R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 22
Default Why is a buggy so heavy?

I was looking at this RC Buggy and I was staggered at it's weight. Is this a mistake because it said it was 11 pounds.


"nitrorcx.com/1scexrcgp28e.html"

Mercedes 190 E Cosworth
Mercedes 190 E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #2
Tech Addict
 
awdcameolsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 591
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

hopefully
awdcameolsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:27 PM   #3
Tech Master
 
omarwashington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kenmore, WA
Posts: 1,088
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

here is the pic from that link he was trying to post

__________________
RCCARS!
omarwashington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
Tech Master
 
nitroexpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercedes 190 E View Post
I was looking at this RC Buggy and I was staggered at it's weight. Is this a mistake because it said it was 11 pounds.


"nitrorcx.com/1scexrcgp28e.html"

Mercedes 190 E Cosworth
They state that it is 5.2 kg and this equals 11.4 lbs. Heavy hauler.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,582
Default

It is heavy because it is a low... very low budget buggy.

The question should be more.... Why do you want to buy this buggy?
__________________
#WeAreAE The Forum - RCTen.com
My R/C Blog - MyRCBox.com
Sylvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:25 PM   #6
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 30
Default

First of all, that IS a misprint. Second, the size of the fuel tank is also a misprint, that is, it is 125cc and not 150cc. Third, to Sylvain, you would realise that it is not really a "very low budget buggy" if you did some research. The Exceed RC MadFire Racing Edition buggy is a rebadged Nanda Racing NRB-3 Pro buggy. True, Nanda Racing may not be a popular or even known brand in the U.S.A. but that doesn't mean that it's not any good. If you have not driven one or do not own one, you should not speak badly about it. I own one and I'm quite happy with it. It's as raceable and customizable as many other buggies from the well-known manufacturers. Just to be clear, I'm not a 'fan boy' as I've driven a number of different buggies, including those from XRAY and Mugen Seiki and Team Associated and Hot Bodies and Losi. In my experience, it's 90% driver and 10% vehicle. I'm only racing at a club level and, in truth, the Exceed RC MadFire Racing Edition is competitive, as is ANY buggy that is set up based on the driver's preference. Just my 2 cents.
McWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #7
Tech Master
 
nitroexpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McWolf View Post
First of all, that IS a misprint. Second, the size of the fuel tank is also a misprint, that is, it is 125cc and not 150cc. Third, to Sylvain, you would realise that it is not really a "very low budget buggy" if you did some research. The Exceed RC MadFire Racing Edition buggy is a rebadged Nanda Racing NRB-3 Pro buggy. True, Nanda Racing may not be a popular or even known brand in the U.S.A. but that doesn't mean that it's not any good. If you have not driven one or do not own one, you should not speak badly about it. I own one and I'm quite happy with it. It's as raceable and customizable as many other buggies from the well-known manufacturers. Just to be clear, I'm not a 'fan boy' as I've driven a number of different buggies, including those from XRAY and Mugen Seiki and Team Associated and Hot Bodies and Losi. In my experience, it's 90% driver and 10% vehicle. I'm only racing at a club level and, in truth, the Exceed RC MadFire Racing Edition is competitive, as is ANY buggy that is set up based on the driver's preference. Just my 2 cents.
Why make a racing edition on put a .28 engine in it? Besides being illegal, it's not smart. Only the LE comes with a .21 and it doesn't have 16mm shocks. Doesn't inspire confidence.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,147
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McWolf View Post
[SIZE="2" If you have not driven one or do not own one, you should not speak badly about it.[/SIZE]
Lighten up there strippy! Saying it's a low budget buggy is hardly talking "badly" about anything. Sounds more like it got under your skin and you took it personal in a defending manner as if you regret owning one or something... Pucker up butter cup...
got_nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #9
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,582
Default

For me, low budget means entry level... Low price tag. It doesn't mean bad quality!

just like the Cen Matric or Ofna LX2, It doesn't mean it can't be raced with success
__________________
#WeAreAE The Forum - RCTen.com
My R/C Blog - MyRCBox.com
Sylvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:53 PM   #10
Tech Addict
 
pntmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 506
Default

The RE is listed at 7.4lbs with a .28
http://www.exceedrc.com/18marcrareco.html
__________________
Agama USA/ VP Pro USA
Agama 215/ RBMods Novarossi Plus4C/ Savox
Kyosho STRR Evo2/ RBMods P5XLT/ Hitec
Team Byrons Racing Fuels
pntmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #11
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by got_nitro View Post
Lighten up there strippy! Saying it's a low budget buggy is hardly talking "badly" about anything. Sounds more like it got under your skin and you took it personal in a defending manner as if you regret owning one or something... Pucker up butter cup...

Hello there g_n. No, it's not a matter of Sylvain getting under my skin. I just don't believe that people should knock the 'less mainstream' brands without having experience other than that of other people, who may or may not have known what they were doing when they first got into the hobby, and had problems. The truth is, I believe that you should do some research based on what you like and can afford, and then make your purchase. I also believe that there is no best anything, only what is best for the individual. That being said, I did not mean to offend anyone or come off as if I was offended myself. Regarding your questions about the .28 engine in the 'racing edition' and lack of big bore shocks in the 'limited edition', those of us that race using the ROAR/IFMAR rules can't use a .28 engine. However, some clubs/tracks have a 'race what you have' class, and I think that the RTR .28 engines can serve as good 'practice' engines until the driver is ready to get a .21 engine and start racing under the ROAR/IFMAR rules. Again, I did not mean to offend anyone or make it seem as if I was offended. I apologise Sylvain if that is how it seemed *hand shake*.
McWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #12
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,147
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McWolf View Post
Hello there g_n. No, it's not a matter of Sylvain getting under my skin. I just don't believe that people should knock the 'less mainstream' brands without having experience other than that of other people, who may or may not have known what they were doing when they first got into the hobby, and had problems. The truth is, I believe that you should do some research based on what you like and can afford, and then make your purchase. I also believe that there is no best anything, only what is best for the individual. That being said, I did not mean to offend anyone or come off as if I was offended myself. Regarding your questions about the .28 engine in the 'racing edition' and lack of big bore shocks in the 'limited edition', those of us that race using the ROAR/IFMAR rules can't use a .28 engine. However, some clubs/tracks have a 'race what you have' class, and I think that the RTR .28 engines can serve as good 'practice' engines until the driver is ready to get a .21 engine and start racing under the ROAR/IFMAR rules. Again, I did not mean to offend anyone or make it seem as if I was offended. I apologise Sylvain if that is how it seemed *hand shake*.
I hear ya man, I'm just being a smart arse bustin your stones. No worries.
got_nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:32 PM   #13
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,582
Default

Relax guys! I'm not offended
__________________
#WeAreAE The Forum - RCTen.com
My R/C Blog - MyRCBox.com
Sylvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #14
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 22
Default

Thanks for all of the help the reason I want to get this is because I am going to race it on the road which is very bumpy has many damages. I am going to modify it so I can try an make my bid for a World Record.

Thanks for all of your Help,
Mercedes 190 E Cosworth
Mercedes 190 E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #15
Tech Addict
 
curacing2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Zealand Auckland
Posts: 594
Default

what record are you trying to break?

If you want to go very fast onroad with a buggy you should look at some brushless buggy youtube clips, 100mph and over... you would be lucky to get a sport .28 nitro engine anywere near that, it would take a big clutch bell and your clutch would start slipping or the motor would go flat or even blow.
curacing2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I want a LIGHT 808 E :) Pulse_ Electric Off-Road 54 12-13-2010 02:25 PM
Why is there a weight limit? Matt Piva Nitro Off-Road 40 03-07-2010 05:50 PM
Electric 1/8th Buggy....why so heavy? y2kgtp Electric Off-Road 58 08-22-2009 07:08 AM
WHY,Why,why....? is Hpi junk? This thing is starting to @#$%!me off! Zuperfastone Electric Off-Road 38 11-29-2002 02:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:44 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net