for you. The only thing you might need would be the stand offs on the shock tower..

The only way you might get the D8t shocks to work is by using the longer shock end. Check these out
kyosho LONG big bores might work too
Driving the best quality cars in the market.
808gx7r is offline   Reply With Quote