R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

HMMMM> Losi does things better and mugen does some things better. I hated my losi 2.0 for the longest time till i finally switched out the rear shock oil to something better then 25wt. After that i loved it. The mugen it was just okay didnt really do anything great just did it good enuf. it is built very well parts do hold up great. But i vote the losi just cause a part wears out should not stop u from buying it check the stop watch... One thing with a losi you get is no matter what track you run no setup changes needed just swap tires.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

It all depends on how you drive if you are a easy driver the losi is what you need and if you drive hard you need the mugen, the mugen can be pushed harder than the losi
Jammin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:39 PM   #18
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad dude View Post
Man I really love these types of threads......

see i told you

but not all types of buggys have high wear on the drivetrain and drive the same but there all diffrent on how they handle out of the box.

i whould get a mugen though if you want quality even though i never driven one.

and oh yea quicker wear on any buggy or truggy will make me not buy it thats just me though.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #19
Tech Regular

I say Mugen, I ran Losi first and switched to Mugen and have not looked back. It's easier to maintain overall, is lighter than my Losi and I have not had to change the setup anywhere i go, just tires.

Mugen MBX6R/Airtronics M11X/Ninja Engines/Sidewinder Fuel/EB Mods
Slider30250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neobart View Post
Unlike others I will not comment on a car I've never owned.

I say Losi, provided parts support is OK.

In the 5 years I've had cars from their 8ight line, I've never had any big mishaps.

Parts and bearings wear out, and a few broken parts from me being stupid. But no DNF's other than what was my own fault. That's what you get for not using locktite.

Yes, they are sloppy, they all are. Some claim Losi has more slop than other, I wouldn't know. It works for me.

I do know the center front axle wears faster than other buggies, but on the plus side it's the only one you have to keep an eye on regularly.

It does have some points to be aware of. For instance, the screws holding the towers to the bulkheads should be swopped for longer ones. They tend to loosen up over time, longer ones have more plastic to grab and never come loose.
All of the newer buggies wear the front center driveshaft faster than their previous siblings. This is what was required to stay competitive and redistribute weight.

Ask others to drive both and pick the one which suites you. As an owner of both cars I preferred the losi indoors and the mugen outdoors., my pinion of course.
rfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by neobart View Post
Most definitely the driver(not meaning you :-) ). There is one driver over here who blows rear diffs about every race he does with his truggy. He is very hard on his equipment, and it shows.

I'm very gentle with my rigs, not that I baby them. But I take good care of them.
You know I never thought of that. The guy was hard on his equipment, maybe the buggy had already been beat to snot before I got it, and like the other guy said, if you maintain it well it will last longer, I do maintain my cars well, so the mugen is lasting a long time, and If I had a losi it just may last a long time too....

Great points guys, I learn something everyday, or even remember something I had forgotten when writing...

I never said Losi was not fast, I've had my but handed to me by that car from several guys..... the Losi has been out a long time though, an you wonder what change are in the works, on the plus side, parts are chreap on e bay probably so anything that may wear fast won't be expensive. I guess I just admire Mugen because they have been making 1/8th sale for a long time, back when Losi and Associate didn't see any "money" in it, and that is silly of them, these buggies should have been refined over the years and they would be better , alot better, especially with how great Losi and Associted are at desigining. I guess I'm a little bitter, having to buy Kyosho for all those years and spend so much money when Losi and Associated could build a great buggy fo a great price. I'll admit it was irritating.....and now that they have one it's like, ur too late buddy......
Old 06-19-2011, 04:09 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider30250 View Post
I say Mugen, I ran Losi first and switched to Mugen and have not looked back. It's easier to maintain overall, is lighter than my Losi and I have not had to change the setup anywhere i go, just tires.
same here. i dont change setup at all unless the track is super rough. tires is the only thing i change.
Mugen MBX7 Eco / LRP / Airtronics M11x
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
same here. i dont change setup at all unless the track is super rough. tires is the only thing i change.
would you mind sharing your setup?

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:18 PM   #24
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin57 View Post
It all depends on how you drive if you are a easy driver the losi is what you need and if you drive hard you need the mugen, the mugen can be pushed harder than the losi
+1 I went from Losi to Mugen just so i could Push the car more and it made me faster. The Mugen is an On power Car it turns better on Power the Losi is an Off Power car it turns better Off Power so by saying that its all in how you drive if you like Power driving in an out of corners then the Mugen is your car if you Like to drive Fast up to the Corners and then Roll in and out of the corners and back on the gas then the Losi is for you.

I ran losi for 2 years first with the 8ight and then when the 2.0 came out i had to have it and in 2 years i never broke 1 part on my losi and all i ever changed out was the Pins in the front drive shaft other then that it was a Great car just did not fit how i like to drive.

Now i have a had my Mugen for 1 year and have had to fix Nothing its built Great no parts replaced in a year and the buggy fits how i like to drive both are Great cars it all up to how you like to drive.
Rc Pro ProDucts Team Driver www.rcproproducts.com
Hobby Pro USA Team Driver www.vp-pro-usa.com

Last edited by thenova70ss; 06-19-2011 at 04:43 PM.
thenova70ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
would you mind sharing your setup?
this is mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen or Losi?-scan0002.jpg  
Mugen MBX7 Eco / LRP / Airtronics M11x
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3asher View Post
This is like chevy vs ford.
No cause in that case theres an obvious answer

Id say the Mugen is a safer bet. Its most likely more durable and easier to drive.
The Losi is very responsive and agressive and requires more maintenace because of higher wear.
Depends alittle on your drivingstyle aswell ofc.
TLR 22 Toro 9.0kv Futaba BLS451
Futaba 4PK
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:34 PM   #27
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenova70ss View Post
+1 I went from Losi to Mugen just so i could Push the car more and it made me faster. The Mugen is an On power Car it turns better on Power the Losi is an Off Power car it turns better Off Power so by saying that its all in how you drive if you like Power driving in an out of corners then the Mugen is your car if you Like to drive Fast up to the Corners and then Roll in and out of the corners and back on the gas then the Losi is for you.

I ran losi for 2 years first with the 8ight and then when the 2.0 came out i had to have it and in 2 years i never broke 1 part on my losi and all i ever changed out was the Pins in the front drive shaft other then that it was a Great car just did not fit how i like to drive.

Now i have a had my Mugen for 1 year and have had to fix Nothing its built Great no parts replaced in a year and the buggy fits how i like to drive both are Great cars it all up to how you like to drive.
I would agree with that for the most part. The two prefer different driving styles. Pick the right one for you and you'll be golden. They are both very good cars. The losi is fast when driven a bit easier and the mugen is fast when pushed hard. Can't go wrong either way really.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:30 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I still think the old Duratrax Raze was an awesome buggy.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:50 AM   #29
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
I still think the old Duratrax Raze was an awesome buggy.
Arrow from radio shack was the bomb.
l3asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:30 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Sorry but these "which one threads" are so boring there stupid. Bout twice a week the same thing is repeated and the same answers are given.

Except when a person drove brand A and was waving the flag for brand A now they switched to brand B and now talk crap about brand A. hahahahaha.

Entertaining......... just sayin.